Relationship between snoring and cpap pressures?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
GreenBean

Relationship between snoring and cpap pressures?

Post by GreenBean » Wed May 16, 2018 5:34 pm

I have a snoring problem, including on cpap. Can adjusting the pressures significantly decrease the snoring episodes?

Pugsy

Re: Relationship between snoring and cpap pressures?

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Is it VS snores or VS2 snores that you are seeing on your software reports that is the problem?

Is someone reporting that they are hearing lots of snores?

Usually more pressure for snores except when the snores are VS2 snores and maybe not real. Gets a bit complicated.
Doesn't usually take much of an increase in pressure to kill snores though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

GreenBean

Post by GreenBean » Wed May 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Both VS and VS2. I haven't slept in the same house with anyone since starting cpap, but before that for years people not even in the same bedroom would complain about my snoring. I have intentionally isolated myself for years so as not to be subjected to comments about my horrendous snoring (and to not subject anyone else to it). There will be a large family gathering in a few months and I would like to not have the expense of renting a separate bungalow.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 pm

I just now looked back on your May 2018 software reports and the snores aren't bad.
Not enough that I would want to do much about them.
It's also possible that when you see some little clustering of the snores that you are on your back again.

It's nearly impossible to totally eliminate all snore flags and especially the VS2 snores.

A handful of snores without any OAs or Fls being flagged at the same time I don't know that I would worry much about.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

GreenBean

Post by GreenBean » Wed May 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Thank you, Pugsy. I will try to lure a family member for an overnight while I'm using the cpap to see if the noise is tolerable.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Some people have good luck using some sort of recording app on their cell phones.
I have never used one myself but some of the forum members have and could maybe offer some ideas to at least get you close in terms of just how annoying your snores might or might not be.

My husband reports that sometimes I still snore but it's usually when I am on my back for some reason and it's nothing like it used to be before I started on cpap. It doesn't rattle the windows anymore. :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm

GreenBean wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:05 pm
Thank you, Pugsy. I will try to lure a family member for an overnight while I'm using the cpap to see if the noise is tolerable.
I suggest cookies. :D

But, yeah, if you've got audible snores you want to reduce, more pressure.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Scluvsrain

Post by Scluvsrain » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 pm

I have SnoreLab on my iPhone. It’s a free downloadable app, if you want to get a quick test to see if you’re snoring. I have the premium version which cost me $5.

I went on a trip with a friend a couple of years ago and she told me I snored a lot, so that’s why I downloaded it.

SnoreLab is what clued me in to the fact that I was snoring and maybe had a potential problem. And look at me now - on CPAP!! I sleep alone with just the dog as company and I like to blame him for the snoring. Turns out we both snore but I was louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenBean

Post by GreenBean » Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Shuvsrain, I did use some app (before downloading SH) and it recorded audibly my snores. Very bad and I don't want to hear anymore!

I have two pillows against my back to nudge me back onto my side if I tried to lie on my back. It works, probably because being on my side has been my preferred position for so many years that I just needed a reminder in my sleep. I don't know why I had started to change to lying on my back after several hours asleep. My AHI dropped down to 3+ with staying on my side. Last night I changed my pressure to 6 (thanks Pugsy) My AHI went down to .95, I had only a few VS2, no VS and only 2 OA! Best of all, I felt very good when I woke up.

jbstarks3

Post by jbstarks3 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:18 am

It would be interesting to see if another person can hear you snore through your mask. If you live alone, you could record yourself with your phone/camera and see if you can hear yourself snore. Then you can compare that to the data and see if it correlates.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 am

My understanding is that "snoring" as reported by a home-treatment machine is often a completely different beast from "snoring" that is audibly heard by another human or by PSG.

Am I allowed to post this link here? Or is this gonna get us all sued and arrested? (I'll keep an eye on the front lawn in case tac teams show up and we all need to make a run for it.):

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... oring_Data
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am

jnk... wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 am
My understanding is that "snoring" as reported by a home-treatment machine is often a completely different beast from "snoring" that is audibly heard by another human or by PSG.

Am I allowed to post this link here? Or is this gonna get us all sued and arrested? (I'll keep an eye on the front lawn in case tac teams show up and we all need to make a run for it.):

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... oring_Data
It's fine that you post a link to something on the "other" forum. :lol: RobySue did that tutorial and she also did this here about the snores
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155478&p=1182858&hi ... g#p1182858
in an attempt to explain the VS2 vs VS that Respironics flags
GreenBean wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 pm
Last night I changed my pressure to 6 (thanks Pugsy) My AHI went down to .95, I had only a few VS2, no VS and only 2 OA! Best of all, I felt very good when I woke up.
Good to hear that such a small change in the minimum pressure yielded such good results and even better that you are feeling those good results. Normally small snores will respond easily to a minor pressure change.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am
It's fine
Thanks for that sitrep. If no one from the other camp is on the move this way, then I'll tell the perimeter they can all stand down.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 pm

jnk... wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am
Pugsy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am
It's fine
Thanks for that sitrep. If no one from the other camp is on the move this way, then I'll tell the perimeter they can all stand down.
but you still want to keep the snipers posted, right?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Nobody told me to holster my iron yet.