Sleep Cycle App

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WearyOne

Sleep Cycle App

Post by WearyOne » Sun May 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Currently this app is only available for the iPhone, and I have Android, but I would be interested to know who has heard of this. It showed up as an "app of the week" from a business site I'm connected with. Does it even seem like it would work reliably at all? I have my doubts, but would love the opinions/thoughts of others.

A bio-alarm clock that analyzes your sleep patterns and wakes you when you are in the lightest sleep phase.
http://www.sleepcycle.com/?utm_medium=E ... 8-Applause

"However, since you move differently in bed during the different phases, the Sleep Cycle alarm clock is able to use the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in. Sleep Cycle then uses a 30 minute alarm window that ends at your set alarm time and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase."

I have heard about the other types that you actually wear a type of sensor, but you don't even do that for this one.

rycon

Re: Sleep Cycle App

Post by rycon » Sun May 18, 2014 2:12 pm

I use Sleep as Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid.sleep. I used it in the past by just putting my phone on my matress near my pillow, and that seemed to work well. I have a Pebble now, so all my sleep is monitored by my smartwatch.

I'm not sure if this app can interface with another type of sensor.

echo

Post by echo » Mon May 19, 2014 9:05 pm

I also use sleep as android. Sleepbot is also tracking motion now but they don't report % deep sleep as well as sleep as android....

What's a Pebble?
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 20, 2014 5:52 am

I just dig out the old Zeo. Too bad nobody snatched that up.

rycon

Post by rycon » Tue May 20, 2014 7:33 am

echo wrote:I also use sleep as android. Sleepbot is also tracking motion now but they don't report % deep sleep as well as sleep as android....

What's a Pebble?
It's one of the better smart watches available right now. https://getpebble.com/. I really like mine.

*edit: I should mention that Sleep as Android works with the pebble watch to monitor sleep. There is an option in the sleep as android setting to enable the pebble. I wasn't clear on my first post.

flyingwithoutwings

Post by flyingwithoutwings » Tue May 20, 2014 8:02 am

rycon wrote:It's one of the better smart watches available right now. https://getpebble.com/. I really like mine.

*edit: I should mention that Sleep as Android works with the pebble watch to monitor sleep. There is an option in the sleep as android setting to enable the pebble. I wasn't clear on my first post.
That is so cool. I want one.
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails!