SoClean CPAP Cleaner: Comments?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: SoClean CPAP Cleaner: Comments?

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:43 pm

jnk... wrote: . . .

I have found no mention of SoClean, or any similar system, in manufacturers' recommendations for their products. If such systems are not specifically recommended, or even commented on, then that makes usage of such systems for medical equipment entirely off-label and thus, in my opinion, risky.

My position is that if you want to know how to clean a medical device, consult the manufacturer for the recommended procedure for doing so. Full stop. End of position.
. . .
Thank you for this insight, JNK.
Using any non-specified product or device for cleaning or maintenance
is also common grounds for invalidation of any warranty--an opportunity too tempting to resist.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:Enough already! We get it that most people think the SoClean is a waste of money. So do I. But, how many times can you say the same thing in over half a dozen threads? Say it once, maybe even twice... then allow people to make their own decisions. The people that like the SoClean machine are not personal friends. They are people on the internet that we don't even know for goodness sakes. It's THEIR money and THEIR decision. Do you really care how people spend THEIR money. I could bet that the person who bought a SoClean could find something YOU bought just as ridiculous. You wanna spend $300.00 on a machine... go for it. For all you know they have twenty million dollars hiding somewhere and $300.00 for a gimmick product is fun for them. Who cares!

Why not just point people to the many threads about the SoClean machine - and allow people to make up their own minds. As pointed out in a different thread, just talking about something gives it even more publicity.
If it bothers you so much, why not just stop reading this thread? -- and allow people to post whatever they want?
Point taken!

Edit: About the SoClean, not the guns.
Well .... I have to admit that I bought some crypto-currencies earlier this year and the people I told thought it was a ridiculous waste of money. Now I just wink at them whenever I see them.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:52 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:Enough already! We get it that most people think the SoClean is a waste of money. So do I. But, how many times can you say the same thing in over half a dozen threads? Say it once, maybe even twice... then allow people to make their own decisions. The people that like the SoClean machine are not personal friends. They are people on the internet that we don't even know for goodness sakes. It's THEIR money and THEIR decision. Do you really care how people spend THEIR money. I could bet that the person who bought a SoClean could find something YOU bought just as ridiculous. You wanna spend $300.00 on a machine... go for it. For all you know they have twenty million dollars hiding somewhere and $300.00 for a gimmick product is fun for them. Who cares!

Why not just point people to the many threads about the SoClean machine - and allow people to make up their own minds. As pointed out in a different thread, just talking about something gives it even more publicity.
If it bothers you so much, why not just stop reading this thread? -- and allow people to post whatever they want?
Point taken!

Well .... I have to admit that I bought some crypto-currencies earlier this year and the people I told thought it was a ridiculous waste of money. Now I just wink at them whenever I see them.
Wow! Are you thinking you are too wealthy to still be a member of this forum? Hind sight. I wish... when it was around $100.00.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:03 pm

The promise that has never been kept:
mldenison wrote:I'll retire from this thread
mldenison wrote:I have 2 safes full. Appreciate it, though. .22's through .50 BMG

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:

Point taken!

Wow! Are you thinking you are too wealthy to still be a member of this forum? Hind sight. I wish... when it was around $100.00.
I thought about it way back in 2012 when Bitcoin was $5 and just couldn't make up my mind if it was a scam or not ... then I forgot all about it until end of last year -- when I came across this guy's YouTube channel and he finally convinced me it was the right thing to do.
Andreas Antonopoulos

No Soclean for me .... Bitcoin is ok though.

Now about the .50, where I can I buy one of those?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Hang Fire wrote:The promise that has never been kept:
mldenison wrote:I have 2 safes full. Appreciate it, though. .22's through .50 BMG
Reread my post, I had edited it for people of your ilk.

Mort

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:04 pm

mldenison wrote:You know, this thread reminds me of another touchy subject. There are those who have a dislike, or hatred, of guns. They will not own one and do not want anyone else to own one. Then there's the other side who have a dislike, or hatred, of guns. They won't own one but don't particularly care if anyone else owns one. There's a lot of similarities here.

I'll retire from this thread and let the self proclaimed experts battle it out (SoClean part, that is). It's apparently a waste of my time.
So... you're saying... that those that are against guns don't think they WORK??? Or are you just bringing up something totally different to get in an oblique jab?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pm

jnk... wrote:A pretty brave public position on this, coming from a guy who installed a Theravent inside nasal pillows, dontcha think?
You're just a troublemaker... you know that?

On the other hand, your Theravent modification isn't claiming to CLEAN or "sanitize" anything

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 pm

mldenison wrote:I'll retire from this thread and let the self proclaimed experts battle it out (SoClean part, that is). It's apparently a waste of my time.
Help me out here... why is it that people that *publicly* promise to leave a thread, or a forum...

never do?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:10 pm

mldenison wrote:
Hang Fire wrote:The promise that has never been kept:
Reread my post, I had edited it for people of your ilk.
So, you mean all you want to do is rouse rabble...

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 pm

palerider wrote: You're just a troublemaker... you know that?
I'm so glad there's at least one person here who understands how hard I'm trying to be an aspiring troll.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 pm

jnk... wrote:
palerider wrote: You're just a troublemaker... you know that?
I'm so glad there's at least one person here who understands how hard I'm trying to be an aspiring troll.
I didn't say you're *good* at it

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:47 pm

palerider wrote:
mldenison wrote:I'll retire from this thread and let the self proclaimed experts battle it out (SoClean part, that is). It's apparently a waste of my time.
Help me out here... why is it that people that *publicly* promise to leave a thread, or a forum...

never do?
They don't have the commitment the U.S. draft dodgers did, probably the don't have rich daddies to write the checks. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm

palerider wrote:I didn't say you're *good* at it
Well, just for that, I'm NEVER retiring from this thead. So there!
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 pm

jnk... wrote:
palerider wrote:I didn't say you're *good* at it
Well, just for that, I'm NEVER retiring from this thead. So there!
Good Bye! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire