Quietus Liners going out of business

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrog

Quietus Liners going out of business

Post by mrog » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

I just got an email from Quietus Liners beginning with, "On or before April 1, 2014 Quietus liners will cease all operations." If you use Quietus liners, now's the time to stock up.

I prefer Quietus liners over Remzzzs because they hold their shape a lot better, so I can re-use them a lot more. I also really like the tacking agent that keeps them in place. For those who don't want the tacking agent, you can order them without it. (If you don't like the smell of the tacking agent, you can eliminate it simply by removing the liner from the package a few hours before use.)

nanwilson

Re: Quietus Liners going out of business

Post by nanwilson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Buy padacheeks liners, no tacking and they will last eons. Karen is a member here who has osa and she makes liners and many comfort items to make our therapy so much easier.
Last edited by nanwilson on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

library lady

Post by library lady » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:46 pm

I haven't heard from them yet about that, but I did get an email today that my latest order was shipped... should've ordered more, I guess.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 pm

For some reason they didn't promote their product very much on CPAPtalk... and BTW, this is 'TOTALLY FREE MARKETING' all you entrepreneurs out there I've been here almost two years and this is the first I've heard of them, and its their their swan song? Too bad they are going out of business, but IMO, that's just plain lazy marketing.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:For some reason they didn't promote their product very much on CPAPtalk... and BTW, this is 'TOTALLY FREE MARKETING' all you entrepreneurs out there I've been here almost two years and this is the first I've heard of them, and its their their swan song? Too bad they are going out of business, but IMO, that's just plain lazy marketing.
Contrary, this isn't FREE MARKETING SITE, retail marketing is for the slezzy, if you want to run a bussiness advertize with your own $$$, not others wno work for a living... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Goofproof wrote: Contrary, this isn't FREE MARKETING SITE, retail marketing is for the slezzy, if you want to run a bussiness advertize with your own $$$, not others wno work for a living... Jim
Tell that to Remzzz, Padacheek, Accurate Biomed and several others who quietly promote on this forum Indeed, they all do it very low-key (mostly word of mouth), however that's the best advertising there is... plus they all provide a valuable service to the members.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
Goofproof wrote: Contrary, this isn't FREE MARKETING SITE, retail marketing is for the slezzy, if you want to run a bussiness advertize with your own $$$, not others wno work for a living... Jim
Tell that to Remzzz, Padacheek, Accurate Biomed and several others who quietly promote on this forum Indeed, they all do it very low-key (mostly word of mouth), however that's the best advertising there is... plus they all provide a valuable service to the members.
Advertizing a site as a "FREE MARKETING SITE", That you don't own or pay for, takes some grit! I think as users of this site, we should be more respectful of our benefactors, and not take advantage of their resources and kindness. The few that you mention, don't take advantage of their being in bussiness, but not all out there have morals. It's easy to open the doors and be overrun. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:08 am

+1
nanwilson wrote:Buy padacheeks liners, no tacking and they will last eons. Karen is a member here who has osa and she makes liners and many comfort items to make our therapy so much easier.
Padacheek liners are washable and re-usable.... a pair of mine lasted over a year before they became frayed.... Quietus / RemZZ are not re-usable.

I've never seen Karen come on here & advertise for Pad-a-Cheek. There is a lot of word of mouth here from very pleased users of her products!! I'm one of them... if it weren't for pad-a-cheek liners, I'd be floundering or failing in my CPAP treatment

A rep from RemZZ comes on here every so often giving away 30 day free samples.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

library lady

Post by library lady » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:51 am

To each his own.... Padacheek did not work for me; something about the fabric made me feel like I was smothering. Quietus and Remzzz work for me, and I have found that Quietus is reusable for several days, better than Remzzz which I could not use satisfactorily for more than one night. Someone said there are others, but I haven't found those, either online or at any of the local DMEs.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 am

library lady wrote:To each his own.... Padacheek did not work for me; something about the fabric made me feel like I was smothering. Quietus and Remzzz work for me, and I have found that Quietus is reusable for several days, better than Remzzz which I could not use satisfactorily for more than one night. Someone said there are others, but I haven't found those, either online or at any of the local DMEs.
Unfortunately, none of them worked for me. But kudos to Karen (Padacheek) and Becky (Remzz) for their outstanding customer service. In my opinion, they go way beyond the call of duty.

49er

no_more_headaches

Post by no_more_headaches » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:15 pm

How often do people wash their Pad-a-Cheeck liners?

Supine AHI 78.9 REM AHI 16
Titrated 1/18/08, Pressure 9

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Denial Dave wrote: Padacheek liners are washable and re-usable.... a pair of mine lasted over a year before they became frayed.... Quietus / RemZZ are not re-usable.
Actually Remzzz are reusable depending on how oily your skin is. I only used Remzzz for a few months, however somebody on CPAPtalk told me to mark on one side of the mask liner with an 'X' using a Sharpie or whatever. Then I'd always be sure to put that side towards my face. Using this method I'd typically get 3-4 nights usage before they would stretch too much. Needless to say, wash your face before applying. That tip sure cut down on the expense for me. Unfortunately, in my case, Remzzz tend get leaky if my pressure gets in the upper teens, therefore I switched to Padacheek (hey, more FREE word-of-mouth advertising... sorry Goofproof )

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
Denial Dave wrote: Padacheek liners are washable and re-usable.... a pair of mine lasted over a year before they became frayed.... Quietus / RemZZ are not re-usable.
Actually Remzzz are reusable depending on how oily your skin is. I only used Remzzz for a few months, however somebody on CPAPtalk told me to mark on one side of the mask liner with an 'X' using a Sharpie or whatever. Then I'd always be sure to put that side towards my face. Using this method I'd typically get 3-4 nights usage before they would stretch too much. Needless to say, wash your face before applying. That tip sure cut down on the expense for me. Unfortunately, in my case, Remzzz tend get leaky if my pressure gets in the upper teens, therefore I switched to Padacheek (hey, more FREE word-of-mouth advertising... sorry Goofproof )
Not a problem, at least you didn't try to prop the barn door wide open, this time. In fact I'm a fan of Karen and Padacheeks, they are good people like the owners of this forum.

I'm just asking to not burn our barn down. Jim

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:53 am

I wash mine every 3 days due to gross drool factor.

I have 2 liners in rotation....
no_more_headaches wrote:How often do people wash their Pad-a-Cheeck liners?

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Pad-a-cheek and Rem-zzzs are but two of the many fine products that can be purchased through our hosts.
One can also find Pur-Sleep and Snuggle Scents fragrance products there.