More Eclipse Questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleep2Dream

More Eclipse Questions

Post by Sleep2Dream » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:15 am

What do you do if you have to blow your nose? I know that sounds ridiculous, but when I wake up to use the bathroom in the early morning hours, I often am a bit congested and need to blow my nose. Which seems impossible with the Eclipse halos on...

I have almost given up on the Eclipse, sadly. I contacted the Bleep people, and a super helpful and enthusiastic guy there (not Stuart) spent a bunch of phone time with me trying to help make things work. At his suggestion, I set up a hose hanger system, but even that didn't keep the weight of the mask from pulling on my nose and annoying my upper lip. Maybe I didn't give myself enough of a chance to get used to it, but I can't keep ruining my sleep (and my husband's) messing with it during the night.

The guy I spoke with said he'd give my contact info to Stuart (with my permission, of course, which I gave him), because Stuart might have some other tricks up his sleeve to help me. But that was 9 days ago, and I haven't heard anything.

If any of you Eclipse users have any thoughts to share about your experience with the mask's weight or the way it gets pushed a little to the side (though without leaking!) by the pillow when side sleeping, I'd love to hear them. Maybe hearing more about other people's experiences will help me figure out how to make this work for me.

Thanks!
Mask: ResMed N30i Nasal Cushion
Home Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Travel Machine: Z2 Auto

corgan115

Re: More Eclipse Questions

Post by corgan115 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:21 pm

I've sadly given up, or at least temporarily stepped away, from the Bleep Eclipse. A wonderful concept and when it works it's the best thing in the world.

I too have the weight of the mask pulling on my nose even with a hose hanging system. To make matters worse, this often results in the adhesive coming loose at night and resulting in a leak that cannot be contained.

I've gone back to my p30i in the interim. My hope is that maybe if others are having the same problems that there will be an Eclipse 2.0 or something that might help me return to this product.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:13 pm

I also have had issues with the eclipse. I preordered from Aeroflow. When I got them I had a lot of issues with the metal ring peeling off partially and creating a leak after anwhile. I reached out to Stuart and he said he was aware of this and that they had an issue with the factory and it wouldn’t be resolved until March. He did give me an idea to try . I also was getting a lot of discomfort from under my nose. He recommended to attach the two metal connectors on the frame to a p10 pillow then attach it to the p10 frame. I tried it and had no leaks and slightly better comfort. It was definitely quieter, no more noise when inhaling. I have used the dreamports and feel the adhesive on the eclipse are definitely stronger and more adheres to the skin. I will keep trying this new way of wearing the eclipse and let you know how it goes.

corgan115

Post by corgan115 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:26 pm

mets123 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:13 pm
I also have had issues with the eclipse. I preordered from Aeroflow. When I got them I had a lot of issues with the metal ring peeling off partially and creating a leak after anwhile. I reached out to Stuart and he said he was aware of this and that they had an issue with the factory and it wouldn’t be resolved until March. He did give me an idea to try . I also was getting a lot of discomfort from under my nose. He recommended to attach the two metal connectors on the frame to a p10 pillow then attach it to the p10 frame. I tried it and had no leaks and slightly better comfort. It was definitely quieter, no more noise when inhaling. I have used the dreamports and feel the adhesive on the eclipse are definitely stronger and more adheres to the skin. I will keep trying this new way of wearing the eclipse and let you know how it goes.
Having trouble understanding what you are doing with the p10 and Eclipse ... are you putting on the halos and then putting the p10 over it?

mets123

Post by mets123 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:48 pm

First I put on the halos. Then twist the magnets off the frame of the eclipse, and attach them to the p10 cushion be pushing the plastic opening of the eclipse (the lower portion)through the p10 cushion. Now you have a p10 cushion and the magnet of the eclipse on both sides of the p10 cushion.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:11 pm

Could you post pictures of what that solution looks like?
Thank you.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Sleep2Dream

Post by Sleep2Dream » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:21 pm

mets123 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:48 pm
First I put on the halos. Then twist the magnets off the frame of the eclipse, and attach them to the p10 cushion be pushing the plastic opening of the eclipse (the lower portion)through the p10 cushion. Now you have a p10 cushion and the magnet of the eclipse on both sides of the p10 cushion.
Like others, I'm having trouble picturing this solution. Though it wouldn't work for me anyway, as I use the N30i nasal cushions, not pillows. I'm glad it's working better for you with this fix.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:43 pm

I would be glad to send a picture. Can you please let me know how to attach the picture after I take it using an iPhone? Not great with those things.

Sleep2Dream

Post by Sleep2Dream » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:54 am

mets123 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:43 pm
I would be glad to send a picture. Can you please let me know how to attach the picture after I take it using an iPhone? Not great with those things.
When you compose your post, there are two tabs available below the "save draft," "preview," and "submit" buttons. One is for Options, the other for Attachments. Click on "Attachments" and you should be able to attach your photo.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:06 am

Sleep2Dream wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:54 am
Click on "Attachments" and you should be able to attach your photo.
Sorry but the forum attachment feature seems to be full and until people remove old past attachments people can't attach new files.

Images must be hosted some place else and then linked to or embedded in posts.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:57 am

Pugsy can you walk me through how to post a picture using am iPhone?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:17 am

mets123 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:57 am
Pugsy can you walk me through how to post a picture using am iPhone?
Sorry. I don't know the exact steps.
I don't know how to get a picture from my phone to my imgur.com account directly. :shock:
I know there has to be a way but I don't know the steps. I have tried....was never successful.

When I have something on my phone that I want to share I have to email it to myself and then open the email on my laptop and get the file that way onto my computer and then I can move it to my imgur account.
It's a lot of work and I don't do it unless I just have to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:41 pm

mets123 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:43 pm
are you using an iphone to read the forum messages or do you use a computer? if you use a computer, do you know how to get the pics you take moved from the iphone to the computer?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Sleep2Dream

Post by Sleep2Dream » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:56 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:06 am
Sleep2Dream wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:54 am
Click on "Attachments" and you should be able to attach your photo.
Sorry but the forum attachment feature seems to be full and until people remove old past attachments people can't attach new files.

Images must be hosted some place else and then linked to or embedded in posts.
Thanks for the reminder, Pugsy. I just deleted my old attachments.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:49 pm

Zonker, I can take a picture with my iPhone then send it to my email. Please walk me how to attach it .
Thanks