WTS: CPAPMax pillow, Nuance, & Airfit P10 masks (GONE)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
teleute

WTS: CPAPMax pillow, Nuance, & Airfit P10 masks (GONE)

Post by teleute » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

My husband tried the CPAP Max pillow (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/cpapma ... oduct.html) and while it's a very cleverly constructed pillow (the different sides, the extra insert to adjust height, etc...) the shape just doesn't suit the angle he sleeps at. Plus he's not really having problems with his mask and his current pillow, so we have no need for this anymore. He only used it 4 nights, with an extra pillowcase outside of the pillowcase it comes with, so it's in exceptionally good condition still.

Same for the PR Nuance mask - he gave it a shot, but decided he didn't like the nasal pillows and is sticking with his Wisp. The large cushion is very lightly used (I'm sure I could sort a way to sanitize if you really wanted it though), but the medium and small are completely unused.

Items are in Calgary, and will ship anywhere in Canada. Prices negotiable - send me a PM if interested. I'll be posting these on Kijiji as well, but figured it didn't hurt to put it up here as well.

ETA: He's finally found the masks that work for him (Wisp and Pilairo), so he's also selling the ResMed AirFit P10. Same deal as the Nuance - very lightly used, and the smaller two cushion sizes are completely untouched.

I'm at the point where I'll even give these away if anyone can use them (though I wouldn't mind shipping being covered at least, but that's negotiable). I just *really* don't want to throw them away, and I haven't even been able to find a charity that will take them.

Additional Comments: Pressure 10.5-14
Last edited by teleute on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KenH

Re: WTS: CPAPMax pillow and Nuance mask (in Canada)

Post by KenH » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

I did not like my pillow either. At first. I put it in the closet for several months and bought a couple different regular pillows. Got it back out last week and now it feels good. I tried to sell mine but I had too much in it to give it away for the offers I got.

teleute

Re: WTS: CPAPMax pillow and Nuance mask (in Canada)

Post by teleute » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:45 pm

I *really* don't want to throw this stuff away, or store it in case some day years down the road he changes his mind. No one in Canada interested in either item, or in Remzzzs liners for nasal mask (from another post)? I frankly don't even care about getting money for them at this point. Just want them out of the house and out of the landfill, both. Anyone?

teleute

Re: WTS: CPAPMax pillow, Nuance, & Airfit P10 masks (in Canada)

Post by teleute » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Edited OP to add the AirFit P10 as well. Please, someone take these!!

KentuckyHoser

Post by KentuckyHoser » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm new to all this and would love to have that airfit to try at a reduced price. I have the Nuance and like it. But I'm in the US. I can't believe you haven't had any Canadian takers. Maybe they're all too polite to respond.
Out on the Rim a Captain's goal was simple: Find a crew, Find a job, Keep flyin'. - Shepherd Book

FX00

Post by FX00 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:13 pm

I could really use the masks, still trying out a couple from the Supplier here and haven't found a good fit yet.. As for funds I'm not in the position to buy so if it comes down to it and you haven't sold and are still trying to get rid of them I'd love to try.

teleute

Post by teleute » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 pm

FX00 - so you'd be interested in both the Nuance and the AirFit? Out of curiosity, have you tried any nasal pillow masks, or just nasal masks like the Nano? What has worked/hasn't worked with the ones you've tried? What pressure(s) are you using?

Not opposed to giving them to someone who could use them; just trying to get an idea of whether these might stand a decent chance of working for you.

Also, any interest in the pillow at all? If you're looking at switching to pillow masks, presumably you wouldn't be interested in the nasal mask liners. (Unless leaking is the only issue with your current Nano, in which case they might be something to try.)

FX00

Post by FX00 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Actually yes I have some serious leak issues with the Nano and have been wanting to try out pillows, at the start of treatment I had the Wisp mask which I had constant issues with then the switch to the Nano and having leak issues night after night. So yes I would like to give the pillows a chance and think I may have some success with them.

Edit: Pressure 10 / 6

teleute

Post by teleute » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Cool. Will hang onto the liners then. I've got one other person who's interested as well, so lemme double check what she wants and then I'll pm you.

FX00

Post by FX00 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Sounds good, much thanks!

teleute

Re: WTS: CPAPMax pillow, Nuance, & Airfit P10 masks (GONE)

Post by teleute » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:29 pm

(FX00 - I PM'd you with the info.)

These items are accounted for. Thanks!

RogerSC

Re: WTS: CPAPMax pillow, Nuance, & Airfit P10 masks (GONE)

Post by RogerSC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Yeah, got a cpapmax and a buckwheat hull pillow in my closet...both too hard for me, but good ideas *smile*. Haven't gotten to the "need the space more than the pillow" place yet, might get around to trying them again at some point. Doing okay with the papillow from cpap.com, though. Seems to have the right combination of firmness and height for me. Anyways, it's the one that I keep coming back to, like the Swift FX.

I'd like to try the Tempurpedic ones, I tried one that we had around here, and it worked well for me aside from being too small. They're expensive though, and we don't need another pillow in the closet, so I've been delaying doing that. I'll get to it at some point.