Changed WiFi service

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Crushy

Changed WiFi service

Post by Crushy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm

If I change WiFi service do I need to update my new wifi information for my provider to access my account?

Jas_williams

Re: Changed WiFi service

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Crushy wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm
If I change WiFi service do I need to update my new wifi information for my provider to access my account?
That connection your machine uses is cellular and not WiFi so no need to tell your provider anything.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:06 am

Crushy wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm
To confirm, your cpap uses *cellular* not wifi.

Did you have to program your wifi passphrase into it when you got it?

You're surely not using an unsecured wifi, are you?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Crushy

Post by Crushy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:40 am

Yes, that was about 2 or 3 years ago.

Crushy

Post by Crushy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:19 am

Let me explain why I asked if I needed to update my wifi information. And yes, my wifi is secured.
I'm a VA patient, 20 years in the Navy. I have had major sleep issues from my first duty assignment where I worked a shift called "2-2-2-80" For years the VA has minized my sleep problems (lack of sleep).
I'm on my 3rd machine, a bipap this time. I've had it for about 3 years. The machine itself is wonderful. I breath much better, and to some degree I sleep better. Infact, I had a minor panic attack when the powcord broke and the VA said to would take a few weeks for a replacement to arrive - I went and purchased the replacement that day instead of waiting. Worth $110 out-of-pocket!!
To the point. Last week the VA sleep doc gleefully announced that I was curred. He held up a sheet of paper as eveidence of his successful treatment and resolution of my all my sleep issues. Problem, I was (as usual EXHAUSTED). As usual I had been up multiple times during the night. And as usual I was completely awake and unable to return to sleep at 2:30 am.
I don't know where he got that magical sheet of paper, but I can't believe it actually represented my night of sleep.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:28 am

Almost no one is 'cured' of apnea... only a handful who've either lost a huge amt of weight - i.e. 100 lbs - on their own or via surgery, and only a new sleep study can tell about those. You must find another doctor as the one you have is criminally stupid, and you need to sort out what's going on once and for all, including across the board testing for other potential problems (cardiac work-up, regular labs, thyroid, blood sugar, etc. etc). OSA isn't everything, and even if it is in your case you need to get things right. What happened last week in DC is very sad for all of you and I hope it doesn't affect you going forward.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am

CPAP, no matter how effective, is not a "cure." If it were "cure," you would be able to discontinue use without the return of the disease.

Thus, even if all your symptoms are gone and any risk associated with Sleep Apnea is known to be completely eliminated (this is not really "knowable"), you are not cured since the treatment needs to continue.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 am

As far as I know, they CPAP modems use the cell phone network (not your cell phone or your cell account) to communicate.

If you're running an app such as Dreammapper, then you might need to re-calibrate your Bluetooth.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:22 am

Ah...you were thinking maybe the doctor wasn't getting the full details because he holds up a report showing good therapy but you feel like crap.

Your Wifi carrier has nothing to do with the data the doctor got. The machine uses a cellular data transmission and WiFi is not involved at all. Even if you had no WiFi in your house...the machine would still transmit to the ResMed/Respironics (which ever brand you are using) cloud and that's where the doctor is getting his information.

If you feel like crap...either something isn't optimal with your therapy and having nice clean reports showing low AHI and stuff or maybe something else is the culprit for your feeling like crap...doesn't guarantee that you feel those good numbers.
To the doctor...he sees good numbers and thinks everything is all hunky dory...but to you things aren't so hunky dory.

You need to take a more proactive stance and be prepared to do some work yourself in an effort to figure out why you don't feel those good numbers the doctor is seeing.
Start with evaluating the detailed software reports..and then if nothing there you look for other factors that might be impacting sleep quality and how you feel.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Crushy

Post by Crushy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:44 am

Thank you. I really appreciate your input.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:15 am

Doctors make mistakes, If you have a pulse, you probably still have sleep apnea. Keep using your machine, and make them retest, this time make sure they get your name right. They lost my records 3 times in 4 years. Screwed up one lab test, by far not the most reliable on the block. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Personally, if one doesn't have to return (surrender) the machine to anyone and if it is paid for, I would ignore the doctors statement and continue with the machine on my own. Self management has been very good for many users here. I feel those who opt for that route get more out of learning more about optimizing their condition rather than giving in to the "compliance-centered" model of many doctors and DMEs.