I have really messed up, please help me!!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sister

I have really messed up, please help me!!!!!

Post by sister » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi, I have not been online for a long time because I have been really,really sick. I think i have messed up good and need help please!
I downloaded my sd card a few minutes ago and when I put it back in my S9 autoset it wouldn't take it!
The screen says invalid SD card. My machine is still under rental so I am upset that I have messed it up.
Please tell me what to do.
Thanks so much and GOD BLESS YOU!!!

RandyJ

Re: I have really messed up, please help me!!!!!

Post by RandyJ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Make sure you didn't move the tab on the side of the sd card that locks it. Otherwise I'd try several times to reinsert it. Maybe it will accept it on a successive try.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

ems

Post by ems » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 pm

sister wrote:I downloaded my sd card a few minutes ago and when I put it back in my S9 autoset it wouldn't take it!
The screen says invalid SD card. My machine is still under rental so I am upset that I have messed it up.
The EXACT same thing happened to me about a week ago. I thought it was the machine... it wasn't. Something happened with Sleepyhead. I got a new SD card and reinstalled Sleepyhead per Pugsy's suggestion. Now it's fine.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

lorraineg57

Post by lorraineg57 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 pm

sister wrote:Hi, I have not been online for a long time because I have been really,really sick. I think i have messed up good and need help please!
I downloaded my sd card a few minutes ago and when I put it back in my S9 autoset it wouldn't take it!
Please tell me what to do.
Thanks so much and GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Hope someone offers a solution. I'd like to be prepared if it happens to me.

sister

Post by sister » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks so much but I have checked the card and it is fine,I have inserted it many times,I am using Rescan
software,not sleepyhead.

sol

Post by sol » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:20 pm

unplug the machine .. take card out ... wait ... plug the machine .... put card back and if machine reading the card ... its OK

squid13

Post by squid13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

On the SD I usually to move it to locked on the slide tab then move it back to unlock. Also I agree with what sol said.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

The ResMed S9 machines are super nit picky about the files on the SD card. One little boo boo or change from what it expects to see and the machine will spit it out..."invalid card".

Do you happen to have a new blank SD card laying around? If so you might try that.
The machine will write the data that it has stored on its internal memory to a blank card. This includes any data that might be needed to meet compliance but I think you are very likely way past needing that.

Otherwise you probably have no choice but to erase/reformat the "invalid card" if the suggestions above don't work out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sister

Post by sister » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm

sol wrote:unplug the machine .. take card out ... wait ... plug the machine .... put card back and if machine reading the card ... its OK

Thanks "sol" I did that,didn't work,any more suggestions?

sister

Post by sister » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

squid13 wrote:On the SD I usually to move it to locked on the slide tab then move it back to unlock. Also I agree with what sol said.

Thanks so much 'squid 13". no luck

sister

Post by sister » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Pugsy wrote:The ResMed S9 machines are super nit picky about the files on the SD card. One little boo boo or change from what it expects to see and the machine will spit it out..."invalid card".

Do you happen to have a new blank SD card laying around? If so you might try that.
The machine will write the data that it has stored on its internal memory to a blank card. This includes any data that might be needed to meet compliance but I think you are very likely way past needing that.

Otherwise you probably have no choice but to erase/reformat the "invalid card" if the suggestions above don't work out.

Hi Pugsy,
Thanks so much for the reply,no, I don't have an SD card,I wish I did. I don't know anything to do but call my DME in the morning.Am i in big trouble?
GOD BLESS YOU!

sol

Post by sol » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

sister wrote:
sol wrote:unplug the machine .. take card out ... wait ... plug the machine .... put card back and if machine reading the card ... its OK

Thanks "sol" I did that,didn't work,any more suggestions?
if the S9 asking to remove the card or erase data
I would let the S9 erase the data on the card otherwise would not start
once the S9 read the card .. it would write compliance data on the card (365 days). noting is lost as you have download the detailed data on your computer

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm

No, you aren't in any trouble at all. This problem happens fairly frequently. It could just be a bad place on the SD card and the machine is going to squawk. I don't know if I would mention ResScan though because the DME might get uppity about your having access to the software. Unless they already know about it.

It's really no big deal. Nothing important is lost. You have the data in the software and the machine saves everything except the detailed hi def stuff which you already have.
I don't know what you will tell them about how come you happened to have the SD card out and then put it back in though.....

ResScan use was not the cause of the problem..you can rest assured on that regard.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm

You don't have to tell them anything. Just buy a new card tomorrow at Staples or Target (or similar store) and pop it in.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

sister

Post by sister » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 pm

RandyJ wrote:You don't have to tell them anything. Just buy a new card tomorrow at Staples or Target (or similar store) and pop it in.
Thanks "RandyJ" but I am confused,I always take my card to my DME to get it read and I take a printout to my Dr. when I go. This card has rescan on it so he would know.