Dreamwear Full Face Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jasba64

Dreamwear Full Face Mask

Post by Jasba64 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am

Has anyone received this new mask yet? I would like to try it, myself. Supposedly the frame comes in 3 different sizes being, small, medium and large. I haven't been able to find a sizing guide. The cushions come in 4 sizes being small, medium, medium wide, and large. There is a youtube video demonstrating the mask but I think the guy is not properly demo-ing it. He is sticking his nose through the hole instead of placing his nose across it. I am using the Amara View and love it although I normally have to adjust it once per night. I have both the medium and large cushions and rotate between the two.

Pugsy

Re: Dreamwear Full Face Mask

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:18 am

It's brand new and not widely available yet.

See this thread.
viewtopic/t158844/Respironics-DreamWear ... =dreamwear

I haven't seen the youtube video yet but if I have time will go look.
Your nose rests in the cushion like it does with the Amara view and as for sizing....it seems to use the same sizing as for the DreamWear nasal cushion mask. As far as I know there isn't an official sizing guide just yet.
Maybe there will be once it is widely available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:51 am

I too am anxiously awaiting this mask and have the same questions with regard to head size since I have the template cutout for nose/face. I keep thinking the frame will be related to head/cap size which in my case is 7 1/8 but not willing to risk nigh on $200 for medium or large. Yeah yeah I know I can return it at cpap.com if too large/small but I'm a smidge too OCD to relenquishing it even for a few days (if I were to buy it a plane ticket) once I've had it here after waited so long already. Since the instant I first saw it, t's my most-coveted/wanted item in all of CPAPdom!

If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:16 am

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 am

Not the correct mask. I'm wanting the DreamWear Full Face new style with the DreamWear air thru-the-frame. Not the Amara tho I think they have, in the past been referred to interchangeably.

Specifically, this is the mask I seek: Grrrrr 1st attempt at a link and I failed miserably

Here's the link in the event someone else can make it fly: http://www.secondwindcpap.com/Respironi ...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:34 am

salinas212 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 am
Not the correct mask. I'm wanting the DreamWear Full Face new style with the DreamWear air thru-the-frame. Not the Amara tho I think they have, in the past been referred to interchangeably.

Specifically, this is the mask I seek: Grrrrr 1st attempt at a link and I failed miserably

Here's the link in the event someone else can make it fly: http://www.secondwindcpap.com/Respironi ...
Here you go
https://www.secondwindcpap.com/Respiron ... 33400.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:36 am

As usual Pugs you duh ma... err small-framed woman!

Zmartha

Post by Zmartha » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm

I picked up that mask last Thursday. See my thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=170852
I can't tell you much about the sizing, especially if you have to order it.
My DME looked at me and decided on a medium by guessing, then decided to take the frame off the mouthpiece and put a small frame on the medium mouthpiece. Voila! (That might mean I have a big mouth.) :roll:
5 nites & 4 things I like about it.
1) No more wrestling with the hose!
2) Doesn't leak like the last one, a nasal pillows mask when turning from side to side.
3) My mouth isn't drying out.
4) No or little lines on face.

Diagnosed mild apnea Dec, 2017
Was switched to AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ from CPAP to BIPAP June, 2019
Dreamware Face Mask and Airfit N30i Nasal Mask

Jasba64

Post by Jasba64 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks for all the replies and links. I will most likely have to purchase the first one when I can. I have been wearing a medium in all the other masks so I will take a gamble with that size. Perhaps there will be a template coming soon to use. I tried Dreamwear before I realized I require a full face. I wasn't thrilled with it but maybe I didn't give it enough time.

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 am

Jasba64 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:05 pm
Thanks for all the replies and links. I will most likely have to purchase the first one when I can. I have been wearing a medium in all the other masks so I will take a gamble with that size. Perhaps there will be a template coming soon to use. I tried Dreamwear before I realized I require a full face. I wasn't thrilled with it but maybe I didn't give it enough time.
I've had my Dreamwear FFM mask for a week now. I keep expecting it to fail, because I had no luck at all with the Dreamwear pillows or nasal mask.
I was pretty skeptical that the Dreamwear full face version would work after my disappointment with the Amara View.
I want to write a critical review of the Dreamwear FFM, but I'm still looking for flaws.

I know there will be people that it doesn't work for, so it will be interesting to hear what they find wrong with it.

By the way, on sizing, my face is long enough that I've needed a medium in every full face mask I've worn, and the medium Dreamwear frame fits me perfectly. However, I have a small nose, which is part of the reason other masks have failed. The small Dreamwear FFM cushion accommodates me well. I keep thinking that the mask should be longer from top to bottom, since the bottom of the mask rests right below my upper lip. However, it continues to seal and it does allow me plenty of mouth movement, so I guess I can't complain.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 am

Of those that have received and/or used this mask I'd like to determine frame size as I've managed to find a couple vendors that have these in-house but no templates or method for gauging frame size so I'm going to go out on a limb and 'guess'. If anyone using this mask has ever purchased a specific sized hat or cap that is sized like 6 3/4, 6 7/8, 7, 7 1/8 or 7 1/4 etc rather than the more traditional one-size-fits-all adjustable cap/hat, what size were you, and more importantly, what size DreamWear frame did you opt for and are you happy with fit? While I realize this is a far from perfect method, I can't help but feel it will at least get me into a closer ballpark than a total medium/large guess. TIA!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:08 am

We have some members who must use very high pressure settings. When reporting on leaks/no leaks, it might help them if you would mention the pressures being used. There can be a big difference between no leaks at 7.0 cm and what happens at 18.0 cm.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:20 am

Since I'm relative low pressure personally (8-10), my primary concern, least at this time is comfort/fit. But hopefully your post will create that awareness in other readers.

ZipZap

Post by ZipZap » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm

Are all 4 sizes in the Fit Pack?
S,M,MW,L

I can find no clear information on the fit pack.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm

ZipZap wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm
Are all 4 sizes in the Fit Pack?
S,M,MW,L

I can find no clear information on the fit pack.
With the Fit Pack mask packaging 4 cushions (1 of each size available) are included in the fit pack.
There is also going to be a mask packaging with just one cushion in whatever size you select.
So be careful and read product description carefully.
In the link to secondwindcpap.com....they note at their website that they are currently sold out of the Fit Pack packing...but more on order.
From secondwind.
The DreamWear Full Face CPAP System FitPack 1133400 Bundle contains one medium silicone frame, fabric wraps, headgear with 4 Full Face Cushions, (Small, Medium, and Large)
Not sure about any other websites. One that I found showed only the one cushion and you had to choose size.
It's really limited at the present time and just now hitting a few of the online retailers.

Edit...I did find this website showing the FitPack currently in stock. I know nothing about the website.
DreamWearFFMFitPack