Question about the Tube

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ashlization85

Question about the Tube

Post by Ashlization85 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:51 pm

So far I've been doing ok with my machine. Not 100% yet but feeling a bit better and my partner confirmed I haven't been snoring which is awesome. My only issue is the tube cord keeps getting tangled, how can I fix that? I also notice if I have the tub resting over my head more airflow happens.

Jay Aitchsee

Re: Question about the Tube

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Welcome and congratulations on your improved sleep.
By tube, I assume you mean hose?
Here's a solution used by some: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html but many just use some kind of home made rig to get the hose up and out of the way. Maybe you can use your headboard?
One thing you might want to do is fasten the hose to bed at some point before it goes over to your machine. Many of us have pulled our machines off the nightstand by rolling over in our sleep. Currently, I just use a rubber band around the hose to my iron headboard. I have used a Velcro loop around the hose through a suspender clip attached to the sheet.
Whatever works for you.

palerider

Re: Question about the Tube

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:35 pm

[quote="Ashlization85" I also notice if I have the tub resting over my head more airflow happens.[/quote]

the position of the hose does not affect airflow, or pressure.

it may *SEEM* to cause a difference in airflow because it doesn't flow the same way around in the mask depending on which way you have it, it also may get the hose in the way of the vent and cause more noise, but it doesn't have any affect on how things work for you

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.