Possible Flowchart to Sound Sleep Success

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Thomas F.

Possible Flowchart to Sound Sleep Success

Post by Thomas F. » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 am

<t>I put together this attached flowchart which (hopefully) will provide a helpful shortcut to CPAP success. It's targeted to the beginner, struggling with CPAP, and continues to have poor sleep. When I started on CPAP, if I had this flowchart (and stuck to it), it would have saved me a couple years of horrible sleep because of wrong mask selection and wrong pressure settings. It's a simple, straightforward approach. Let's not make it more complicated than necessary.</t>
flowchart.png
flowchart.png (250.99 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Had UPPP and Hyoid Advancement Surgery on 10/29/2010.
midline glossectomy surgery using Da vinci robot 2/2014.
Straight CPAP 4.8 pressure

Julie

Re: Possible Flowchart to Sound Sleep Success

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:19 am

So you're going to ignore those of us who need and use a full face mask quite happily? And/or those who find a cervical collar not a good answer at all?

Thomas F.

Post by Thomas F. » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 am

As stated "this chart is for beginners that are struggling". This is flowchart #1 -first step, simple, straightforward, approach which should work for the majority. Only after trying hard and not having success with flowchart #1 should you go to flowchart #2. Nose breathing during sleep = healthy sleep; therefore nasal mask is preferred.

I put full faced masks, auto adjust cpap, bi level, high pressure, other? in flowchart #2. Only go to flowchart #2 after failing #1. Julie, do you want to take a shot at creating flowchart #2?

So Well

Post by So Well » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Your chart is about as useful as the carving in your avatar.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm

So Well wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm
+1..
The vast majority of CPAPs sold and used are Auto for a reason...You are using an Auto yourself.

Thomas F.

Post by Thomas F. » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm

So Well.... your not related to low IQ Maxine Waters are you? try to understand the flowchart and the intended target it's meant for. I know it's hard for you but try not to bring race into the issue and leap to unfounded conclusions about my avatar.

LSAT I use an auto in cpap mode.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Thomas F. wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 am
As stated "this chart is for beginners that are struggling". This is flowchart #1 -first step, simple, straightforward, approach which should work for the majority. Only after trying hard and not having success with flowchart #1 should you go to flowchart #2. Nose breathing during sleep = healthy sleep; therefore nasal mask is preferred.

I put full faced masks, auto adjust cpap, bi level, high pressure, other? in flowchart #2. Only go to flowchart #2 after failing #1. Julie, do you want to take a shot at creating flowchart #2?
Are you also aware, if you Nose Breath, you also breath thru your nose. Looks to me like a FF Mask covers all options from the get go. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Thomas - get off the forum now... So Well did NOT bring race in - you just did! Feel like reporting you to the mods!

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Thomas F. wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm
So Well.... your not related to low IQ Maxine Waters are you? try to understand the flowchart and the intended target it's meant for. I know it's hard for you but try not to bring race into the issue and leap to unfounded conclusions about my avatar.
you seem nice....
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm

What I don't like is if anyone on here ever tries to be helpful or come up with something helpful everyone is telling then it's dumb or bad idea or whatever other idea killer things they like to say instead of being constructive.

For a forum that is here to help people there sure are a lot of people who don't like to help.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:19 pm

LSAT wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm
So Well wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm
+1..
The vast majority of CPAPs sold and used are Auto for a reason...You are using an Auto yourself.
+2,

It's a dumb chart, and ... less than good advice.

It's a waste of electrons, and the few minutes of my life looking at it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Thomas F. wrote:
So Well.... your not related to low IQ Maxine Waters are you?
Ah, insults as a result of criticism. Nice. That's really all we need to know about you, and your ideas, I think.
Thomas F. wrote:
LSAT I use an auto in cpap mode.
Well, that's a waste of money, and technology.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm

USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm
What I don't like is if anyone on here ever tries to be helpful or come up with something helpful everyone is telling then it's dumb or bad idea or whatever other idea killer things they like to say instead of being constructive.
Just because someone comes up with an idea doesn't mean it's a *GOOD* idea.. This one isn't.
USMCVet wrote:
For a forum that is here to help people there sure are a lot of people who don't like to help.
Or, maybe, there are some people that know somethings a waste of time, and do their part to spare other less knowledgeable people from going down the wrong path.

If you're not good with that, there is perhaps a better forum for you, where feelings are more important than facts... though, not necessarily YOUR feelings, just the old timers ones.

lamar2217

Post by lamar2217 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Is there an adult available?

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:30 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm
USMCVet wrote:
Or, maybe, there are some people that know somethings a waste of time, and do their part to spare other less knowledgeable people from going down the wrong path.

If you're not good with that, there is perhaps a better forum for you, where feelings are more important than facts... though, not necessarily YOUR feelings, just the old timers ones.
I Think your opinion and ideas are stupid and a waste of bandwidth and if my opinion hurts your feelings maybe you should find another forum.

Also your opinions are certainly not facts.