OT: Mike & I have Pneumonia!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Re: OT: Mike & I have Pneumonia!

Post by Pad A Cheek » Wed May 21, 2014 10:52 am

Dori,

You and Mike have certainly been through a lot lately. Please know that we are keeping you in our prayers, and will be checking in regularly for updates. Please take care of yourself, and know that when you get the rest you need to be well, that you are actually helping Mike also. Your sustained love and care have helped him so much, but you can only continue in that way if you are careful to take care of yourself first.

You don't want me to have to come see you and check on you to make sure you are resting enough. That is mom talk for "Don't make me come down there"

We care deeply for you, and we are saddened when you are struggling. Please be good to yourself.

Hugs,

Karen

ems

Post by ems » Wed May 21, 2014 11:49 am

Pad A Cheek wrote: We care deeply for you, and we are saddened when you are struggling. Please be good to yourself.
Ditto! Always checking the forum for your posts.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed May 21, 2014 11:56 am

ems wrote:
Pad A Cheek wrote: We care deeply for you, and we are saddened when you are struggling. Please be good to yourself.
Ditto! Always checking the forum for your posts.
Double Ditto. My phone notifies me of any new posts in this thread and I watch it carefully.

Always keeping you and Mike in my thoughts and prayers.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 pm

I can only offer a great big cyber hug. This so much harder than you deserve.
Take care of yourself; let the halo tarnish a little. If you are not strong, Mike is alone.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed May 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Dori, I'm so sorry to read this latest update. I'm sure that I am not alone in wishing we could somehow step out of cyberspace and take turns relieving you so that you can rest.

Please take care of yourself, and whenever possible let your loved ones and those around you take care of you.

Hugs,

kaiasgram

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed May 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Dori, I was playing with my granddaughter last weekend. She was dressed up as a princess and had a magic wand. She wondered if she could make a wish, wave her wand, and make my night time breathing problems go away. (Her uncle is not adapting to xPAP very well so the topic is often discussed at length.) I told her she was welcome to try but I didn't know if it would work.

I just got off the phone with her. Tonight she is going to get dressed back up and send some princess magic your way hoping it will help both you and Mike.

Next time you see Mike ask him if he "feels the magic..."

Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Wish I could do more.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed May 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Janknitz wrote:Dori, remember what you're told on an airplane? If the plane loses pressure and the oxygen masks are deployed, PUT YOUR OWN MASK ON FIRST before you help your lived one. You can't be there for Mike if you aren't taking care of yourself. So put your mask on (literally and figuratively) and take card of yourself.

Hugs!
You must have been with me at the Dr's office, that's EXACTLY what he told me!! It did make an impression on me so I'm trying to work out a better schedule but just when I'm ready to leave something always happens that only DORI can fix! I know! Today was a better day so I got home at a reasonable time and I'm not so mentally exhausted. It sure helps to vent here!
HoseCrusher wrote:Dori, I was playing with my granddaughter last weekend. She was dressed up as a princess and had a magic wand. She wondered if she could make a wish, wave her wand, and make my night time breathing problems go away. (Her uncle is not adapting to xPAP very well so the topic is often discussed at length.) I told her she was welcome to try but I didn't know if it would work.

I just got off the phone with her. Tonight she is going to get dressed back up and send some princess magic your way hoping it will help both you and Mike.

Next time you see Mike ask him if he "feels the magic..."

Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Wish I could do more.
HC, What a sweet message! Give your Princess a hug from this loving Grandma!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Keeping the two of you in my thoughts.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed May 21, 2014 7:38 pm

DoriC wrote:[I'm trying to work out a better schedule but just when I'm ready to leave something always happens that only DORI can fix! I know! Today was a better day so I got home at a reasonable time and I'm not so mentally exhausted. It sure helps to vent here!
Come here and vent when you want. We can take it!

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Dori,

As others have said - take care of YOU first! From one 'rehab addict' to another - if we don't take care of ourselves, our loved ones will suffer. I'm told that regularly by my friends & relatives, so I'm repeating it too you. I'm so glad you got to leave 'on time' today so you can get some much needed rest. Also, on the bad days, try to remember the good days, they will sustain you with thoughts of happy times, I've been told by a social worker at my MIL's rehab to mentally take myself to a happy time I spent with her, be it a happy day or occasion. I've tried this & it does make a bad day a little better. I hope you can give it a try & I hope it works, at least some, for you.

I'm still praying....with love,

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Mon May 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi Dori, I see you are still dealing with the problems, and just want to tell you that there are Nursing Home Ombudsmen that there should be a phone number posted on a bulletin board at the Nursing Home for you to get hold of them. They can investigate when there are care problems you can't resolve. They are there to help the patients and their families. If you can't find the number, PM me and let me know exactly where you live and exactly where Mike is, and I will get you the name and phone number for your area nursing home ombudsman. You should not have to deal with so many problems with the staff all the time. As a retired nurse I want to tell you I am so sorry that my profession has let you down so often during this bumpy ride lately. CPAP was not even around when I went to nursing school in the early 70s, so there are probably plenty of long-ago trained nurses who don't really know how it works or why. I am praying for you & Mike to get stronger and once again be together in your own home. Please take care of yourself! Tell Mike I said Hello!

Pressure 6-10 cm

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon May 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Dori,

I check for this thread every time I'm on here. And I continue to send good thoughts to you and Mike.

You MUST take care of yourself, or you can't help Mike. Everybody else has already said what I was thinking of, so I'll leave it at that. <Hugs>

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri May 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Bump, hugs, and prayers for both of you.

ems

Post by ems » Sat May 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Thinking of you both. Many hugs!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sat May 31, 2014 1:09 pm

ems wrote:Thinking of you both. Many hugs!
Me too Dori!