Rescan 3.10 - Screen shots & Clinicians manual

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JStaggie

Re: Rescan 3.10 - Screen shots & Clinicians manual

Post by JStaggie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:22 am

The FAQ section on the Resmed site specifically says that the S9 is compatible with airplane power supplies. I'd possible, however, that this applies only to the 30W CPAP only power adapter and not the 90W CPAP + Humidifier adapter. It doesn't say.

It does explicitly state the a humidifier should not be used onboard an aircraft.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:23 pm

billbolton wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:I'm hearing that....
Where from?

Cheers,

Bill
Bill

From a friend on a cpap forum in the UK that said he had called Resmed and was told so.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:From a friend on a cpap forum in the UK that said he had called Resmed and was told so.
So, its just hearsay then.....

Cheers,

Bill

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 pm

billbolton wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:From a friend on a cpap forum in the UK that said he had called Resmed and was told so.
So, its just hearsay then.....

Cheers,

Bill
Good guess Bill, when i said "I'm hearing that" it is in fact hearsay

This is an internet forum, please consult your doctor/Resmed/Airline for the facts before traveling with your S9. And then maybe you could share but that would be hearsay ....

Disco

Post by Disco » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 am

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Disco on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:And then maybe you could share but that would be hearsay ....

Fact, not hearsay, looks like this....
  • 90W power supply unit Input range: 100–240V; 50–60Hz; 110V, 400Hz nominal for aircraft use;
    70W (80VA) (typical power consumption); 110W (120VA) (maximum
    power consumption)
    30W power supply unit Input range: 100–240V; 50–60Hz; 110V, 400Hz nominal for aircraft use;
    20W (30VA) (typical power consumption); 36W (75VA) (maximum
    power consumption)

From S9 Clinical Manual, page 26

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 pm

billbolton wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:And then maybe you could share but that would be hearsay ....

Fact, not hearsay, looks like this....
  • 90W power supply unit Input range: 100–240V; 50–60Hz; 110V, 400Hz nominal for aircraft use;
    70W (80VA) (typical power consumption); 110W (120VA) (maximum
    power consumption)
    30W power supply unit Input range: 100–240V; 50–60Hz; 110V, 400Hz nominal for aircraft use;
    20W (30VA) (typical power consumption); 36W (75VA) (maximum
    power consumption)

From S9 Clinical Manual, page 26
Yes the facts are now out. I wonder if that power range and rating was the same as on S8?
Last edited by Uncle_Bob on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandmanvnvmc

Post by Sandmanvnvmc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:18 pm

New to all of this, in fact this will be my first night with any machine, now joing the ranks of the hose heads!!. I have teh s9 with slim line hose but will be receiving the heated hose in a day or two when the supplier receives them. I'm curious about the 3.10 software, where can I get it and do I need a card reader or if my comouter reads sd cards is that good enough? My therapest was also curious after I brought it up if I could email her the data or does she need to have the physical card?
All this , and I haven't even slept with the thing yet, looks like I could play a CD in it though, lol
Sandman

Laos Film Director

Post by Laos Film Director » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Could you please let us know how the heated hose works? I'm thinking of getting one.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Sandmanvnvmc wrote:New to all of this, in fact this will be my first night with any machine, now joing the ranks of the hose heads!!. I have teh s9 with slim line hose but will be receiving the heated hose in a day or two when the supplier receives them. I'm curious about the 3.10 software, where can I get it and do I need a card reader or if my comouter reads sd cards is that good enough? My therapest was also curious after I brought it up if I could email her the data or does she need to have the physical card?
All this , and I haven't even slept with the thing yet, looks like I could play a CD in it though, lol
Sandman
Hi and welcome to the ranks and this forum I also sent you a private message so please check. The S9 uses a standard SD which can be read in SD card readers built into PCs. If you have a USB card reader you may have some driver issues.
You are lucky to have a doctor who you communicate via email. The software will allow you to generate a report in .pdf format which you can email. You can customize the report to include just a summary or all the detailed charts.

Here is a link to the clinicians guide which you may or may not get with your machine. This allows you to customize the settings on your own machine without relying on the doctors office. In other words it allows you to become your own therapist

viewtopic/t50248/S9-AutoSet-amp-Elite-C ... -link.html

Good luck

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Laos Film Director wrote:Could you please let us know how the heated hose works? I'm thinking of getting one.
See the clinical manual in my previous post. You can set the heated hose up in auto or manual mode. You set the hose temp and in manual mode you set 1 - 6 for humidity level. Other than that the hose connection on the machine is a bit more tricky as you have to remove the rubber cap for the electrical connection and then twist the hose on a certain way.

acbaldwi

Post by acbaldwi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Sure do wish i could get a link to the software... have 3.7 hate that they don't upgrade ya for dot releases...

Duud

Post by Duud » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Uncle Bob,

I am from across the big pond and thank you for the info.

I am a new user of CPAP machine ... I got a S9 with Hi5 and the heating tube (which I got today).

I asked Resmed to sell me their software and they refused so ... I did what I to ...to be able to the treatment result.

Over the last week, it allowed me to identify that the mask I was using was not working for me ... without my cheat it would have taken a year to find out.

I am using a mask which covers only the mouth with nostril pillows...
. The one from Resmed did not do the job ... I had leaks up my yang yang (do your own translation) ... the nasal pillow did not fit well I had to use tape (medical tape) to hold them in position ... my pressure is 17 and the pillows were dislodging from my nose ... thus leaks ... Last night I woke up looking for air because I had a major leak probably due to the internal soft mouth peace detaching itself from the hard plastic base.

. Tonight I will be trying an other make : Hybrid Universal Interface Same think nose pillows and mouth cover but also an attached chin flap. Did the adjustments a few minutes ago ... on nose pillow leak a little but very little ...

The advantage of these type of mask I see (from my new comer point of view) is that I can read in bed ... no large mask, no top of nose scratches as I had during the evaluation period ... AND NO NEED FOR A SPECIAL PILLOW ... WOW ... I think.

I will post on this link the results of my finding ... I am also starting a Twit (twitter) you can reach me at : cpaps9user

If you allow me UNCLE BOB I would like to link this site forum to my Twit ... I will wait for your OK

Cousin Frank

ariana

Post by ariana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi, I am another new user, two nights into using the S9. Four hours of sleep in a row last night!

I have already learned a lot from these forums, thankfully. I am posting the same question as Sandmanvnvmc above, because I am not clear on the answer that was offered. Is there a way for me to access the data from my S9 using the SD card, and if so, how do I go about getting it? I have an SD reader as of today but am a little (a little?!) overwhelmed with all I have to learn and adjust to, and my doc is not tech savvy at this point. I would love to be able to track my numbers and, to the extent that it makes sense, tinker with the machine if that becomes appropriate down the line.

fiberfan

Post by fiberfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:55 pm

ariana wrote:Is there a way for me to access the data from my S9 using the SD card, and if so, how do I go about getting it? I have an SD reader as of today but am a little (a little?!) overwhelmed with all I have to learn and adjust to, and my doc is not tech savvy at this point. I would love to be able to track my numbers and, to the extent that it makes sense, tinker with the machine if that becomes appropriate down the line.
Check your pms.

Joanne