Dreamwear Full Face Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Dreamwear Full Face Mask

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Rubyslipperss wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:41 pm
I still have an indentation on my forehead from my mask (to be replaced tomorrow) and I haven’t used it for going on 2 months!
That tells me that mask was way too tight.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Ok, i'm still trying to figure out Sleepyhead. How is this one?

Attachments
04.14.2018.PNG
04.14.2018.PNG (159.5 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 pm

AirMech74 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm
Ok, i'm still trying to figure out Sleepyhead. How is this one?
Well done.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Zmartha wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm
I picked up that mask last Thursday. See my thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=170852
I can't tell you much about the sizing, especially if you have to order it.
My DME looked at me and decided on a medium by guessing, then decided to take the frame off the mouthpiece and put a small frame on the medium mouthpiece. Voila! (That might mean I have a big mouth.) :roll:
5 nites & 4 things I like about it.
1) No more wrestling with the hose!
2) Doesn't leak like the last one, a nasal pillows mask when turning from side to side.
3) My mouth isn't drying out.
4) No or little lines on face.
1) no more wresting with the hose. I've been wondering for YEARS why they wouldn't have a hose that is stationary on top like the Mirage I used a decade or so ago.

that to me would be the reason I might want to try it. I get to in May when I'm up for a mask change. That one, and if it doesn't work, I'll get the AirFit F20. loved that one during my sleep study.
USED to be on DreamStation..now on S9 VPAP ADAPT
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

barky2

Post by barky2 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm

My F20 has been bothering the bridge of my nose but is the only, of many, mask that doesnt leak. I was really counting on the Dreamwear FF to be the answer I have been waiting and hoping for but after a week I haven't been able to use it an entire night yet. Im not having leak problems but my problem is that I can't seem to get enough air when breathing through my nose. I am a side/stomach sleeper and I guess the way the nasal opening moves or squishes as I sleep and move OR from lying on the air hose/head gear on the side of my face I feel like I am not getting enough air.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu May 17, 2018 9:40 pm

I've used mine for five nights, now. So far, I really like it. I purchased the large cushion with the small and medium frame. I just picked up a fit pack to see if my wife likes it. If she doesn't, I'll keep it as a back up for me. I have be using the F20 for a little over a year. Prior to that, I used the Amara View. This mask is much more comfortable than the Amara View. I will have my wife try it tomorrow night and see how she likes it. She has been complaining that the F20 is rubbing red spots on the bridge of her nose.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Brett_Coon

Post by Brett_Coon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:05 am

barky2 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm
My F20 has been bothering the bridge of my nose but is the only, of many, mask that doesnt leak. I was really counting on the Dreamwear FF to be the answer I have been waiting and hoping for but after a week I haven't been able to use it an entire night yet. Im not having leak problems but my problem is that I can't seem to get enough air when breathing through my nose. I am a side/stomach sleeper and I guess the way the nasal opening moves or squishes as I sleep and move OR from lying on the air hose/head gear on the side of my face I feel like I am not getting enough air.
I'm in the same situation! F20 works very well, but iritates the bridge of my nose. So I'm trying Dreamwear FF (large frame, large mask). I also feel like it's hard to get enough air when I start. I'm also a side sleeper, and think the pillow side tube gets squashed and that restricts air flow. I tried increasing the ramp start pressure from 4 to 5, and that helped, but still felt like I was suffocating compared to the F20. I did manage to sleep one full night with the Dreamwear, but the frame tube made an impression on the pillow side of my face that lasted many hours. The frame is also pretty loud.

I'll try it a few more nights, but so far it's not looking good.

I previously tried the Amara View, which had a better tube arrangement, but even the large mask pushed the tip of my nose uncomfortably when I adjusted it tightly enough to not leak. I'm not having any leak problems with the Dreamwear.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:18 am

Brett_Coon wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:05 am
I'm in the same situation! F20 works very well, but iritates the bridge of my nose. So I'm trying Dreamwear FF (large frame, large mask). I also feel like it's hard to get enough air when I start. I'm also a side sleeper, and think the pillow side tube gets squashed and that restricts air flow. I tried increasing the ramp start pressure from 4 to 5, and that helped, but still felt like I was suffocating compared to the F20. I did manage to sleep one full night with the Dreamwear, but the frame tube made an impression on the pillow side of my face that lasted many hours. The frame is also pretty loud.

I'll try it a few more nights, but so far it's not looking good.

I previously tried the Amara View, which had a better tube arrangement, but even the large mask pushed the tip of my nose uncomfortably when I adjusted it tightly enough to not leak. I'm not having any leak problems with the Dreamwear.
Welcome to the forum.

Try increasing the ramp starting pressure to 6 cm and see if that helps with the air movement comfort issues.

