Nasal Aire II replacement tubing?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
graygables

Nasal Aire II replacement tubing?

Post by graygables » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 pm

It's been a long time since I've been around, but this board was a Godsend when I started my CPAP journey. I adore my Nasal Aire II rig, but am in need of just the tubing. I don't use the headgear at all, have a fairly new prong, but the tubing has gotten hard. Rather not spend the $$ on a new set-up, just looking for some generic silicone tubing and wondering if anyone has had any luck.

6PtStar

Re: Nasal Aire II replacement tubing?

Post by 6PtStar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 am

I love my NAII also. Know what you are talking about, I just changed my hoses because they got hard and started hurting when I would lay on them. I have not found anything to replace them. All the other parts (headgear, cannula) can be bought seperately but have never seen the hoses listed, really wish they were. I suspect that if you could find some surgial tubing that would fit it would not work very well. Thye NAII hoses are preformed to curve around the ears and around the face to the cannula. Surgical tubing is soft and might colapse.

Babette told me that if she boiled the hoses they would get soft again. I have never tried it. Someome else told me it did get soft but as soon as it got cold, they would get hard again but I don't know, you might try it. My wife made me some flannel covers for the hoses and they last almost 3 times longer because it keeps the skin oils off the hoses. Pad-A-Cheek makes some for the hoses in front where they go to the cannula. Dont know if she would make them to go all the way around the ears. I use just the head band part of the headgear so it is not an option for me.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

graygables

Post by graygables » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks for the reply. On closer examination, I don't think a replacement tubing would work on the swivel section. It looks to be a single piece at that juncture. My rig is pretty simple...I put a velour headband on and pull it down around my neck, place the cannula, with the tubes stuck together with a velcro loop at the top of my head, then pull up the headband across my forehead. I do have fleece covers I made for the tubes, so the whole thing is soft. It's the best of both worlds, top of head placement that I like (no tube-wrestling) and the velour/fleece combo keeps it in place very well. I've also recently added a sleep mask along with the velour as I'm working 3rd shift now, so that gives a bit more secure fit as well.

I think I'll just have to suck it up and order a new set. The tubes have lasted me 3 years, so I guess I can't complain. Maybe I can trade away the sizes I don't need and be set forEVER for the prongs!!!

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 am

Wow, 3 years is a long time. I get about a year on my hoses before they get hard. Yours may be a bit older than most of mine are but mine are just two simple hoses where they attach to the swivel not a single piece. I saved several swivels when the hoses had to go. There used to be a fairly good trading circle on cannulas on the board but since Babette found a BF and quit posting I have not seen much activity lately. I did trade of most of what I had for my Medium size I use. If you don't use the Medium I still have several other sizes and might be interested in trading if I have you size. There are several sets of the all size kits on cpapauction running around $59/$69, a little cheaper that the normal $100.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am

6PtStar wrote:since Babette found a BF and quit posting
I was wondering what happened to Babette. Good for her.
jeff

regularg0nz0

Post by regularg0nz0 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:57 am

I ordered some surgical tubing and it's a really good flexible replacement for the stock tubing.

link removed by moderator

It doesn't collapse easily, but it's a little more difficult to maintain tension. For me, it's a fine trade-off. The stock tubing was causing painful pressure-sores on the side of my head,

edit by moderator to same product minus the referral part of the link so no one gets paid if someone clicks on the link and decides to purchase the product.
same product
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M7KWMQ/

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 am

PM sent

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Zombie thread alert.

Post resurrected by someone with a link to a product on Amazon that might or might not work for the Nasal Air II tubing replacement.

Not many people using this mask but left it just in case it helps someone out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm
Zombie thread alert.

Post resurrected by someone with a link to a product on Amazon that might or might not work for the Nasal Air II tubing replacement.

Not many people using this mask but left it just in case it helps someone out.
Pugsy, please remove their referral from the link. They do not need to get paid for purchases from here. Try this generic link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M7KWMQ/

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:20 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:15 pm
Pugsy, please remove their referral from the link. They do not need to get paid for purchases from here. Try this generic link.
Good idea....it smelled spammy to me but I couldn't put my finger on why....consider it done.
And a mental note to self to watch the new account.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.