Resmed 10 - LOST DATA?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onthefreeway

Resmed 10 - LOST DATA?

Post by onthefreeway » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:42 pm

I got a new Airsense 10 Autoset just before the pandemic, Feb 2020. But I continued using my trusty Resmed 9 till April 2022. I loved that machine - it worked perfectly for 9 years, till it just quit (it started up again but I thought it was time to let go). I finally unpacked the Airsense 10 in April, and have been using it without too many issues. I try to keep it in Airplane mode because I am not comfortable with my results being wi-fied to lord knows where. It also DID NOT COME with an SD card, which should have been a red flag, but I thought it didn't really matter since I could get one later or just bring the machine in if I had to visit the doc. BUT...it's been weird lately about my data, many times showing just .01 hours of use when I have used it 8 hours or more. But the historical data was there. Today, though, I woke up to find ZERO DATA on this machine, it's like it's brand new. I check the time periods - 1 year, 6 months, 3 months, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day - and ZIP, it shows :01. I unplugged it, plugged it back in. No change. So I'm wondering if this data is lost forever? And is this something that I can fix/adjust? Or will it require an actual repair? Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by onthefreeway on Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Re: Resmed 10 - LOST DATA?

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:46 pm

onthefreeway wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:42 pm
I got a new Airsense 10 Autoset just before the pandemic,
onthefreeway wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:42 pm
finally unpacked the Airsense 11 in April,
Which is it...AirSense 10 or AirSense 11?

Do you now have a SD card for it?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onthefreeway

Post by onthefreeway » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:56 pm

Thanks Pugsy. Apologies - it's been edited, I have an Airsense 10.
Nope - do not yet have the SD card yet. I can't get a regular one, right? I have to buy a Resmed one, or something specifically for a cpap?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Go to Walmart (or similar store) and get any old generic SD card...32 GB size or LESS.
You only need about 4 GB size (maybe you have an old one laying around somewhere) but the smaller sizes are getting hard to find and very pricey when you do.
I am using a 16 GB Sandisk SD card that I got from Walmart in my ResMed machine. I lost the old card.

It does NOT have to be a ResMed branded SD card for it to work.

Get the SD card and insert it in the machine and then use OSCAR to see what gets reported.
As far as I know the only way to lose past data is to erase the past data and that involves a specific step...not something that can just up and happen to the internal storage.

Have you tried to change the clock and it not let you and offer to erase the data so you can reset the clock?????
That's about the only way to lose data on the AirSense 10 models....you have to do it. I have never heard of a machine losing old stored data without user doing something.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onthefreeway

Post by onthefreeway » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:18 pm

Thanks Pugsy, I will get an SD card.
I just checked the machine again - older data has now reappeared (1 week, 1 month, etc.) - BUT it still says I used the machine for :01 last night, when I know I slept fine using it for at least 7-8 hours. I can't remember the last time I went into the "clock" function - maybe when I set it up? I have traveled a bit, but within the same time zone. I will check it out.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:25 pm

Did you happen to sleep past 12 noon per the machine clock????? That will cause the machine to show only the time or fraction of time the machine was used past 12 noon....
The machine starts a new 24 hour reporting period every day at 12 noon per the machine clock.

onthefreeway

Post by onthefreeway » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:36 pm

I am a major night owl and I have slept past noon in the past, but today I did NOT, which is why I was so confused. I have to get in there and check the clock, maybe it doesn't know what time it truly is!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:11 pm

onthefreeway wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:36 pm
I am a major night owl and I have slept past noon in the past, but today I did NOT, which is why I was so confused. I have to get in there and check the clock, maybe it doesn't know what time it truly is!
The clock could be set wrong and it might be worth checking the clock time.
Do you know how to do that?
It's explained in the manual.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf

If the clock shows Noon and it's really 11 AM and you slept a little past 11 AM the machine would think you slept a little past noon.
0.1 usage though....that's just a few minutes and about as small of a number the machine can report.

onthefreeway

Post by onthefreeway » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:56 pm

I think that was it, I just looked and it appears the clock did not revert to standard time from daylight savings when the time change occurred last month. I guess I need to turn off airplane mode for that! But I don't remember ever having to correct my Resmed 9, which had no wifi. Anyway - I just fixed it. Thanks for responding to all my questions, Pugsy!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:35 am

onthefreeway wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:56 pm
it appears the clock did not revert to standard time from daylight savings when the time change occurred last month.
AirSense 10 machines won't automatically correct/change the clock when there is any time zone change like DST to standard time.
You have to do that yourself.
Airplane mode has nothing to do with it.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 am

If the SD card in the S9 is still OK, why not insert it into the S10?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 am

JeffL wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 am
That still wouldn't fix the problem the OP originally had here. It wasn't a SD card problem in the first place.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:20 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 am
JeffL wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 am
That still wouldn't fix the problem the OP originally had here. It wasn't a SD card problem in the first place.
I went back and read to OP again. I don't know what I could be missing. He said the S10 didn't come without a card, and planned on purchasing one. There were follow up posts advising him as to what card to buy. The problem he was concerned about was the machine showing less hours (I assume on the display) than actually used. (Possibly due to the time of day he checked on it). I was addressing the missing card issue.