Newbie needs software help (RemStarAuto M-Series w/ A-Flex)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
heiron

Newbie needs software help (RemStarAuto M-Series w/ A-Flex)

Post by heiron » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Hoping someone can provide some assistance.

Just bought a used CPAP machine.
(RemStarAuto M-Series w/A-Flex)

I've also just purchased a Infineer/Mako DT3500 to access the data on the Encorepro smartcard.

What I DON'T have is any software.

Can someone help me?

Additionally, if I'm understanding what I'm reading on the forum, my card should be backed up and then wiped once a week?
Does that take an additional piece of software?
(and if so, any leads on where I might find that software?)

Thanks in advance for any information those more savvy than I can provide!

Pugsy

Re: Newbie needs software help (RemStarAuto M-Series w/ A-Flex)

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Check your private message box.
I used to use the same machine..if you run into trouble let me know.

Your smart card only holds the most recent 7 nights of data...so be sure to download at least once a week.
The software defaults to show only the last 7 most recent nights but the older reports are there via calendar selection.
The machine holds only summary usage data. If your smart card is not in the machine properly...you get how many hours you use the machine.
Card must be inserted properly and completely....single beep it is inserted correctly....multiple beeps it is inserted incorrectly....if you don't hear the beeps (most common error) not inserted fully.

There is a provision in the software to erase the card after download...obvious choice though..can't miss it.

If the software doesn't recognize the DT3500 after you install the software and plug the DT3500 in and try to download...you may need to update the driver software for the DT3500 from the Mako site...depending on your computer.
The driver software is included in the software that gets installed but I am unsure if it covers all computers.
So just a heads up if that happens.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Hope pugsy's PM was the help you need. If you don't have or get the software, one place you could buy it is at this link, to the online store of our hosts at this wonderful forum.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... chine.html

Even though the words "pr-system-one" appear in the link, I think it's what you want. Looks like the $109 option includes the reader you already have, and the $99 one doesn't. Read all the reviews, they look very instructive. And phone that 1-800 number to make sure my advice isn't bad.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Heiron has what he needs now I believe.

Anyone thinking about EncoreViewer 2.0 purchase....yes, it will work with the M series machines BUT it is 32 bit only software and will NOT install on a 64 bit computer.
It will run on a 64 bit computer with a workaround that involves installing it on a 32 bit computer and doing an old fashioned copy/past to disc and moving it that way.
The problem is only with the installer and 64 bit computers. Bypass the installer and it works fine.

Anyone reading this that happens to be using a new 60 series machine...don't even bother with Viewer...it won't work with the 60 series machines no matter what computer you have.

Also...I am going to post this link for the my card utility installer. It is a little program that contains an exe file and some email systems want to kick it back.

So I have uploaded the zipped file to my dropbox online storage...so anyone can snag it if they want to.
This only works with the Respironics Encore Smart Cards...it is not for use with the new PR S1 SD cards.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97869955/CardU ... taller.zip

MyCardUtility program installer.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.