Cheapest place to buy supplies in canada?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SrDrowsy

Cheapest place to buy supplies in canada?

Post by SrDrowsy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Just curious as to what the cheapest and best website is to buy supplies in canada.

DavidY

Re: Cheapest place to buy supplies in canada?

Post by DavidY » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:14 pm

I have ordered CPAP supplies like masks and replacement parts successfully from CPAPoutlet, MonsterCPAP and most recently from CPAPmachines (awaiting arrival). No issues with the first two...awaiting an order from the third (shipped that same day). I'm in Alberta. All three are from Ontario I think. Free expedited shipping with orders over $99-$125.

Amazon Canada is also worth checking out.

Papsmart has low prices for some items (their CPAP machines in particular), no personal experience however.

Dave

Paul_H

Post by Paul_H » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:36 pm

It's worth checking out a few sites. I've discovered that some things are cheaper on one site, other things are cheaper on another site.

I myself have used mainly https://canadacpapsupply.com/, with no complaints, and good prices for most items.

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Paul_H wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:36 pm
It's worth checking out a few sites. I've discovered that some things are cheaper on one site, other things are cheaper on another site.

I myself have used mainly https://canadacpapsupply.com/, with no complaints, and good prices for most items.
They are out of Florida. Have you ever been dinged for duties or brokerage fees?

Dave

Paul_H

Post by Paul_H » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi Dave:

I know they're out of Florida, but I've never been dinged for duties or brokerage fees. They're always marked "Medical Supplies," or something similar, and maybe those are exempt.

Paul

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Paul_H wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 pm
Hi Dave:

I know they're out of Florida, but I've never been dinged for duties or brokerage fees. They're always marked "Medical Supplies," or something similar, and maybe those are exempt.

Paul
Thanks Paul.

Dave

Danceswithpike

Post by Danceswithpike » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:35 pm

If you have extra, personal insurance in Canada (blue cross, group medical), they will not reimburse you for an American purchase. You also need to know exactly what you want, as there is no 30 Day mask warranty on an online purchase, as they don’t size you up. Some people run out of their garages.

I know it’s cheaper, but no service. Kinda is a bit easier on the wallet, but you wear this thing for 1/3 of your life from now on. Spend the extra money to get the service for Christmas sakes! Companies let you download your SD Cards for free, to report your usage and effectiveness and trending of your therapy. Geez!

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:11 pm

I've used them recently with no trouble at all.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Not everyone has health insurance ...so no restrictions as to where someone buys something.
Not everyone has doctor or DME who really wants to help for free with downloads or whatever.

Once someone finds a mask that they like and want to continue using there is no need to spend twice the money for something that they already know how to use nor need help with and don't have insurance to help them out with the cost.
Makes sense to buy from whatever source is the cheapest because no other service is needed from that provider. You pay for a service one way or the other.

As always...do the math and factor in shipping and exchange rates if buying from a US supplier and you live outside the US.
So cost effectiveness or savings depends on multiple factors and what the person needs.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:22 pm

The last place quoted (CSC) quotes in Can. $ if you ask them.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Danceswithpike wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:35 pm
If you have extra, personal insurance in Canada (blue cross, group medical), they will not reimburse you for an American purchase. ....
That depends entirely on who your insurance is with and quite possibly also on the group plan that you or your employer is paying for. My insurance pays 100% and it doesn't matter whether I buy in USA or Canada.
I'm workin' on it.

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 am

My insurance pays 100%. A new machine every 5 years and a new mask every 6 months. Not sure if they will cover online purchases Canada or the US. Everything else is out of my pocket.

Dave