resmed F20 question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lou Cypher

resmed F20 question

Post by Lou Cypher » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 pm

I have recently lost a lot of weight

The medium is a bit too short and before the night is over it is shoved up on my the bottom of my mouth.

The large is a bit too large and it eventually leaks out the right lower corner , if it tighten that , it leaks out the left lower corner.

I have them so tight I have marks in my face most of the day....

I have tried chin straps underneath and that creates a whole new bunch of problems.... ( not to mention I tried taping the mouth too....)

Any help would be appreciated.

I can't find any other full face that comes this close to working for me.

Sheriff Buford

Re: resmed F20 question

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:47 am

Are you filling the cushion with air when you put the mask on? No mask should be real tight. Snug.... yes. If you fill the cushion with air, the mask will feel somewhat better against your face. I will put the mask on but not connect the lower straps. I then start the machine allowing the cushion to fill with air, then attach the bottom straps. A little air may blow out the sides of the mask while connecting the straps.

See if this helps.

Sheriff

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:30 am

I will try this.....

with the little air blowing out the sides ...does this still happen after connecting the bottom straps.... that is ok to leak ???

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:46 am

No... you shouldn't have any air blowing out the sides. The mask should seal the air in. Let me know if the air blows out when you inflate the cushion.

Sheriff

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:06 am

After trying several FF masks, I have found that masks with the forehead support are the most stable...especially for people that move around at night. Personally I think the F&P Simplus and Vitera fit that description.

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:46 am
No... you shouldn't have any air blowing out the sides. The mask should seal the air in. Let me know if the air blows out when you inflate the cushion.

Sheriff
It did again last night.... but I will say it takes about an hour and then it leaks again... sometimes I just reach over and turn it off and then back on again...kind of like a snooze button...LOL

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Sun May 02, 2021 6:59 pm

Lou Cypher wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 pm
Sheriff Buford wrote:

Sheriff
It did again last night.... but I will say it takes about an hour and then it leaks again... sometimes I just reach over and turn it off and then back on again...kind of like a snooze button...LOL
Check to make sure that you don't have any hose leaks or humidifier leaks.
I had a time when I kept waking up with air blowing hard, and out of the sides of my mask. It turned out to be due to a leaking hose. The machine would try to compensate by taking the pressure up to 20. Once I replaced the hose, no more issues.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

KingSnore

Post by KingSnore » Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm

The way this topic is going I feel like here would be a good place to ask something.

My pressure is so high. Was set at 15 and then recently I've been doing the home titration and when it ends I expect it'll set me at 17-17.5 or so. I wonder about mask tightness too because particularly during any sort of halfway pleasant exhalation I attempt, there will be leakage. Is that okay, exhalation leakage? I don't see too many large leaks in the OSCAR stuff, and I want to avoid over tightening. But this has been an issue for me no matter what mask I've dealt with.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon May 03, 2021 3:43 am

Your machine can compensate for small leaks. A resmed will compensate up to 24L. Also, as long as the leak rate doesn't wake you up... you're good.

Sheriff

Grenin

Post by Grenin » Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Are you using the memory foam cushion type for this mask? I found that really helped with my leak issues(I tend to move quite a bit during the night).

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Grenin wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm
Are you using the memory foam cushion type for this mask? I found that really helped with my leak issues(I tend to move quite a bit during the night).
Agree! I originally started with the AirFit F20, which has the silicone cushion. It was ok, but I had some leak and fit issues.
I switched to the AirTouch F20 which is a foam mask. It was much easier to get a good fit and seal. The downside is that it will need to be replaced more often.
While they recommend 30 days, I can sometimes get 60-90 days on these. For me, it's worth the extra expense for the comfort and better seal.
They both use exactly the same frame and headgear, so if you want to try foam, you can order just the cushion.
They can be found online for about $25 most of the time.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Thu May 06, 2021 6:28 am

Grenin wrote:
yes i am

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 am

jsmit86 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Lou Cypher wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 pm
Sheriff Buford wrote:

Sheriff
Check to make sure that you don't have any hose leaks or humidifier leaks.
I had a time when I kept waking up with air blowing hard, and out of the sides of my mask. It turned out to be due to a leaking hose. The machine would try to compensate by taking the pressure up to 20. Once I replaced the hose, no more issues.
Thanks for this but I changed those and still have the issue.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 06, 2021 7:56 am

Lou Cypher wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:28 am
Grenin wrote:
yes i am
How old is the memory foam cushion? When did you change it for a new cushion last?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.