Need cooler air

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DoubleB65

Need cooler air

Post by DoubleB65 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 am

I haven’t changed any settings since I got my machine but I did change a mask.

Over the last couple nights it seems
Like the air is warmer and it’s harder to exhale too. I have always slept in a cool room with cool air.

I don’t have the heated hose on and am not using the humidifier. Haven’t since the start two and a half weeks ago.

Is there a way to make the air cooler and also make it easier to exhale?

Pugsy

Re: Need cooler air

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:24 am

DoubleB65 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 am
Is there a way to make the air cooler and also make it easier to exhale?
No. We can't add an air conditioner unit to the cpap machine.
It starts with room air temp and that's what you get if you aren't using the humidifier at all.

It's probably warmer because you are exhaling warm air into the mask and stays warmer because the warm air just doesn't get cleared out of the mask quickly.

What pressure are you using when you start out the night and are experiencing the too warm feeling and difficulty exhaling?

Now there is a way to make exhaling easier but it's not tied to the air temp..
Need to know what settings you are currently using...pressure and any exhale relief setting you might be using already.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DoubleB65

Post by DoubleB65 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:14 am

Pressure starts at 8. How do I find the exhale relief setting?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 am

On the Respironics machines the exhale relief is called Flex.
Get the manual...you can request it via email from here
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual
How to turn it on and set it is explained in the manual plus there is a demo available of the various settings so you can try each setting to see if it helps or not.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:35 am

You press in the dial and the ramp button at same time until screen changes and takes you to clinic mode where you can find it and change it.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 pm

For cool air, turn off all heat, turn on A/C, I run my Room A/C at 62 degrees F. Winter above 35 degrees run a/c, don't let the A/C fan freeze.... I keep bedroom door closed, and heating duct off. Jim

I also use NO HH.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Some people have set up a run thru a styrofoam cooler for their hose, then filled the cooler with ice, or set up some kind of a cooler with a fan running across the ice at the inlet to the cpap.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:55 pm

herefishy wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:18 pm
set up some kind of a cooler with a fan running across the ice at the inlet to the cpap.
That would cause water to form inside your XPAP, a really poor idea. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:17 pm

You're probably right, Jim, sorry I mentioned it, thought I read it here before.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

herefishy wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:17 pm
You're probably right, Jim, sorry I mentioned it, thought I read it here before.
I've noticed my "Tanks", draw power all the time when off, and tend to stay warm even in a cool room, I'm sure they aren't worried about power usage or anything useful, but it does insure moisture is kept from building up in the unit. especially for the people to lazy to dump their HH in the morning. :roll: Jim

Btoeps74

Post by Btoeps74 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:22 am

Goofproof wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm
herefishy wrote:
I've noticed my "Tanks", draw power all the time when off, and tend to stay warm even in a cool room, I'm sure they aren't worried about power usage or anything useful, but it does insure moisture is kept from building up in the unit. especially for the people to lazy to dump their HH in the morning. :roll: Jim
Did you consider running your CPAP with the water chamber removed all together? Just run the hose directly to the CPAP unit. As a perk, your machine would have a smaller footprint as well.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Btoeps74 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:22 am
Goofproof wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm
herefishy wrote:
Did you consider running your CPAP with the water chamber removed all together? Just run the hose directly to the CPAP unit. As a perk, your machine would have a smaller footprint as well.
That's how I have been using it for over a year, HH removed hose on unit, mint is the classic "Tank", the XPAP sets on The HH and plugs in in series with the power cord. I took it all off. That makes it about 4 inches smaller, but I don't worry about footprint, things are what they are, times are too short to think about things that don't matter.

The downside of removing the HH, is if you leave it hooked up, is tends to muffle the noise. That's not a concern, after a few minutes, my ears plug up anyway. I try to live by the K.I.S.S. System, life can be simpler, if we let it. Jim