I'm pretty excited

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pandatx

I'm pretty excited

Post by pandatx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 am

I might be jumping the gun but I finally...finally...feel some hope that I can adjust to CPAP!

I was diagnosed about 5 years ago while also going through some thyroid issues. I have tried and tried to adjust to using CPAP and just couldn't do it. I could not get past feeling like I was suffocating. Since then I have tried, off an on, at various times and with a multitude of masks and it never clicked with me. So eventually I stopped trying.

Recently, though, my husband started asking me to try again. So I did. I could get to about 2-3 hours with it before ripping off my mask so I could get some actual sleep. Last week, though, something changed. I ordered yet another mask. I had been using nasal pillows but this time I ordered the Wisp Nasal Mask. While I still do not love my CPAP machine and I do wake up multiple times in the night, I have been able to increase my time using it each night. And also to go back to sleep still using the mask. So ...last night...I kept it on for 7 hours!!! And my AHI was only .88.

I feel really excited and hopeful. I feel like if I can stick with the current discomfort and just get used to it, this might actually work for me.

Thanks for reading, if you've made it this far. I just wanted to share with people who would "get it" :) .

kteague

Re: I'm pretty excited

Post by kteague » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 am

Yes, we "get it". What's the old saying - nothing beats a failure but a try? Congrats on reaching this point and being willing to try again.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 am

Congratulations. I am very happy for you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rubyslipperss

Post by Rubyslipperss » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

Congrats! Some people seem to have a harder time adjusting than others. When I first started using my machine 11 years ago I had no problems at all. Now, after nearly 2 months of non use since my old machine died and fighting with a incompetent doctors office staff, my new CPAP will be here today. The new machines are so different from the old ones and I am really excited to get it!

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks you guys. This is just the first time that I have had real hope of this working for me. I’m crossing my fingers that it just keeps getting better :)

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Last night I keot it on for 8 hours. I woke up several times when the mask moved and started leaking but I didn’t take it off. I am tired today though from waking up so often.