nasal pillows

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bluefairey

nasal pillows

Post by Bluefairey » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm

I am currently using the nasal pillows and I have problems through the nite with this divise.
Not staying in place,air leakage. Get so frustrated I take it off.
What is the best headgear, but not full face mask-clausterphobic.

ChicagoGranny

Re: nasal pillows

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Bluefairey wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm
I am currently using the nasal pillows
Which model are you using? https://www.cpap.com/cpap-masks/nasal-p ... p-mask.php

Here are some tips on sizing and adjustment of masks and preventing leaks.
To reduce unintentional mask leak -

- Make sure the mask is fitted properly. (See mask manufacturer's video.)

- Make sure the headgear is adjusted properly (See mask manufacturer's video.)

- If you use a low ramp pressure or a low minimum pressure, you should fit and adjust your mask at the higher pressures it is operating at for most of the night. You would temporarily change the machine pressure settings while you do the fitting and adjusting. It's best to do this well before bedtime before you are tired and ready for sleep. Don't forget to change your settings back to the ones you prefer.

- Make sure to use good hose management - the hose should not pull on the mask. Notice how your hose is positioned between machine and mask. It should be positioned to minimize any pull on the mask. Hose management is an individual practice. How it is done depends on the mask, the position of the machine, your sleeping position and other factors specific to the individual.

- If you still have problems, learn from the forum what mask liners are available.

- Start a thread in cpaptalk asking for help. Subject: Need Help with Mask xxxxxx

- If your mask still has excessive leak, try other masks. Many people report trying several masks before they find one that works well for them.

Note: Links to just some of the mask manufacturers' instructional videos can be found on the forum host's website - https://www.cpap.com/cpap-masks.php and https://www.youtube.com/

- CG

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:05 pm

What make/model/size nasal pillows are you using? How long have you been using it? How long have you been on CPAP? All info we'll need to have in order to help you further.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 pm

There are lots of videos on youtube about how to fit various masks, as well as reviews, how to clean, etc. Good stuff in general.