progress is being made!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pandatx

progress is being made!

Post by pandatx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 am

Since I know everyone is just waiting to hear how I do each night, lol....here's my update:

Last night I started right off with the ipod and relaxing music. I fell asleep really easily and it helped tremendously with the anxiety and breathing. I slept off and on until around 3 (as usual). During that time I'd wake up because I was mouth breathing, or I rolled over and the mask moved, etc. I forced myself to keep the mask on and feel back to sleep until 4:00. So I had the mask on for a total of about 6 and 1/2 hours. My AHI for the night......wait for it.....1.65! My central apneas went waaaay down. From around 20 events to 4. But my OA went up. Maybe I was sleeping longer periods which gave the OA a chance to show up. I'd love to feel more comfortable with this mask. I hate that it wakes me every time I move but I'm going to keep trying to adjust to it, especially since I saw improvement last night.

Still having trouble with Sleepyhead. It is not showing the correct amount of time that I was asleep (but ResScan does) or the actual time that I even went to sleep. Would love to get that figured out. For example:

Sleepyhead says: Date Sleep Wake Hours
4/2/2013 16:23 02:21 04:50:24 This is not accurate

ResScan says: Total hours 6:38 with sleep at 20:30 and wake at 4:00 This is accurate.

Amy
Last edited by pandatx on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SleepWellCPAP

Re: progress is being made!

Post by SleepWellCPAP » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:57 am

Hello Pandatx,

Great job and way to go! You're coming along fine!

The fact that you are still waking up due to the mask is a little troubling, but not unheard of with nasal pillows. I usually see a little longer acclimation period for that style.

Now that you are becoming an expert, I have a new set up coming in at ten this morning. If they have questions, should I refer them to you?

Have a great day!

Jim
Jim Swearingen
Author of the book Sleep Well & Feel Great with CPAP, a definitive guide
For a free copy inquire with your local county librarian
CPAPtalk featured - Also available through Barnes & Noble Booksellers

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:01 am

You're so funny! I can't wait until I am an expert and understand all of this. I'm still wondering if it would just be easier if I went to the nasal mask instead of pillows. But, all kidding aside, if I can support or encourage anyone I am happy to do that. This journey would be so much harder if I hadn't had the help I found here.
xo

Amy

YogaKitty

Post by YogaKitty » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:04 am

Yay! And I DID check the board to see if you had a better night!
I also have used a night guard for twelve years.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 am

I am so happy for you Pandatx. Much continued success.

49er

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 am

Way to go Panda - patience and persistence will always do the trick... right. Soon you will be helping out the newbies too
Cheers and continued success.
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

NotLazyJustTired

Post by NotLazyJustTired » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:20 am

That is awesome! I am very glad to hear you are making such excellent progress. It has taken some time for me to acclimate to the pillows as I roll over quite a bit. I think I am subconsciously learning how to adjust my head in the pillow to put the right amount of pressure on the straps and pillows to minimize leaks. Hard to explain really; I just seem to be doing it instinctively. I think it is something that comes with time and experience.

Still scratching my head over the sleepy head time thing; that doesn't make any sense. Hopefully a veteran will come along and figure that one out. At least you have Rescan to view the data.

"So oftentimes it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key."
...from The Eagles, "Already Gone"

Sleep Well, Frank

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:21 am

aw...you guys! xoxoxo

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 am

pandatx wrote:Since I know everyone is just waiting to hear how I do each night, lol<snip>
I think you'd be surprised, Amy, at how many people are actually reading along and rooting for you.

I tend to agree that you're seeing more OAs now because you're actually asleep to have them, whereas your CAs may have been awake breathing.

Progress...baby steps...

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:48 am

Confirm that the clock in SleepyHead is correct...I think you probably have already done that.

Then go to the user profile in SleepyHead and choose "Edit Profile" ...make sure you have the time zone where you live correctly set.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

khauser

Post by khauser » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 am

Drowsy Dancer wrote:
pandatx wrote:Since I know everyone is just waiting to hear how I do each night, lol<snip>
I think you'd be surprised, Amy, at how many people are actually reading along and rooting for you.

I tend to agree that you're seeing more OAs now because you're actually asleep to have them, whereas your CAs may have been awake breathing.

Progress...baby steps...
+1

I think as a community we really do tend to get invested in each other's success!

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:55 am

I can feel it and it is so much appreciated.

I figured out how to "fix" my Sleepyhead problem. I researched a bit online and found one place where it was suggested to remove it and install and earlier version and that worked!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 am

pandatx wrote:I figured out how to "fix" my Sleepyhead problem. I researched a bit online and found one place where it was suggested to remove it and install and earlier version and that worked!
Earlier version had/has a lot of bugs in it.
Latest version is 9.2-1. (unless you had a PR S1 60 series machine and then you need the patch and then the version is 9.3)
Maybe you didn't get the update for it and that is why time was off.

What operating system does your computer have? Vista or later prevents the update from installing without doing a special step.
Here's what I would do if that is what you had happen with the latest version...which by the way you want because it has features the older version doesn't have.

download the latest version setup files.
unzip them
go to the setup unzipped folder and instead of double clicking on it to install...right click mouse on it and from the pop up menu choose "run as administrator"....let it install. This gets you version 9.1.
Open SleepyHead and it should search for the first (and so far only update) and should install automatically.
After the update you should have version 9.2-1

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 am

khauser wrote:
Drowsy Dancer wrote:

Progress...baby steps...
+1

I think as a community we really do tend to get invested in each other's success!
Group support group

PreemieNrsTiffy

Post by PreemieNrsTiffy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am

I came back looking specifically for updates today. I notice you get up much earlier than me (I guess like 4 in the morning?). I struggled a little with my nasal pillows last night. I attribute it to the fact that yesterday was wash the tubing and parts day and as those of you in North Texas know, our weather has been cool and humid. So my tubing (which never completely dried yesterday) spit water at me all night. Not enough to wake me up, but enough to annoy me and keep me awake a bit while I grabbed a kleenex and dried them out.