Stinging Eyes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cdnduck

Stinging Eyes

Post by cdnduck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:52 am

I now have had my CPAP machine for 1.5 years and finally everything is going good......except I wake up in the morning and my eyes sting. If I touch them (try not too but...) and rub them, I get immediate intense stinging. After waiting for what seems like forever, but about 20-30 seconds, the stinging will go away.

I can only assume that air is leaking into the eyes during the night. Any ideas???

Paula J

Re: Stinging Eyes

Post by Paula J » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 am

I have the same problem. Yes, it is from air leaking into the eyes. I have tried everything and nothing stops it. I wore contacts that I could sleep in for years. I finally had to give them up because they would dry out in my eyes and be ruined, so I am back to glasses. I really hated having to give up my contacts.

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 am

cdnduck wrote:I now have had my CPAP machine for 1.5 years and finally everything is going good......except I wake up in the morning and my eyes sting. If I touch them (try not too but...) and rub them, I get immediate intense stinging. After waiting for what seems like forever, but about 20-30 seconds, the stinging will go away.

I can only assume that air is leaking into the eyes during the night. Any ideas???
Hi, cdnduck & Paula J!

My name is Becky, I work for the company that makes the RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners. I am really, really sorry that you both are struggling so much with your eyes stinging. This is a complaint that we hear a lot and it can have very serious side effects if not taken care of. What happens is that sometimes a person's bridge of the nose is narrower than the mask is designed for and the pressurized air is looking for any way to escape the mask rather than going into your mouth and/or nose. It finds that area of the mask as a weakness and seeks escape there.

But I think that I can help you, if either of you are interested. Our RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners were designed to be a gasket to fill in any gaps that are in-between the PAP Mask and the user's face. The air leaking into the eyes can be greatly decreased and even eliminated with our liners there to fill in the gaps. If either of you are interested, I would love to send you a 6 Day Sample Pack of our liners for you to try free of charge and with no obligation at all.

I don't want to be all stalky, it's just that I just happened to see your topic in the list and thought that I might be able to help you. So, I'll leave you alone now, but PM me if you are interested.
Take care and I sincerely hope that you both are able to get your problem solved, whether it's with our product or not.

~Becky at RemZzzs
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA

SabrinaFaire

Post by SabrinaFaire » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:03 pm

I don't have stinging, but I do get dry eyes. I have a mask liner from Padacheek, and while that helps A LOT it doesn't completely eliminate it. I'm thinking of changing mask types, right now I have a FFM, thinking of going to a hybrid.

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 pm

SabrinaFaire wrote:I don't have stinging, but I do get dry eyes. I have a mask liner from Padacheek, and while that helps A LOT it doesn't completely eliminate it. I'm thinking of changing mask types, right now I have a FFM, thinking of going to a hybrid.
Hi, SabrinaFaire.

Again, I'm Becky the company that makes RemZzzs. I'm sorry that you are dealing with the stinging eyes, too! It could be that you need just a little bit more material to fill in the gap there on your nose. If you are interested, I could actually send a couple of our "forehead liners" for you to lay across the bridge of your nose to try to get a little bit more bulk there.

PM me if you are interested, I'd like to help if I can. Otherwise, I wish you all the luck in getting this issue resolved speedily.

~Becky at RemZzzs
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA

TiredMomNY

Post by TiredMomNY » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:05 pm

I had to go to the Opthamologist because my eye was in so much pain. He tested it for dryness and said it looked like it was sandblasted. All due to my leaky CPAP. My mask was getting old.

He told me to use an eye lubricant at night until it felt better. I did and it cleared up in 2 days. The lubricant was kind of gross to use (it's like Vaseline) but it did the trick. And it's only super gooey at night. When you wake up, it's hardly there.