Did you get the fleece wraps in your DreamWear package? Some packages come with the wraps included and some don't. They will help with the dents left by the frame on the face. Also helps with the sound issues a bit.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... bric-wraps
It would be relatively easy to do a DIY project and make your own with some nice soft cushy fleece scraps and some peel and stick velcro strips...use skinny strips.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Brett_Coon

Post by Brett_Coon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:07 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely try higher starting pressures. Part of my challenge is that I'm an insomniac, so I often spend a long time lying in bed contemplating all the things keeping me awake, and thus anything making the CPAP more noticeable is a challenge. This includes higher pressure and mask noise. I've only been doing CPAP since June, so I'm still getting used to this whole breathing under pressure thing...

Those fleece wraps look like a good idea. I'll give them (or a DIY equivalent) a try.

And I'll also try to add my equipment to my profile one of these days. But in the meantime, I'm using a ResMed Autosense 10, mostly with an F20 FF mask. Pressure range is set to 7-13. SleepyHead says it's working great.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Brett_Coon wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:07 am
And I'll also try to add my equipment to my profile one of these days.
There is no "try", there is only "do".

Do it now.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Brett_Coon

Post by Brett_Coon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:47 pm

OK Yoda, I did it.

I also tried (I keep using that word) increasing ramp pressure to start at 6 cm, but I still felt airflow was too restrictive with the Dreamwear. I definitely feel the increased pressure, but that doesn't translate into unrestricted breathing. It's like if you imagine wearing a full-head pressure dome but with a sock stuffed in your mouth: extra pressure would be noticeable, but wouldn't really eliminate the sock problem.

I'm starting to believe this is just a fundamental "feature" of the Dreamwear: the flat frame tubes have less cross-sectional area than the main CPAP tube, particularly when side-sleeping causes the pillow-side tube to close (I don't find breathing restricted when on my back, just when I side sleep). I think it's particularly problematic for me, because I'm using the large frame that has longer tubes but appear to have the same diameter as the medium frame. And I'm a big guy, so my breathing presumably moves more air than a smaller person.

So it's looking more and more like the Dreamwear is going back and I'll just stick with F20. Other than this issue, though, I like the convenience of the air hose connecting at the top of my head, and the Dreamwear FF mask was pretty comfortable and leak-free. Back sleepers and those less sensitive to my issue will likely have good luck with it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Brett_Coon wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:47 pm
OK Yoda, I did it.
Only, you put the wrong one in. You don't have the CPAP model, if you've got a range of pressures. The CPAP is the dumb, single pressure brick. Look for a entry in the equipment list that matches what's on the front lower right of your machine.

Brett_Coon

Post by Brett_Coon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm
Only, you put the wrong one in. You don't have the CPAP model, if you've got a range of pressures. The CPAP is the dumb, single pressure brick. Look for a entry in the equipment list that matches what's on the front lower right of your machine.
Oops. I saw the "Airsense" machines near the top of the selection list and tried to pick the closest match, but didn't scroll down far enough to see (what I think is) my model in the 'R' section listed as "ResMed Airsense". Weird. I might add that the one I picked still has "CPAP" in its name, and in fact none of the choices exactly match the front of my machine:
https://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resm ... 02_B2B.png

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Brett_Coon wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm
Oops. I saw the "Airsense" machines near the top of the selection list and tried to pick the closest match, but didn't scroll down far enough to see (what I think is) my model in the 'R' section listed as "ResMed Airsense". Weird. I might add that the one I picked still has "CPAP" in its name, and in fact none of the choices exactly match the front of my machine:
https://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resm ... 02_B2B.png
There are four airsense models:

CPAP
Elite
AutoSet
AutoSet For Her

I'm not fond of them changing the name of their junk model from 'escape to "CPAP", since they're all somewhat, cpaps, and that's a confusing thing. Respironics did the same annoying thing though. iirc, they did it *after* Resmed...

biztraveler

Post by biztraveler » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I am a first time CPAP user. Yesterday, I received a DreamStation w/ humidifier and a DreamWear Full Face Mask. I have two questions:

1. Sizing: The mask was a size medium, as was the frame. When trying to sleep last night and breathing through my nose, it felt like I was trying to breathe through plastic. I loosened the straps on either side and it didn't seem to alleviate the issue. In the packaging, there was a piece of paper used for measuring the size of the nose, which gave me a medium. Do I need to try a larger frame? Larger cushion?

2. Sleeping position: I've been a stomach sleeper for as long as I can remember. This doesn't seem compatible with this mask. When I sleep on my side, the tube on the pillow side gets pinched. Should I be worried about that, or will the machine compensate? Can I only really sleep on my back with this?