think the Elan is my mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pandatx

think the Elan is my mask

Post by pandatx » Sat May 18, 2013 6:23 am

So, I still can't seem to leave the mask on past about 1:30, but that's better than the 12:00 that I was at before the Elan. Also, my AHI has gone down (last night was 0.4) plus my flow limitation got better. I so have periods of higher leaks but I think if I could get that under control I could really do okay with this mask. Now to get my engineer husband to take a look at it and engineer me something

49er

Re: think the Elan is my mask

Post by 49er » Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 am

pandatx wrote:So, I still can't seem to leave the mask on past about 1:30, but that's better than the 12:00 that I was at before the Elan. Also, my AHI has gone down (last night was 0.4) plus my flow limitation got better. I so have periods of higher leaks but I think if I could get that under control I could really do okay with this mask. Now to get my engineer husband to take a look at it and engineer me something
Hi pandatx,

I hope your success continues and that this results in better sleep. Goodness, it is about time you got some breaks.

49er

SleepingBetty

Post by SleepingBetty » Sat May 18, 2013 9:00 am

Woohoo! That sounds great, Amy. As you get used to the mask, you may be able to keep it on even longer. I sure hope it works for you. (((hugs)))

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 am

**sigh of relief**

Yay.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Sat May 18, 2013 9:59 am

This is encouraging. Is progress being made on the Graves front as well?

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

John from Brookston

Post by John from Brookston » Sat May 18, 2013 11:04 am

Good news! Keep it up...

Big fat guy who's diabetic, on HRT, and now a heart attack survivor as well as having OSA (boy, I sure won the genetic rodeo, din't I?). Ham Radio operator and I have a black tomcat named "Bart" who looks like an old prize fighter.

DJD52

Post by DJD52 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:37 am

pandatx wrote:So, I still can't seem to leave the mask on past about 1:30, but that's better than the 12:00 that I was at before the Elan. Also, my AHI has gone down (last night was 0.4) plus my flow limitation got better. I so have periods of higher leaks but I think if I could get that under control I could really do okay with this mask. Now to get my engineer husband to take a look at it and engineer me something
Happy you are having success with the Elan!
I loved that mask. I had no problem with sealing the from day one until I washed it. (There are some differing statements about what to use to wash it)
Also, If I could try it again, I would try to wash that cushion w/o taking the headgear off, or at least putting a piece of tape or something on that exact "right" top adjustment spot. I couldn't find that "right" adjustment after I put it back together.
I used that little black strip that came with the Elan to route the hose to the top of the headgear (really helped with the seal under the eyes) and then through a hose holder at the head of my bed.
The Elan was by far the most comfortable mask I've tried and I was so upset when I sent it back that I didn't want to put on another mask.
I hope the Elan works out for you!!

DJ

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat May 18, 2013 2:37 pm

DJD52 wrote:
Happy you are having success with the Elan!
I loved that mask. I had no problem with sealing the from day one until I washed it. (There are some differing statements about what to use to wash it)
Also, If I could try it again, I would try to wash that cushion w/o taking the headgear off, or at least putting a piece of tape or something on that exact "right" top adjustment spot. I couldn't find that "right" adjustment after I put it back together.
I used that little black strip that came with the Elan to route the hose to the top of the headgear (really helped with the seal under the eyes) and then through a hose holder at the head of my bed.
The Elan was by far the most comfortable mask I've tried and I was so upset when I sent it back that I didn't want to put on another mask.
I hope the Elan works out for you!!
Thanks for the advise to Pandatx. She's really been "thru the ringer". I was hoping that someone that knew anything about this mask would help. We are rooting for you Pandatx!!

Sheriff

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat May 18, 2013 6:49 pm

I am glad it worked out for you. Wishing you the best.

Dreamingofsleep

Post by Dreamingofsleep » Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 pm

I agree with everyone here, Amy!
Yeah!!! So glad Your persistence paid off. Please keep us updated on your experience with the Elan

Dreaming

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Sun May 19, 2013 6:21 am

Well, boo. Last night I couldn't get it adjusted right. It just kept blowing air at me. I was so frustrated and I didn't even go to sleep with it. Woke up thinking "guess I have to send this one back " I'll try to adjust it again today and mark it where the straps should be. That's a great tip b/c every night trying to get it "just right" is ridiculous. I cannot figure out that tether strap for the life of me. DJD52 can you describe how I would do that? Or possibly show a pic?

Thank you everyone for being so happy for me yesterday. I really feel everyone pulling for me and love you for it.

I'll try today to get it all set up so I can just put it on tonight more easily.

xoxoxo
"

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun May 19, 2013 6:28 am

pandatx wrote:Well, boo. Last night I couldn't get it adjusted right. It just kept blowing air at me. I was so frustrated and I didn't even go to sleep with it. Woke up thinking "guess I have to send this one back " I'll try to adjust it again today and mark it where the straps should be. That's a great tip b/c every night trying to get it "just right" is ridiculous. I cannot figure out that tether strap for the life of me. DJD52 can you describe how I would do that? Or possibly show a pic?

Thank you everyone for being so happy for me yesterday. I really feel everyone pulling for me and love you for it.

I'll try today to get it all set up so I can just put it on tonight more easily.

xoxoxo
"
Maybe someone will give you a better explanation on how to pull the top toward the end of your nose. That really helps. I wish I could remember who wrote that tip.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81210&p=761236#p761236 It was jen4700 that posted the tip.

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Sun May 19, 2013 7:42 am

Well, you are just my favorite person of the day! Thank you so much for the link. This is going to help a lot. I need to get my husband to look at that tether strap and help me figure it out. He's more "mathy" than me and anything mechanical-ish just ....my brain doesn't go that way, lol. Now...creativity, writing, emotional stuff...I'm great!