“Motor life exceeded, please contact service provider."

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JaxTom

Re: “Motor life exceeded, please contact service provider."

Post by JaxTom » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm

So here's where I'm at.... Since I was resigned to starting over, I thought I'd start completely over. Went to new sleep doc associated with big Hospital Chain in town (Baptist in Jax). I am now scheduled for sleep study on 27th.

He says we have to start over with non-ASV machines and work our way up. He's not totally convinced I'll get to a ASV. We'll see. Life would be simpler on a "normal" machine,

My initial feeling is I might like him better than my current sleep doc. I'll stick with whoever I like best.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:38 am

It sounds to me crazy you need to start again with 3 sleep studies and 3 different machines over an extended time with your sleep quality affect when you have proven the ASV works for you it sounds like the Dr has a boat to pay for

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:40 am

Jas_williams wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:38 am
It sounds to me crazy you need to start again with 3 sleep studies and 3 different machines over an extended time with your sleep quality affect when you have proven the ASV works for you it sounds like the Dr has a boat to pay for
Yachts and greens fees are *EXPENSIVE!*

Don't judge, don't be 'that guy' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 am

If nobody has already said it, that error message is just a clock, there is nothing wrong with the PAP.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am

In my clinical menu, I found where replacement reminders can be turned on and off.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:42 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am
In my clinical menu, I found where replacement reminders can be turned on and off.
I don't see a motor replacement reminder that can be turned off. So I can't see how that will help time to start the process to get a new machine

JaxTom

Post by JaxTom » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:23 am

So, did the sleep study on 27th. They allowed me to use my nasal pillow mask for 2nd part of study. Just got results over phone. I can stop by for paper copy. (why not mail a.pdf?).

They said I was only a 20 which was moderate. I'm pretty sure I was higher before, at least during REM. They put me on BIPAP (I believe) and I was 0.0 with no signs of centrals. So looks like I might be able to get off the ASV.

Supposed to call with new machine in a few days.