Vent: Ugh..bad taste in my mouth from another board..

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DEXSUZ

Re: Vent: Ugh..bad taste in my mouth from another board..

Post by DEXSUZ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Good Folks:

This is a terrific place for people - especially rookies - to get sound advice about their CPAP problems or concerns. Personally, I'm very grateful for how folks gave me a hand back in late winter when I was first joining the ranks of the HoseHeads. In addition, I was pleased the first (and only) time some poster acted rudely toward me. The moderator put the kibosh on that right away and it's never again occurred. There are three kinds of forum moderators:

1) A low-key one like ours who keeps a watchful eye out but generally allows for some slack on the exchanges of information.

2) An apparently draconian type as some have described where one's every word is weighed and scrutinized and people get tossed out for little more than a protracted disagreement.

3) The worst is totally laissez faire and allows wholesale beating up of other people, bullying, rudeness, and personal attacks that become god-awful hateful.

I've run into one of those other two types of moderators and the result isn't pretty. Be grateful for our guy on here. I like CPAPTalk.com the way it is and hope we can stay above petty BS that can devolve into hate.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Not Fade wrote:
I must be naive but I never heard of such a thing on a public forum.
It is not a public forum. It is privately owned and operated. The owners and the moderators can say whatever they want to as long as they don't break any laws. They solely have choice over who is allowed to post.

cpaptalk dot com is privately owned and operated. They can say whatever they want. I think it is neat that they have taken the approach of "barely moderated". It speaks well of their view of mankind.

And, IMO, it works very well!

(If we could just get Avi to shut up. )
Yes, you're right, because we have so much freedom here I forgot how we got here. Thank you cpaptalk!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:03 pm

AVI can be entertaining sometimes. He is just trying to have a little fun AVI style. He is just wired a little differently.

SkippyTheLark

Post by SkippyTheLark » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 pm

For what it worth, I trouble logging on to my forum account over at other place this morning. It gave me error message saying I had no permissions to view forum. Tried again now and I got in fine. So maybe a forum bug maybe?

oak

Post by oak » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Skippy--maybe it was a bug for some folks, but we who question the forum "Gods" are banned. Fine with me. I didnt get that much out of that forum anyway, and when I did try to give someone a link to the blog about what to do when dealing with your DME, it was deleted by moderators. I let that go, but when moderators act like they did yesterday--well I am as done with them as they are with me.

snuginarug

Post by snuginarug » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:29 pm

FWIW I have not been banned. So maybe the person going ban crazy has quit or been told to stop.

Or maybe they just like me for my light-hearted charming nature.

Space Oddity

Post by Space Oddity » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:44 pm

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:14 pm

This is what I get when I go to the other forum now Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.phpindex.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

sleepnasta

Post by sleepnasta » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:28 pm

I think you have to take the good with the bad in any situations. When I first joined this board I had someoneone give me some unsolicited advice (totally unrelated to sleep apnea) and when I called them out on it I was met very aggressively by a couple of people. I let if roll off and thank God because I have gotten amazing and very helpful advice after that.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:31 pm

I just tried to access the forum and lookie what I got when I tried to enter the forum from this page
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual

Someone hijacked their board and played a little trick on them. They pissed off someone with some skills.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Pugsy wrote:I just tried to access the forum and lookie what I got when I tried to enter the forum from this page

Someone hijacked their board and played a little trick on them. They pissed off someone with some skills.

One hour later, it's still the same story!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 pm

I got this screen message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apnea Board Sucks! From the great l337 haxor, The One The Only 3lEEt-TRON I rock, yes I do.

take you down yes i did you cant hold a candle to cpaptalk with your asshole moderators. ban me and you suffer, I promised. nothing but an asshole, yes you are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool!

Den

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:36 pm

I did find out that if you click on the "Apnea Board Forum" option in the black bar (above that), it will take you into the forums.

Den

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 pm

DoriC wrote:
oak wrote: Its official. I've been banned for the first time in my life. Just wish it was for something more egregious, darn!...........
Well, well, aren't you just special!
Tonight, the part of Dori C is being played by Dana Carvey.
jeff

Taringa542

Post by Taringa542 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:52 am

Pugsy wrote:I just tried to access the forum and lookie what I got when I tried to enter the forum from this page

I just found this little Gem from Paula02 ( 'You will quickly notice that we aren't like other boards. We fully believe that masks are such a personal thing, that you can only use what works for YOU, not what works for me.') Also note the thread is closed

I guess I will be banned now! lol