DST question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
booksfan

DST question

Post by booksfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm

I have a question about time setting on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her. Do y'all change the time for DST or just leave it? I know it shows up wrong on Sleepyhead, but does it really matter? The number of hours is correct, it's just off by an hour. If I wanted to change it, could I just go into MyAir (which I no longer use :D ) and just change my time zone to Atlantic? That would show the correct time, but I don't know if the change would show up on my machine.

I know what the easy answer is, but don't know if it is the right one! :?

Thanks!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

chartle

Re: DST question

Post by chartle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm

booksfan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm
I have a question about time setting on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her. Do y'all change the time for DST or just leave it? I know it shows up wrong on Sleepyhead, but does it really matter? The number of hours is correct, it's just off by an hour. If I wanted to change it, could I just go into MyAir (which I no longer use :D ) and just change my time zone to Atlantic? That would show the correct time, but I don't know if the change would show up on my machine.

Thanks!
I've had the AirSense 10 AutoSet for a month and I just assumed it would pick up the time from the Cell Signal. I've never seen a setting for time. Is it maybe Saturday to Sunday thats just messed up. I just found out about Sleepyhead today so I'll install it tonight to see.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:03 pm

If you want to change the time you need to go into the clinician menu and change it there. You need to do it after noon and before you use the machine that night. In the fall, you will need to make the change after 1:00 pm and before you use the machine that night.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:03 pm

If you want to change the time so it shows accurate for when you went to bed and turned the machine off/on.
You have to change the clock on the machine itself.
Easy to do in the clinical setup menu area.
https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf

Word of warning..be very careful and don't change the date at the same time...been there and done that and the machine won't let you go backwards if there is any data on the prior session date. Big mess if you make a mistake and it's easy to make a mistake and not realize it. :lol: :lol:

If someone wants to change the clock I suggest doing it right before bedtime and well after the 12 noon new day session thing and don't take a nap after 12 noon before bedtime.

I don't bother changing the machine clock much any more.. The hours of sleep are correct no matter what the clock says and I have messed it up enough over the years that I learned my lesson. :lol:

And you Respironics users wondering what in the word the ResMed users are talking about....ignore what we say because your machine has in internal clock that you can't get to to change the setting.
And your 12 Noon new session starting isn't 12 noon your local time anyway. It's 12 Noon GMT time.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm

chartle wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm
I've had the AirSense 10 AutoSet for a month and I just assumed it would pick up the time from the Cell Signal.
Nope. Doesn't work that way and never has.
The cellular data thing is for transmitting usage data to ResMed and maybe once in a very rare blue moon ResMed forcing a machine update over the cellular connection.
In the years since ResMed released the AirSense machines...once maybe twice has there ever been a firmware update on the machine's internal software.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chartle

Post by chartle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:17 pm

<r><QUOTE author="Pugsy" post_id="1232453" time="1520881592" user_id="40932"><s>
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm
</s>
<QUOTE author="chartle" post_id="1232449" time="1520881289" user_id="85594"><s>
chartle wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm
</s>
I've had the AirSense 10 AutoSet for a month and I just assumed it would pick up the time from the Cell Signal.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Nope. Doesn't work that way and never has.<br/>
The cellular data thing is for transmitting usage data to ResMed and maybe once in a very rare blue moon ResMed forcing a machine update over the cellular connection.<br/>
In the years since ResMed released the AirSense machines...once maybe twice has there ever been a firmware update on the machine's internal software.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Oddly time is part of the Cell system, you never have to set the time on your phone. It should pick it up from the tower. Unless my phone is using GPS. <E>:wink:</E> <br/>
<br/>
I'll see what i can see tonight. I use my air and I'm dying to see what on my SD card. <br/>
<br/>
I know the Sleep Coordinator at my Dr office watches me. She called a few weeks back to see how its working out and said that she was going to consult with the DR to see if my max pressure should be bumped up due to my readings.</r>

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:32 pm

chartle wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:17 pm
Oddly time is part of the Cell system, you never have to set the time on your phone.
Yes. On the phone but NOT on the ResMed machines despite using some sort of cellular service.
It's not a continuous transmission and there's nothing in the phone to do anything to the clock itself.
That's why these machines have internal clocks.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm

OK then, I think I will just leave well enough alone and do nothing. It will be right again in November! :wink:

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:06 pm

booksfan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm
OK then, I think I will just leave well enough alone and do nothing. It will be right again in November! :wink:
I just split the difference and set the clock ahead 1/2 hour a few years back.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:18 pm

That's an idea!

msla

Post by msla » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Think about traveling and crossing time zones or even international date line. Personally I don't even think about it anymore. :wink:

ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 pm

booksfan wrote:

Thanks!
I gave up messing with DST onthe cpap years ago... I think I did it a few times, then decided "fah, who cares?"

What's more important is what happened, and how long.. .not "I had a hypopnea at 3:47am?!!!"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 pm
booksfan wrote:

Thanks!
I gave up messing with DST onthe cpap years ago... I think I did it a few times, then decided "fah, who cares?"

What's more important is what happened, and how long.. .not "I had a hypopnea at 3:47am?!!!"
True. I decided I'm not going to mess with it. Plus, I realized that in 10+ years, my husband has never changed the time on his CPAP! :lol:

FullScore

International travel

Post by FullScore » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am

I do 2/3 round the world trips a year with my Airsense 10, often with 8-hour time changes, e.g. London-San Diego, Hong Kong-London. Such huge time changes mess up my Airsense settings since they will often straddle two days. I therefore have to change the date/time settings on my machine. BUT ResMed, for some unaccountable reason, don't allow you to put the clock back, so if travelling west the only way is to erase all the data and re-set the date/time in the Clinical Menu. And then you have to re-subscribe to myAir as all the data will already have been deleted.

Why do ResMed impose this restriction?

Also, by using an internal modem rather than a wireless Internet connection ResMed severely restrict the usefulness of data collection. Their rather pathetic attempt (myAir) only works in designated continents, e.g. CDMA for US Airsense, GSM for UK Airsense (I use both machines).

I had hopes for ResMed's new AirMini for air travel, but, nonsensically, they haven't produced the HumidAir attachment that will work with a full-face mask - who wants to fly 15 hours without humidification in a pressurised cabin!

As an Australian company you'd expect that international considerations would be their top priority, but they're not.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:17 am

FullScore wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am
BUT ResMed, for some unaccountable reason, don't allow you to put the clock back, so if travelling west the only way is to erase all the data and re-set the date/time in the Clinical Menu. And then you have to re-subscribe to myAir as all the data will already have been deleted.

Why do ResMed impose this restriction?
Because the machine won't allow someone to go backwards when it will mean writing data from a sleep session into a time frame or date where data already exists.
It just won't let you do it.
As to why...because that's what ResMed decided to do.
I would wager that 99.999% of the ResMed users out there don't travel around the world and it's a non issue for those people.
And if you really think that ResMed has ever given much of a thought to what the actual cpap user might want...you are in for a big disappointment. We aren't their primary customer...their primary customers are the DMEs and/or doctors. It isn't us.

DMEs and doctors don't care that the clock time matches exactly with the time you went to bed. All they care about is maybe the number of hours you used the machine. Hours slept and using the machine is hours slept no matter what the clock or date might say.