New Respironics BiPAP S/T for sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CollectorThis

New Respironics BiPAP S/T for sale

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:47 am

Hello, I have a Respironics BiPAP S/T for sale. It has 0.0 hours on it. Asking $450 with free shipping.

I couldn't get images to load here so I posted them on Imgur - https://imgur.com/a/KBYok

Pugsy

Re: New Respironics BiPAP S/T for sale

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 am

How'd you come by that old dinosaur?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CollectorThis

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:18 am

I bought it at a yard sale in Bedrock this weekend.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:47 am

It's a dinosaur and a specialty dinosaur at that.
You will be better off on craigslist than here.
Your price is way too high and no one here will pay anything near your asking price due to model age...plus it's such a specialty machine the people who might actually need this kind of machine are really limited here. It's not a run of the mill cpap machine.

Forum members here....notorious tightwads...remember most of us already have not one but more than one machine.
We don't buy overpriced old dinosaurs even if they have zero hours on them.

Just how picky are we....most of us wouldn't want that machine if you offered to give it to us. Sorry...but that's the cold hard fact of life.

Do you use cpap yourself?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CollectorThis

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:45 am

I didn't ask for your opinion. I posted an item for sale, if you're not interested why waste our time? I'm soooo sorry that my item is soooo expensive even tho it's $250 cheaper than any other machine like it for sale online. Plus all those others have been well used.

Pathetic

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 am

Well....you may not have asked for my opinion but you get it anyway and I could have simply removed the post as I actually think it qualifies for spam which isn't allowed here.

I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt...and it doesn't matter what these machines might retail for online....doesn't mean that's what they will sell for and certainly won't sell for here.

So let me rethink this ...
first post here...and selling a machine and not using one since this wasn't your personal machine.
And wants to have an attitude about it.

Smelling more like spam all the time and most likely will go bye bye shortly.
I was actually trying to figure out if this was a real member selling personal equipment here or someone just using the forum as their personal craigslist...and I think I now have my answer.

CollectorThis

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:15 am

I've been a member for 4 years. Maybe it's the longest spam ever.

You asked me where I got " the old dinosaur" not because you were curious or interested but because you were trying to start drama and pull the ADMIN card.

All I did was post 1 item for sale in 4 years. Spam? Yeah ok.....

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am

CollectorThis wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:45 am
I didn't ask for your opinion. I posted an item for sale, if you're not interested why waste our time? I'm soooo sorry that my item is soooo expensive even tho it's $250 cheaper than any other machine like it for sale online. Plus all those others have been well used.

Pathetic
You're trying to sell an ancient hunk of junk for modern day prices, even though your junk is *AT LEAST* five generations old.... And then you're very rude.

You didn't ask for this either... so I'll just address it to anybody that doesn't know better.

Anybody looking at this item and thinking that it's good for you, the S/T machine is the old technology designed to attempt to treat central apnea, that's the T part in the name,.... timed.. if you don't take a breath, it'll deliver one after the time expires, however, it's a vastly INFERIOR technology to ASV, because it can't adjust the pressure to whatever is needed to adequately ventilate you when your central apnea kicks in. It just gives you whatever size breath you'd get normally, which means you either get over ventilated normally, or under ventilated when you have a central.

There's nothing auto about it, it's the brute force method of treatment....

I'd suggest you give it a pass, just based on the technology, skipping over the fact that this is huge, heavy, noisy, and very old, at a price that's probably being hiked way up by someone that's purely being opportunist.. (you know, buy it for a buck at a yard sale, and sees gold and riches).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:37 am

Well a member for 4 years is the only reason this post was allowed in the first place.
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's my job here to not allow spam and just because someone has been a member here forever doesn't mean they aren't here just to spam and sell something.

And the 1 and only post in 4 years...and it's a for sale post...and not even your personal machine but a yard sale find.
You have to admit it smells a bit spammy.

If you hadn't got an attitude with me publicly I wouldn't be so public with my response.

Innocent question that if I hadn't asked it...someone else would have because people here are just nosy.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 am

May be a four year member, but this is the first time to post anything since joining the forum.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

CollectorThis

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:54 am

Grandma died and this was hers. Looking them up I couldn't find one for less than $575 and that one was used. I listed this for sale asking $450 (asking) you 2 come along talking trash like I'm the devil. There are nicer ways to go about things.

Hey there, your unit is kind of old and out dated I doubt you will get $450 for it.

HEY YOUR UNIT IS A DINOSAUR NOBODY WANTS IT THROW IT AWAY SPAMMER
Last edited by CollectorThis on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CollectorThis

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:58 am

Okie bipap wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 am
May be a four year member, but this is the first time to post anything since joining the forum.
exactly.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 pm

CollectorThis wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:54 am

Geandma died and this was hers.

****This could be true I suppose, but at this point I doubt if anyone would believe you.

HEY YOUR UNIT IS A DINOSAUR NOBODY WANTS IT THROW IT AWAY SPAMMER

****Ditto.

Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

CollectorThis

Post by CollectorThis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 pm
CollectorThis wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:54 am

****This could be true I suppose, but at this point I doubt if anyone would believe you.
And why is that?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Sigh....

Sorry but with no post history here to glean anything about you ...and it really doesn't matter whose yard sale ...real or not.
We don't know you from Adam. Simple as that.
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and help you out and I spoke the truth about the machine more in an effort to help you accept it for what it was. Doesn't matter whose it was or hour many hours is on it....someone didn't use it for a decade at least.

And it is an old dinosaur and like it or not...no one here cares what any online prices might be and no one here is going to pay you anything remotely close to what you are asking....and like it or not probably no one here would want it if you gave it to them and paid shipping to them.

Accept it and move on.

You got it posted...I could have simply removed it before anyone ever saw it...no one but you or myself would have ever known about it. So I allowed it and tried to educate you about what to expect. You didn't like the truth but that doesn't change the truth.

I still think it smells spammy but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever I can...even if it is probably real spam sometimes someone just trying to use the forum as a classified ad.

You don't like the responses you get about it...that's your problem. Sometimes the truth hurts.
What I said was actually the nicer of the responses you are likely to get. Some of the others are a lot more blunt than I am.

So have at it guys and gals...I am outta here until I see where this is going and then maybe change my mind about allowing it to stay.