Very low blood pressure at night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Very low blood pressure at night

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 pm

moonboots wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:22 pm
Fair enough I don’t think I could feel much worse anyway so I will give it a go tonight at 8 as you previously recommended, I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully I’m an improved man tomorrow, cheers
Don't expect miracles overnight, like many people, it may take you time to get used to the new "normal"... Some have instant success, many don't.

The fact is, you're experiencing higher pressures during the night, you're just psyching yourself out... Plus, sometimes, getting the min high enough keeps the pressure from rollercoastering as high when it starts that up and down thing that you can see on your pressure charts.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm

I will post the results tomorrow you can tell me what you think, I know not to expect miracles. I appreciate the help and patience this is all new to me

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 pm

moonboots wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm
I will post the results tomorrow you can tell me what you think, I know not to expect miracles. I appreciate the help and patience this is all new to me
I understand the fear, I just don't have patience to deal with a lot of resistance, so I just back off till someone is more receptive...

I mean, I'm happy if you get better, that's why I do this, but I'm no longer going to try to figuratively drag someone, kicking and screaming to improvement. :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 am

Here is last nights chart, it’s was a rough night , I was up a lot, not feeling great this morning, any thoughts ?
Attachments
0203F5C1-CD45-409D-B620-F7C8F7BD59B5.png
0203F5C1-CD45-409D-B620-F7C8F7BD59B5.png (142.31 KiB) Viewed 861 times

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:39 am

Can you define "rough night" in more detail please?
"Up a lot"......does this mean awake often and for prolonged periods of time laying in bed or actually up out of bed?

Can you omit the snore graph and show the leak graph?

Did the leaks wake you up?
If you had trouble going to sleep and staying asleep....any idea why?

If you slept poorly last night and had a lot of wake ups and tossing and turning....doesn't surprise me at all that you don't feel so great this morning. There's a lot more to feeling the good numbers than just getting them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:47 am

I’m at work so can’t post the graph till later, rough night means up to the toilet 3 or 4 times at least ,I don’t think any leaks woke me up ,I woke up with headache and tired,I leave the machine on when I get up to toilet and just take the mask off , I’m not sure if this shows up as leaks ? I have no problem going to sleep or getting back to sleep after going to the toilet.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 am

The spikes in leak which end up being the large leak flags could be when you removed the mask to go pee and just let the machine run.
Tonight try just turning the machine off when you get up.

I think you really need to be talking to your doctor about the nocturia....it's not normal to get up and pee so much and it's obvious that untreated OSA isn't the cause (your reports looks great in terms of OSA prevention).

There are many causes of nocturia besides OSA and I wouldn't accept anyone telling me that "this is just the way it is" until I had ruled out all other potential culprits.
Google "overactive bladder"...there's a medication for that and the fact that you report often having to go pee during the day makes me suspect it.

Also Google the causes for nocturia itself...other health conditions can also be a factor.

Your sleep quality is in the toilet because of the nocturia and you aren't going to feel very good until you get your sleep quality improved.
When you have to get up so often it totally trashes the normal sleep architecture where you get the normal progression into the various sleep stages and the needed percent of time in each sleep stage. I suspect not enough deeper sleep or REM sleep where the restorative powers of sleep work their magic.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:10 am

I have been to a urologist and everything is fine, everyone else has been ruled out over the last 10 years,when I put the minimum pressure down to 6 I only wake once or twice which make me belive it is connected to my sleep apnea . I will look up nocturia. Thanks for your input

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:19 am

If you sleep better using the minimum pressure of 6....then use it. Your report wasn't horrible at minimum of 6. There was a lot of pressure movement but if you slept through it and feel better....then use it.

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:23 am

Thanks pugsy, Im trying higher pressure on paleriders advice so I’m waiting on him getting back to me later. It’s a work in progress.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:33 am

Yeah, I know he suggest more pressure (he is often more aggressive with his ideas than I would tend to be) and I understand why but in your situation I think I would go back to the 6 cm and give yourself some time to get some decent sleep quality without so many wake ups and then maybe increase the pressure but do it slowly in smaller increments if you feel the need.
I wouldn't have suggested changing from 6 cm to 8 cm especially when you already said that 6.8 cm caused a problem with sleep quality.
There was no urgent dire need in your situation. Sometimes there is an urgent need for more pressure but sometimes it's a less pressing need and that's what I felt in your situation.
Most people will sleep better with less pressure movements throughout the night but there are always a few people who don't follow the norm. This is why so much of this cpap therapy stuff comes with a YMMV sticker.

There wasn't a critical need for more pressure in your situation and if it's making sleep quality worse....back up and regroup and rethink things.

Your choice but you aren't ever going to feel better when you have multiple wake ups for any reason. Trust me...I speak from experience.
It's called sleep maintenance insomnia which is where we have trouble staying asleep. We wake up often for any number of reasons and if we remember several of them then I am betting there are more that we don't remember.

Question about the pee breaks....are you waking with a painfully full bladder so that the full bladder is causing the wake up or is it more of a general wake up for some unknown reason and you think you might as well get up and pee type of thing but you don't pee all that much?

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:38 am

Not a painful or full bladder just feel the need to pee when I wake up.

knothead

Post by knothead » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 am

Hello moonboots,

Have you tried to cut liquid intake about 2-3 hours before bed? That helped me a bunch, now I just take a sip to satisfy my need for water before bed...doesn't hurt a thing. Also if your a beer drinker stop that way before bed...good luck with this.

moonboots

Post by moonboots » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:46 am

Yea I even tried stopping drinking liquids from midday , made no difference

knothead

Post by knothead » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 am

moonboots wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:46 am
Yea I even tried stopping drinking liquids from midday , made no difference
You may need your bladder scoped just to be sure nothing in there causing the sensation of having to pee, or maybe a sonogram...just a thought.