how do i delete my account

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fordjx4000

how do i delete my account

Post by fordjx4000 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:59 am

on here
kind regards chantilly

Bobshouse

Re: how do i delete my account

Post by Bobshouse » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 am

Don't think you can. The usual way for me is to log out and forget my password.

Why do you want to delete your account, feeling bummed? Stick with it, lots of good topics and free advice here from people of all walks of life with the same problem.

Cheer up, and stick with it!

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:12 am

Hey, don't let one jerk spoil what was beginning to be a nice relationship! They are everywhere anyhow and you don't want to cut off your nose and all that because of them. I hope that's not why you want to leave... ?

fordjx4000

Post by fordjx4000 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:28 am

im having a real hard time with my life right now im trying to forget my past
kind regards chantilly

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:42 am

fordjx4000 wrote:im having a real hard time with my life right now im trying to forget my past
I am so sorry to hear that fordjx4000 and hope that you are receiving the necessary support that you need. Why don't you take a break from the board and come back when you're ready? No need to leave permanently.

49er

Bobshouse

Post by Bobshouse » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:52 am

It's called "depression" and it is a bonus "prize" for those people who suffer from sleep depravation. Go to your doctor and tell him/her how your feeling. They can make you feel better...talking from experience here, and probably most people on this board are in the same boat.

You probably wont get to many responses to your topic and thread, as depression is a thing most people keep to themselves. Keep yourself positive and definitely seek help/treatment. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain from lack of sleep and it won't go away by itself.

Hope you start feeling better!

DenG

Post by DenG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

On the topic of depression, I was diagnosed with dysthymia more than 20 years ago.
Dysthymia is a milder, but more persistent form of depression.
People with major depressive disorder have episodes of severe depression, but can go for extended periods without problems.
Dysthymics are consistently depressed although more mildly so than people with MDD.

I've suspected I had sleep apnea for a few years, but only got around to addressing it this spring.
After being profoundly depressed for several months because of the increase in severity of my sleep apnea and after reading about the profound and broad physical and neurological consequences of sleep deprivation and apnea, I have high hopes that now that my apnea is being treated, my persistent depression may abate.

Too soon to tell as I've been on CPAP for less than a month, but my hopes are still high.

Having a sleep disorder makes one miserable, no doubt about that.
If you are feeling depressed, you may need some meds to get you through it, in addition to continuing your PAP therapy.
Please speak to your doctor, a psychologist, psychiatrist, psychotherapist and/or psychopharmacologist to address your depression.

Always take good care of yourself, even when it feels impossible to do.
I hope you feel better soon.

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:17 am

DenG and Bobshouse,
I appreciate your posts but having a hard time with your life and wanting to forget your past could mean many things besides depression. Just a friendly FYI that caution is warranted when responding to posts like this.

49er

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:44 am

Use you cpap machine every time you sleep and you will eventually turn into a new person whose past doesn't mater.

Deleting your account won't do a damned thing for you.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

ems

Post by ems » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 am

I hope you stick around too!

Seeing a doctor isn't a bad idea tho.. whether it's depression or not.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Stick with it, you have been sent a coup[le of new masks to try by a few members here. Why don't you just wait and see what happens, perhaps they will change things for you. Don't give up now when you have asked for help and it has been given.... persevere, stick with it.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Tech Guy

Post by Tech Guy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Fordjx4000, we all have challenges. If we didn't, nothing would be learned. We all want it easy but there is a master plan behind "what we think we want." I'm a middle aged guy and probably had sleep apnea over 15 years. Had SO MANY challenges, if you knew 1% would probably run away smiling and happily keep your own! Dwelling on the past is a waste of energy and so is worrying about the future. Stay in the present the best you can. There are no shortcuts. Some recipes for helping depression include, sunshine, exercise, keeping busy and being patient with yourself . Hang in there, things are what you make of it. Stay positive!
PR System One & Humidifier

fordjx4000

Post by fordjx4000 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 pm

thank u everyone for the support it is depression that im suffering from and im getting help for it im hoping to get on meds very soon for it im gonna stick around here even though i might be gone for a bit i have a appointment on the 19th with mental health clinic
please pray for me
kind regards chantilly

ems

Post by ems » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Glad to know that you are taking care of yourself, Ford. Tech Guys post to you was right on. You could learn a lot from him. Glad you decided to stay around!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:47 pm

fordjx4000 wrote:please pray for me
Consider it done. And I'll get that mask out to you as soon as I can get my boys organized next week.