ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
raisedfist

Re: ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

Post by raisedfist » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am

I wonder if you set the machine to "nasal pillow" or "nasal" mask. :?

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 am

raisedfist wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am
Pillow.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 am

raisedfist wrote:
Since it is not a pillow style mask, I would use Nasal setting. Like a Bravida and others.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:13 am

I have a habit of buying new masks when they come out. Well over 14 now. But this one I will pass on for now. I would consider it as a replacement for the P10 I keep in my travel cpap case. But the only advantage I see is the adjustable headgear. Like Pugsy mentioned, I might just buy a headstrap and see about fitting that to the P10!

Once you get used to a top mount hose, it is really hard to put up with a front mount hose. Not having to deal with the hose at all the whole night is at least 2-4 less wake ups for me. Good sleep is what this is all about!
Last edited by realshelby on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:31 am

realshelby wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 am
raisedfist wrote:
Since it is not a pillow style mask, I would use Nasal setting. Like a Bravida and others.
Resmed user guide explicitly says "pillows."

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 am

slowriter wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:31 am
realshelby wrote:
raisedfist wrote:
ResMed has suggested "pillows" for all of their newer (non-fullface) for a long time now, including masks that are clearly nasal, such as the N20.

Thats setting is really no longer a mask style setting.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Has anyone tried this mask yet?

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:39 pm

raisedfist wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:51 pm
I don't think many people here in the US have had a chance to get this mask unless they were part of a trial group or something.
CPAP.com showed it hopefully to ship 10/22 and if it went out on the 22nd anyone buying it immediately would just now be getting it.

I won't be trying it myself unless later on down the road it ends up in a donations box from someone. Just doesn't trip my trigger and I have more important stuff to spend my money on right now. It will be 3 months before my DME even gets it...they are notoriously slow on stocking any new mask.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:41 pm

raisedfist wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:51 pm
I received one yesterday, and tried it last night.

Looking for an alternative/backup to the Bleep, which is my main mask, and haven't yet found one I'm happy with.

It's really comfortable and quiet, but I didn't sleep that well. Not surprisingly, the cushion isn't (or at least doesn't feel) as stable as, say, the Dreamwear; I think that's probably what distracted me. But my leak rate was fine; even good.

Only one night though.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:36 pm

I have the p10 with the pillow cushion which I like, do you think I could just change the strap that is on the n30 and keep my pillow cushions.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm

realshelby wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:13 am
I have a habit of buying new masks when they come out. Well over 14 now. But this one I will pass on for now. I would consider it as a replacement for the P10 I keep in my travel cpap case. But the only advantage I see is the adjustable hose. Like Pugsy mentioned, I might just buy a headstrap and see about fitting that to the P10!

Once you get used to a top mount hose, it is really hard to put up with a front mount hose. Not having to deal with the hose at all the whole night is at least 2-4 less wake ups for me. Good sleep is what this is all about!
I'm just the opposite. I hate the top hose mount. My hair gets tangled in it. I much prefer the front hose of my N20.
Ymmv sticker definitely belongs on mask choices.

ragtopcircus

Post by ragtopcircus » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 am
slowriter wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:31 am
realshelby wrote:
raisedfist wrote:
ResMed has suggested "pillows" for all of their newer (non-fullface) for a long time now, including masks that are clearly nasal, such as the N20.

Thats setting is really no longer a mask style setting.
For both Resmed and Respironics, that setting is really about airflow characteristics (pressure drop and leak rate) more than style per se. It would have made for sense to split it in to two explicit settings: mask pressure drop (at some reference flow rate) and mask vent rate (at some reference pressure). Combining them into one setting is kind of cumbersome. Resmed publishes the data for both in their mask manuals, albeit at inconsistent reference levels.

However, it does seem like they have kind of settled on rates that work, and design to that when creating new masks.

The labels themselves seem somewhat obsolete. If Resmed says that the flow characteristics of a new nasal mask most closely resemble previous pillow masks, I’d go with that.

Past nasal masks did have more a a chamber like a mini version of a face mask. In that sense, the N30 is probably closer to behaving like a pillow mask - by design.

silver123

Post by silver123 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Quick review, the N30 I ordered arrived yesterday. I've been using the N30i so this is an easy crossover. It's very, very quiet with the diffuser and cuts the amount of air being exhausted from the mask as with the P10, though to me it seems quieter. The pillow are comfy and for me, fit well using a medium, same as what I have been using. Leak rate was down 50% and AHI was right where it should be. I'm a side sleeper so it seemed more stable than the N30i for some reason though. Pillows are an easy on and off and are the same basic structure as the N30i but not exchangeable as far as I can see. You gotta make sure you get the right size to fit. The tube going down rather than on the top of the head will take a little getting used to. I like having the lighter frame on my cheeks rather than the frame sides with air being delivered through them.The whole thing is light and for me, very stable. The adjustable head strap is a great addition and should should fit most folks unless your head is super big. Replacement parts include pillows and the head strap for now. I'd like it if the bottom part with the diffuser and tube would become available.

Any one else trying this out? What are you experiencing?
Don't be afraid to go out on a limb.
That's where the fruit is.
- H. Jackson Browne

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:06 pm

I tried it again last night, and the things that bothered me a little the first night (see above), didn't the second.

My leak rates were a lot higher than on my Bleep, but then again those are usually 0, or close to it. And I wasn't really aware of the leaks, so maybe they don't matter.

I'll try it another night or two before deciding whether to return.

chriml

Post by chriml » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:28 am

Hi I just got the same mask last night f was the first night. I didn't sleep well at all and tossed and turned. I love the lightweight of the mask and I really want this mask to work. I have always had a full nasal mask so this cushion is very different. The clip also bothers my head in the morning . It also looks so flimsy so I'm nervous about that and wasting 100 dollars. Any Suggestions Thank you