AirSense 11 Humidifiier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KobeT

AirSense 11 Humidifiier

Post by KobeT » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:31 pm

How do you disable the humidifier on the Airsense 11 Autoset? I have never used my old cpap with a humidifier as I live in south florida and we have very high humidity normally.

Scott_G

Re: AirSense 11 Humidifiier

Post by Scott_G » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:20 pm

On the Home Screen, click "My Options".
On the "My Options" screen, find "Climate Control" and change it to "Manual".
Now scroll down a little on the "My Options" screen and you should see a "Humidity Level" setting. (This setting only appears when "Climate Control" is set to "Manual".) Click that and change it to "OFF".

The default "Climate Control: Auto" setting is *supposed* to sense ambient humidity and only add more "if needed". Theoretically, that means the humidifier should remain off if ambient humidity is already high. But I have never tested to confirm that, and I have no idea what Resmed's "target" humidity level is. So -- it is probably best to just turn it OFF if you're sure you don't want any added humidity and/or have not filled the tank.

KobeT

Post by KobeT » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:02 pm

I believe the climate control only appears I believe if it has the climate control hose which I don't. I do have a humidity level which I set to off but it still shows enable in my options and I can't toggle off.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:59 am

Maybe the clinician's menu?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:57 am

KobeT wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:02 pm
I believe the climate control only appears I believe if it has the climate control hose which I don't. I do have a humidity level which I set to off but it still shows enable in my options and I can't toggle off.
Doesn't choosing "enable" turn the humidifier on?

From Clinical Manual:
The Humidity Level can be set to: Off or between 1 and 8, where 1 is the lowest humidity setting and
8 is the highest humidity setting.
For each humidifier setting, the Climate Control system delivers a constant amount of water vapor, or
absolute humidity (AH), to the patient's upper airway

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:33 am

KobeT wrote:
I do have a humidity level which I set to off but it still shows enable in my options and I can't toggle off.
What does that mean?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Scott_G

Post by Scott_G » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:27 pm

KobeT wrote:
Correct, without the heated hose you'll just see "Humidity Level" on main options menu. Setting that to OFF as you have done should disable the tub heater plate. Are you saying it still heats up even though set to OFF?

When tapping " + MORE " at the bottom of the menu, the list of features there always says "Humidifier: Enabled" -- even when Humidifier is set to "OFF". That's true even if humidifier is set to OFF in the clinician menu. Not sure why Resmed chose to show it that way -- but setting "Humidity Level" to OFF should prevent the plate from heating up at all.

It's possible Resmed listed it that way because -- even with the heater off -- you could still have some humidification with just room-temp water in the tub. I assume you're leaving the tub empty, so coupled with setting "Humidity Level: OFF" you should be getting room air with no added humidification.

KobeT

Post by KobeT » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Scott_G wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:27 pm
KobeT wrote:
It's possible Resmed listed it that way because -- even with the heater off -- you could still have some humidification with just room-temp water in the tub. I assume you're leaving the tub empty, so coupled with setting "Humidity Level: OFF" you should be getting room air with no added humidification.
The reason that I wanted to keep it off is because i live in s. florida and humidity is normally high and I have never in my 20 years or so never used it. Last night was my first night with the new AirSense 11 and wanted to use it empty. I online that Resmed said it could be done. Either way i said the humidity level: off but filled the tub anyways. When I woke up this morning some water had disappeared from the tub, I will double check again tonight to see if it keeps going down.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:34 pm

KobeT wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 pm
When I woke up this morning some water had disappeared from the tub, I will double check again tonight to see if it keeps going down.
Of course it's going to go down *some*... water evaporates.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Scott_G

Post by Scott_G » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:00 pm

KobeT wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 pm
Either way i said the humidity level: off but filled the tub anyways. When I woke up this morning some water had disappeared from the tub, I will double check again tonight to see if it keeps going down.
Air passing over the water will always evaporate some. Setting “Humidity Level: OFF” cannot stop that, rather it just turns off the heat plate under the water tank. Setting higher levels adds heat which creates faster evaporation and higher humidity.

Since you want no added humidity, you should leave the tank empty and set “Humidity Level: OFF”. That will give you what you want.

KobeT

Post by KobeT » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:16 am

Thank you Palerider and Scott G for your help.