some good news

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pandatx

some good news

Post by pandatx » Thu May 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Sorry I've been so out of the loop lately. I went to Arizona for my nephew's graduation (and family time). Just got back this week. Today I went to find out the results of my first blood work after starting the meds for Graves. Things are improving! I'm so happy. I'm tolerating the medication well. And 2 of the 3 things they test are back in the normal range. The one other thing (seems to be the "big one") is still way too low but it has come up some. Really good news. I feel like I'm feeling better too. They increased my medication, which I'm not happy about, b/c of that number and me still being pretty symptomatic. I bargained the PA down to 1/2 of what they wanted me to increase but then the doctor came in and shot me down. So, increase the meds and still no exercise, but things are looking up. Gonna keep doing the stuff I've been doing to take care of me lately (minimal stress, lots of rest and clean eating, etc).

The bad news is that I'm pretty much starting over with the CPAP. I didn't bring it with me to Arizona since I was barely able to stand keeping it on more than a couple hours. Now I just feel myself procrastinating. Like, I'm already sleeping better with the Graves treatment. Although, my husband told me that just last night I was snoring real bad and did the gaspy thing.

Anyway...focusing on the good. This bloodwork is great news and just had to share it with you guys.

xoxo

jencat824

Re: some good news

Post by jencat824 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Glad you are doing better with the Graves meds. Sounds like you are feeling better too.

Soooooo its time to tackle the CPAP again, if hubby is hearing snoring & gaspy thing, that's not good.

Why not try a few hours a nite. Wear the mask & fall asleep, then if you wake up, & can't stand it, look at the time, keep a pad by the bed to write the time on, then sleep without it. Try to increase the time each nite until boom! you will be sleeping all nite with the CPAP machine. I know you have struggled with it, many of us did in the beginning, but after you establish a routine, it will get easier.

Let us know how it goes.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Thu May 30, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm sorry to read that you have problems keeping your mask on.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I suppose. I tried several different masks including those you shove in your nose and finally found the Quattro FX and I love that thing.

I wear it all night with no problem at all. If someone tried to take my mask away I would likely get indicted for murder

Wearing a mask never really bothered me ... it was getting one to work right and, of course, not make my nose sore.

But late in the evening I find myself looking forward to bed and my mask.

Your mask is your best friend ... love it.

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Thu May 30, 2013 2:37 pm

xoxox

good suggestions and I really appreciate the encouragement, as always. I will give it a try tonight. That is my committment today. Put the mask back on tonight.

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Thu May 30, 2013 4:32 pm

You'll learn to love your mask.

I won't even consider taking a nap without my cpap or my apap and my Quattro FX.