Bug Discussion - Upgraded PHPbb Forum Software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
prodigyplace

Re: Bug Discussion - Upgraded PHPbb Forum Software

Post by prodigyplace » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:47 pm
prodigyplace wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm
Has anybody checked their Friends & Foes lists?
I thought I had a few foes but my lists are empty.
My Foe list is unchanged and it's not a particularly short list.
I got an error message yesterday when I tried to add another one though.
I will let me remove someone but won't let me add a new one. I just test that function.
I still get an error message if I try to add a new one....just tried again.
Thanks, Pugsy

How can you moderate people of they are on your foe list? I thought you would want to see all postings.

Just curious.

Perhaps moderators are not supposed to have foes :D

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:07 pm

IMO, I would say let Pugsy have a functioning foes list, if that allows her keep her focus where it needs to be. Any of us on the board can report behavior that directly violates the board agreement.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:18 pm

I was able to add a name to my foes list. (Also a short list)
Cannot see how the process is different than before.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:23 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:18 pm
I was able to add a name to my foes list. (Also a short list)
Cannot see how the process is different than before.
OK, I must be too friendly. 8)
I am pretty sure I had at least one foe who was eventually banned. They could have got cleared automatically.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 pm

There is no "too friendly", "too kind", etc.
Accept that you are a superior life form . . .

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:51 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 pm
How can you moderate people of they are on your foe list? I thought you would want to see all postings.

Just curious.

Perhaps moderators are not supposed to have foes :D
When someone is on the Foe list (yours or mine or whatever) when they make a post there is a little message that can be seen that says that this person is on your Foe list and they posted...and I get a link to "display the post". If I click on that link I can then read what was said.
I call it sneaking a peek. Sometimes I peek and sometimes I don't.
I don't always thoroughly read each and every post here and I don't necessarily read OT stuff once I determine the topic doesn't interest me.

Probably 95% of the people on my Foe list are no longer active on the forum. I leave them there in case they come back and say something and I most likely have forgotten that they at one time pissed me off for some reason. These are people that I don't particularly want to interact with for some reason or other...so I choose not to. This way I don't forget that they pissed me off for some reason or other even if I have forgotten them. I may or may not choose to sneak a peek if they post something. Depends on my mood and what might be going on in the thread.

Why can't I have Foes? I didn't give up being human or my own personality. :lol: :lol:
Besides...if someone gets out of hand...someone will tell on them and send me a note to that effect.

99.99% of my moderator work has been spam patrol....justice is swift for real spammers.
The other 0.01%....I removed a couple of posts where there was so much profanity it turned my stomach and it takes a lot of bad words to turn my stomach and it was direct towards one person pointedly and not just general frustration bad words.
There's been a handful of threads where the discussion was warming up a bit and looked like it might go sideways so I just watched what was being said and things died down and I didn't have to pull moderator rank on anyone.

For the most part members are heeding the the "attack the message and not the messenger" thing and I really haven't had to do much except remove spam and block the offenders from at least coming back with that ID account.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 pm

I still get this message below if I attempt to add someone to my Foe list.
If it is working for you guys and it's only me then maybe it has to do with my moderator thing. I dunno...no one ever mentioned it and I hadn't tried it until yesterday and then I was only testing things.

Doesn't really matter and isn't that big of a deal to me. No one has really pissed me off so much in a long time that I really have the urge to Foe them. I just know that if I remove someone I can't seem to put them back. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 pm
If it is working for you guys and it's only me then maybe it has to do with my moderator thing. I dunno...no one ever mentioned it and I hadn't tried it until yesterday and then I was only testing things.

Doesn't really matter and isn't that big of a deal to me. No one has really pissed me off so much in a long time that I really have the urge to Foe them. I just know that if I remove someone I can't seem to put them back. :lol:
If I click on the foe button, I get the same message. I went to my User Control Panel/Friends and Foes and manually submitted both Chunkyfrog & Pugsy as foes. The system said I couldn't foe moderators but it did add Chunkyfrog. I then went to the foe list, where Chunkyfrog was, and highlighted the name, and hit submit. This removed Chunkyfrog from my foe list. End result nobody is on my foe list again, but users can foe people (except for Pugsy) from there.

-Bill

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am

wm_hess wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 am
Pugsy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 pm

If I click on the foe button, I get the same message. I went to my User Control Panel/Friends and Foes and manually submitted both Chunkyfrog & Pugsy as foes. The system said I couldn't foe moderators but it did add Chunkyfrog. I then went to the foe list, where Chunkyfrog was, and highlighted the name, and hit submit. This removed Chunkyfrog from my foe list. End result nobody is on my foe list again, but users can foe people (except for Pugsy) from there.

-Bill
If you can't Foe Pugsy, what is the point of having a Foe List? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
If you can't remember who your Enemies are, I don't think you have any business on the Internet or maybe not in Public either. I don't need a Foe List, I have a hold them close policy, they can't sneak up on you if you hold them by the neck, like the snake they are.

Just pulling your chain, Pugsy, Love you, I don't know many Dog Lovers that are bad people, and if it find one they are on my Foe List! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

scruffies

Post by scruffies » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Keeping fingers crossed that the 150Kb limit on attachments gets increased soon.... :)

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Is Tapatalk functionality going to be restored?

bendauphinee

Post by bendauphinee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 pm

scruffies wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 pm
Keeping fingers crossed that the 150Kb limit on attachments gets increased soon.... :)
edfreeman wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Is Tapatalk functionality going to be restored?
Both of these are on my list of things to look in to. We are actively monitoring this thread for issues, and attempting to resolve them as time allows.

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Something odd happened to me last night. I was not logged in, but browsing through the latest posts using my android tablet, when suddenly the display changed and "log in" in the upper right corner changed to "prodigyplace." :o It stayed like this as I kept browsing. After a few minutes, I clicked on the down arrow next to not-my-user-name and selected "log out." Curious. . .
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:57 pm

I'm not sure I like this new forum set up. I can't figure out how to foe myself. :? :?

Wait! I think I figured it out. :shock:
Last edited by DreamStalker on Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

bendauphinee

Post by bendauphinee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm

USMCVet wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am
Any idea what image size limit is?
Pugsy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 pm
Someone else want to try a bigger file and see what happens?
jnk... wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 pm
Problem is, 150 KB might not be enough for newbies to post their graphs easily...
scruffies wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 pm
We have updated the upload limit to 1MB. There are no personal limits, but there is an overall board limit for how much can be uploaded. We will monitor this. Please use discretion when uploading large images.