Possible solution for that annoying front exhaust on Philips mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sluggish

Possible solution for that annoying front exhaust on Philips mask

Post by Sluggish » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm

A small piece of a Resmed S10 filter cut and inserted into the port from the back side.

Before I volunteer myself as the guinea pig, has anyone ever tried this??

Pro's? Cons? Thoughts?

(just a guy trying to get some sleep over here)
Attachments
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG (90.8 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

Pugsy

Re: Possible solution for that annoying front exhaust on Philips mask

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm

I did it with the DreamWear gel pillows just to see if it would stay in place and diffuse the venting.

I did NOT sleep with it but not because I was afraid to. For me it didn't diffuse the vented air enough for me to want to try it. It was also difficult to keep the piece of filter in place but I finally got it fairly stable and I was really disappointed that the vented air really didn't seem like it was all that diffused to me.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:32 pm

I'd put the filter material on the outside... that's basically what F&P does with their diffused masks.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:36 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:32 pm
I'd put the filter material on the outside... that's basically what F&P does with their diffused masks.
Yeah .. don't risk it the other way ...

Sluggish

Post by Sluggish » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 pm

palerider wrote:
I tried putting it over the hole on the outside but the only way to attach it is with tape of which I tried 4 different types and none would stick to the rubber material.

If you look at the hole from the inside you can see that it actually has a little port that you can insert the filter into and it stays in there pretty good.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 am

Sluggish wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 pm
palerider wrote:
I tried putting it over the hole on the outside but the only way to attach it is with tape of which I tried 4 different types and none would stick to the rubber material.

If you look at the hole from the inside you can see that it actually has a little port that you can insert the filter into and it stays in there pretty good.
Feel free to try, but putting a diffuser *before* the hole probably own't do anything, as Pugsy reported.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sluggish

Post by Sluggish » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:16 am

It’s not “before” the hole it’s actually IN the hole. And it worked amazingly until it became dislodged at some point. In the morning it was just floating around inside the cushion. I may try a slightly larger piece of filter in order to make it hold better but I fear that by having the filter too dense it will not allow any air through at all. But then again, I question if that port is even needed at all considering there is another one up at the top by the hose.

cpap626

Post by cpap626 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:00 am

I would be afraid that the filter would fly inside my nose and down my lungs at night. You could probably hot glue a filter to the outside and that would stick.