Pretty in Pink - My new machine almost a reality.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gasp

Pretty in Pink - My new machine almost a reality.

Post by gasp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

It took awhile for me to be able to get my new machine due to insurance but I can now get it! If it wasn't for CPAPTalk in 2007 I would have gotten a machine that I learned would not have been as good for me as the Respironics AFLEX I've enjoyed for 7 years. So, once again I'm turning to my CPAPTalk community for advice to get a good machine.

Here is what I plan on getting:

S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
Hose: (How do you like the ClimateLine hose?)
ClimateLine™ Tubing for S9™ and H5i™ Climate Control System - or - SlimLine Tubing + Included Tubing
Chamber: (How do you like the dishwasher safe one?)
Standard Water Chamber for S9 H5i Humidifier - or - Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for S9 H5i Humidifier
Filters: (My current machine uses two filters - does the S9 or just choose between standard and hypo?)
Disposable Standard Filters - or - Disposable Hypoallergenic Filters

So excited and thank you in advance for your help!
-Gasp

cosmo

Re: Pretty in Pink - My new machine almost a reality.

Post by cosmo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for S9 H5i Humidifier last a lot longer than regular one for a little more cost.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Love the Climateline hose...get it. There's no down side to it and it has made this past winter so much easier for me.

Filters...S9 only has the one filter and it is disposable and for this reason and my zoo here, I use the hypoallerginic filters...
I think they used to come with a washable filter of some sort that was more porous but I can't that one now. Only thing I have been able to find are the disposable filters...standard or hypoallerginic.

I don't know about the dishwasher tank...but get the one that opens easily with the tabs on the sides...the original tank was a major PITA to try to clean and while it could be taken apart...it wasn't really easy and I was afraid I was going to break it every time I did it.
I don't have a dishwasher...so no need for that special of a tank. But the easier to open tabbed tanks...for sure worth it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:49 pm

I agree with Cosmo; you'll like the good chamber.
Mine gets hand washed, too
Agreed about the heated hose--you will love it.
Just guessing: you are asking for the PINK one?
If not, maybe an awesome wrap?

gasp

Post by gasp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Thank you so much for your fast comments.

Chunkyfrog, I am talking about the pink one so won't need a pretty skin - although who knows for the future : )

Pugsy, I will get the ClimateLine hose. Thanks for the feedback.

Pugsy and Cosmo, I'll get the dishwasher safe version as I believe even with the design changes to the standard tank the dishwasher one is the one that will open easiest and last longest.

This on CPAP.com site regarding the standard tank changes (see bolded text) which may or may not have fixed Pugsy's concerns: This is the replacement H5i Disposable Water Chamber, which must be washed by hand. The standard H5i Chamber is not dishwasher safe. In late 2012 and early 2013 the design of the chamber was change allowing it to be opened for cleaning. The gasket was changed and is now yellow rather than blue.

Yeah! Off I go to get it.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Just guessing: you are asking for the PINK one? If not, maybe an awesome wrap?
The Resmed Skins have really come a long way... they offer multitudes of varieties and they started custom making them. You can send them personal photos and they will make a skin for you. I got the Houston Texan skin for mine.... er.... the best team in the NFL.... My wife rolled her eyes when I installed it...

Sheriff

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 am

I have Van Gogh's Starry Night on my machine - LOVE IT!

I don't put any of my CPAP stuff in the dishwasher to get food flung all over it and coming from several generations of a water-shorted family, I refuse to run the dishwasher anything less than full.

Cheers,
xena

Tino2You

Post by Tino2You » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Gasp,

I got a new tank from my DME in November. It is the yellowed gasket tank that opens. So much nicer than the old design.

-tino

Additional Comments: Autoset Pressure 9-15.6, EPR 1, no ramp
Tino