Card reader trouble

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Card reader trouble

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 pm

I have a copy of Encore Pro, My Encore and the DT3500 card reader. Well, I got all set up, only to find that my old PC (I now use a Mac) would not accept the programs beyond installation, so my husband said he'd put the programs on his PC. He installed the 2 E. programs (card reader last, via usb), but every time I tried to 'download data' (after setting myself up as a patient), I got an error message saying the reader was not connected. We tried other approaches to making it all work, based on his computer's set-up (very up to date, and he's completely knowledgable about it) but cannot seem to get things going because of the reader glitch. BTW I'm using a Remstar Auto less than 1 yr old - no c-flex, Pro or anything else but the humidifier it came with that I don't need or use. I should also say we've printed out all of Derek's instructions, etc. and followed them to the letter. If anyone can help with this, please let me know as I don't know what to do now, but would hate to have to return the reader and not be able to read my downloads. Thank you!

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): humidifier, C-FLEX, Encore Pro, auto

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:37 pm

Okay, here's a few suggestions. Some are obvious so please don't take offense.

1. Are you sure the USB on the tower works? (we had one that didn't and really screwed us up for a long time).

2. You are sure that the USB in Encore Pro under Preferences is checked?

3. You loaded the driver from the 2 factors site.

4. You are not networked.

5. Do you get the "green" light on the card reader when the Smart card is inserted.

6. Does your Smartcard say "Encore Pro". There is also a card that just says Encore that will not work.

I also have just a Remstar Auto, and mine reads fine - so we should be able to get you up and running. Others will chime in with more technical stuff.

Again, please understand I'm not questioning your or your husband's intelligence. Just trying to help.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:22 pm

Also the reader correct file from 2Factors is over 6 Meg in size, the reader needs to be disconnected when you run the install program. The computer need printer and file sharing turned on.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

dvejr

Post by dvejr » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:41 pm

A few more tweaks - I had to go into "Computer Management / Device Management" and disable and re-enable the card reader.

I had to plug the card reader into a "powered" USB receptacle instead of an unpowered one.

Doug

Selena

Card Reader trouble (new)

Post by Selena » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:49 am

Hi, and thank you all so much for your help - now the reader is working and I can get into E. Pro to check compliance, but a) I get an error message when I click on MyEncore, talking about SQL again, and the card light goes red, and b) in E. Pro I see pg 1 of 3, but there's no way to look at 2 and 3 unless I'm missing something... As you can see technically challenged is a euphemism for what I am here, so if anyone does have more to add it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Selena

Goblin

Post by Selena » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:03 am

Hi again - I thought I should make it clear that Julie & Selena are me - I've been having trouble posting as Julie, which seems to have cleared up, so I've been using Selena, but it's all the same story.

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:48 am

Julie, you actually have more than 3 pages also. To see pages 2 and 3, click on the up and down arrows just to the left of the numbers.

Here are other tips I have written up and sent others in a PM.

Getting Reports:

1. In the middle of the screen, halfway down, you will see your Name, or Interaction List and your data date (depends on what screen you are looking at). Double click on your name/and date to get the next screen.
2. A box will pop up saying Summary or Full Details, you can select either one and change dates. You can run your reports.
3. If you right click on the data date, you will get more options. The View Interaction Report is the same one you would get with a double click in 2.

Also, in the upper left of the screen under Common Tasks you can click on Reports and select Multiple Download Compliance Report. This will give you a compliance report of all the downloads you have done.

Encore Pro reports give you compliance, pressure, daily reports, and other info. MyEncore reports will give more comprehensive, patient friendly reports. Both programs are very informative and useful. Here is the site for the MyEncore Table of Contents (and explanations of the various charts).

myencore.php

Goofproof

Re: Card Reader trouble (new)

Post by Goofproof » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:12 am

a) I get an error message when I click on MyEncore, talking about SQL again, and the card light goes red.

You probably need the correct version of MyEncore, 15b7. MyEncore doesn't use the reader, it gets it's info from the Encore Pro MS Server. MyEncore is a program that sees the Encore Pro data in a more friendly way.

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:16 am

Julie, if you need 1.5b7 here it is:

viewtopic.php?t=6057&highlight=

Selena

Card reader - MyEncore trouble

Post by Selena » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi - I've gone to that download place before, but when I click on it, I get a pile of gibberish - think it's because I'm using my Mac to look at it, so will go to the link from Keith's PC tonite and try to get it. THANK YOU Again!!

Selena

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!

Post by Selena » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Linda - You're wonderful, please go buy yourself some champagne and charge it to me! That link made all the difference. I now can read all my data, and it's surprising, because I almost don't have any apnea now! My hypops are a little higher, but my new mask (UM II nasal) is really doing the job. Thank you a million times, and good luck with yourself. Julie

Linda3032

Re: I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!

Post by Linda3032 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:28 pm

Selena wrote:Linda - You're wonderful, please go buy yourself some champagne and charge it to me! Julie
... ...

Thank you, but actually Goofproof is the one who suggested you might have the wrong version - I just posted the link for you.

It just proves we're all working together to help others. Pass it on.

Glad you're doing so well with your therapy.

Linda