Humidifier chamber

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kawman

Humidifier chamber

Post by kawman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

I am not sure if my humidifier is working correctly on my Dreamstation, I have it set at 5 and the amount of water it uses doesn’t change , I recently just spent a week with a friend of mine in Arizona who has the same machine and has his set at 5 also , in the morning his chamber was almost empty and mine was half full, have any other people run into this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Re: Humidifier chamber

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm

If it isn't using water in Arizona then something is probably up.

Turn it on and let it run for about 15 minutes and then turn it off and immediately remove the water chamber and check the bottom of the chamber for warmth. It should be at least warm to the touch. Not necessarily horribly hot but good and warm.
If it's not...you have a problem and it needs to go back to where you got it.

I don't know if the DreamStation offers Classic Mode or not...the prior model System One did.
If it does (need to be in the clinical setup menu area to changed humidification modes) then change it to Classic Mode at the setting of 5 and see what happens. If it doesn't use much water in Classic mode...most definitely there is a problem somewhere in the unit.
Might be in the humidifier but also might be in the blower unit and a connection problem in the blower.

If you don't know about clinical setup mode and how to get there go here and request the manual via email and it's all explained in the manual.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kawman

Post by kawman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:49 am

Pugsy wrote:If it isn't using water in Arizona then something is probably up.

Turn it on and let it run for about 15 minutes and then turn it off and immediately remove the water chamber and check the bottom of the chamber for warmth. It should be at least warm to the touch. Not necessarily horribly hot but good and warm.
If it's not...you have a problem and it needs to go back to where you got it.

I don't know if the DreamStation offers Classic Mode or not...the prior model System One did.
If it does (need to be in the clinical setup menu area to changed humidification modes) then change it to Classic Mode at the setting of 5 and see what happens. If it doesn't use much water in Classic mode...most definitely there is a problem somewhere in the unit.
Might be in the humidifier but also might be in the blower unit and a connection problem in the blower.

If you don't know about clinical setup mode and how to get there go here and request the manual via email and it's all explained in the manual.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual
Thanks I will try this .

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 am

You didn't say that it is using almost no water, just that it is using less than you think it should, or less than somebody else's does under what appears to be the same settings and conditions.

Were you actually sleeping in the same room (not just the same building)? If not, the conditions (especially the temperature) might not be the same.

Also, other things can affect how much water you use such as your pressure setting, what type of mask you're using, your leak rate (the DreamStation compensates for leaks), and several other variables.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 am

Just check if the metal bottom of the tank gets warm.

kawman

Post by kawman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:15 am

D.H. wrote:You didn't say that it is using almost no water, just that it is using less than you think it should, or less than somebody else's does under what appears to be the same settings and conditions.

Were you actually sleeping in the same room (not just the same building)? If not, the conditions (especially the temperature) might not be the same.

Also, other things can affect how much water you use such as your pressure setting, what type of mask you're using, your leak rate (the DreamStation compensates for leaks), and several other variables.
Thanks good info ! This is probably the reason .