New cpap cleaning gizmo, the "Maxhoo"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onthefreeway

New cpap cleaning gizmo, the "Maxhoo"

Post by onthefreeway » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm

I admit it, I pretty much never clean my cpap, shame on me. Maybe the nasal pillows occasionally. I replace the tank and tubing maybe once annually. I have been fortunate to have just had one cold a year, sometimes two, since starting treatment 6 years ago. But a friend is trying to shame me into sanitizing everything daily, which I believe is overkill. There also seems to be a preoccupation with cleaning "the machine," as if the inside is filled with dirt that we are somehow inhaling. Don't the filters keep stuff from getting inside? Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this gizmo, the "Maxhoo?" My friend swears by it, says it's smaller than the "So Clean," cheaper, and very easy to use. Would appreciate your thoughts. I did a search for "Maxhoo" on this forum but nothing came up. I am loathe to switch up my routine, but I told her I'd consider it!

It's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KC ... BSa_cP5lQk

palerider

Re: New cpap cleaning gizmo, the "Maxhoo"

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:09 pm

onthefreeway wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm
I admit it, I pretty much never clean my cpap, shame on me. Maybe the nasal pillows occasionally. I replace the tank and tubing maybe once annually. I have been fortunate to have just had one cold a year, sometimes two, since starting treatment 6 years ago. But a friend is trying to shame me into sanitizing everything daily, which I believe is overkill. There also seems to be a preoccupation with cleaning "the machine," as if the inside is filled with dirt that we are somehow inhaling. Don't the filters keep stuff from getting inside? Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this gizmo, the "Maxhoo?" My friend swears by it, says it's smaller than the "So Clean," cheaper, and very easy to use. Would appreciate your thoughts. I did a search for "Maxhoo" on this forum but nothing came up. I am loathe to switch up my routine, but I told her I'd consider it!

It's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KC ... BSa_cP5lQk
Ignore your friends bad advice.

That thing is more junk, the only advantage it has is that it's a less expensive scam than the NoClean.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Looked all over found no brush, no soap, no water, nothing that would clean anything, maybe you need to rethink about your friends. Sounds like a No Clean salesman in the making to me. Jim

Not a Friend.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:14 pm

onthefreeway wrote:
I admit it, I pretty much never clean my cpap, shame on me. Maybe the nasal pillows occasionally. I replace the tank and tubing maybe once annually. I have been fortunate to have just had one cold a year, sometimes two, since starting treatment 6 years ago.
I'm guessing that had you been using So-Clean or some other similar ozone sanitizer then you likely would have only had one cold a year, maybe two.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:16 pm

onthefreeway wrote:
But a friend is trying to shame me into sanitizing everything daily, which I believe is overkill.
tell your friend to take a hike. very, very few people here take things like this or soclean seriously. in a minute, either pugsy or palerider will come along with a few helpful links and a lot of knowledge that will hopefully keep you from spending money on products such as these.

eta- OR friend dog slobber!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

more eta- OR i can just learn to type faster.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Maxhoo = Maximum Hooey.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Thumper68

Post by Thumper68 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm

【Destroy 99.99% of Germs】In just 30 minutes,Maxhoo upgraded version of the compact and portable CPAP sterilizer use ozone to Kill 99.99% of all germs, bacteria, automatically disinfect your equipment without any dead angle. Note: Please make sure sold by “ DaoQuNa ”, only "DaoQuNa" offer this small potable bag

I have used a lot of potable water in my day, but never used a potable bag! I have drank potable water from a lister bag, but I don't that that is a potable bag??

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:49 pm

jnk... wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:58 pm
Maxhoo = Maximum Hooey.

squint.gif
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Thumper68 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm
【Destroy 99.99% of Germs】In just 30 minutes,Maxhoo upgraded version of the compact and portable CPAP sterilizer use ozone to Kill 99.99% of all germs, bacteria, automatically disinfect your equipment without any dead angle. Note: Please make sure sold by “ DaoQuNa ”, only "DaoQuNa" offer this small potable bag

I have used a lot of potable water in my day, but never used a potable bag! I have drank potable water from a lister bag, but I don't that that is a potable bag??
Along the same line, I've got a cheap chinese ham radio that says... on the label, PROTABLE TWO-WAY RADIO.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Thumper68

Post by Thumper68 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:17 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:23 pm
Thumper68 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Along the same line, I've got a cheap chinese ham radio that says... on the label, PROTABLE TWO-WAY RADIO.
Maybe we should start a consulting translation business. We could translate Chinese translated English into "readable" English!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am

onthefreeway wrote:
. . . a friend is trying to shame me . . .
Then SHAME ON HIM!
OCD is an opportunity to make this jerk suffer.
Let him have your worst.
Sneeze/cough into your HAND, then touch him or his stuff.
Screw with him--without mercy, until he leaves you alone.
He is not your friend.
Encourage him to be a stranger.