i LOOK LIKE ROCKY MARCIANO!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dinycat

i LOOK LIKE ROCKY MARCIANO!

Post by dinycat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 am

This is the fourth morning I've awakened and looked like a freak. I've read Jan's advice on dealing with the Quattro mask, but it's been to no avail. Each morning I've gotten up with swelling, puffy eyes, white pads under them, and red everywhere else. (Not to mention what the straps do to my hair!)

And none of this goes away until mid afternoon.

I can't go out in public like this; I frighten children.

Isn't there a more comfortable mask out there for mouth breathers?

dinycat

Julie

Re: i LOOK LIKE ROCKY MARCIANO!

Post by Julie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:12 am

Look on Cpap.com under Masks and then Full Face ones... there are very many, all with great descriptions, pix, reviews, etc. We can't do the search for you but can help if you ask about specifics.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:14 am

dinycat wrote:This is the fourth morning I've awakened and looked like a freak. I've read Jan's advice on dealing with the Quattro mask, but it's been to no avail. Each morning I've gotten up with swelling, puffy eyes, white pads under them, and red everywhere else. (Not to mention what the straps do to my hair!)

dinycat
Yes there are lots of masks out there, take a look at the cpap.com web site and read the recommendations that are there. Every mask is not great for every face, we all have different shapes and sizes of head...... read, read and read some more. We all have our favorites, some will work and some won't, you have to experiment with different masks. Go back to your supplier and try a different one, there is a program run by the manufacturers that allow you to trade masks for the first 30 days of treatment. When you try a new mask, lie down with a machine on and move around from side to side to make sure fit FITS.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 am

Until you can get another mask to try....
fix yourself a homemade mask liner to keep the mask material from directly touching your skin just in case you are having some sort of contact reaction.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:24 pm

dinycat wrote:This is the fourth morning I've awakened and looked like a freak. I've read Jan's advice on dealing with the Quattro mask, but it's been to no avail. Each morning I've gotten up with swelling, puffy eyes, white pads under them, and red everywhere else. (Not to mention what the straps do to my hair!)

dinycat
Hi, dinycat!

My name is Becky. I work for the company that makes the RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners. I am really sorry that you are struggling so. I know that when I have a blemish on my face that I feel like everyone is looking at it the entire time that I am talking to them and your problem is infinitely worse than a pimple and I am SO sorry.

I think however, that I might be able to help! It sounds like you have to have your mask REALLY tight, I'm presuming that it would be to try to stop leaks. Our RemZzzs liners act as a gasket to help to stop the leaks around your mask, so you that you can loosen drastically loosen your mask.

I'd love to send you a free 6 night sample of our RemZzzs liners to try at no cost or obligation to you. I don't want to seem pushy at all, but I think that I can help. If you are interested, feel free to PM me. If not, that is absolutely fine and I will not bother you again.

I really do sincerely hope that you are able to find an answer to your problems so that you will no longer be so completely and utterly miserable. Take care.

~Becky at RemZzzs
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA