Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset A/C adapter issue.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:04 pm

I have a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset that has developed an issue with the yellow socket for the plug from the A/C adapter. I have had a few times when I plug the unit it, it won’t power up. The panel light will come on for a moment, and then go out as I plug the cable into the back of the unit.

I have purchased a new A/C adapter, but I have now discovered that the problem seems to be with the yellow “socket”. It seems loose. I had our cleaning lady move my unit yesterday, and it would not power up last night. I tried blowing out the socket, and finally took a nail file and gently went around the outer part of the socket, finally getting the unit to power up.

I am wondering if this is a known issue, and if there is any fix short of sending it off for repair.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

Tntmoore

Re: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset A/C adapter issue.

Post by Tntmoore » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:20 am

I have the same equipment but have not experienced any difficulty with the DC port on the back of the machine. I would think it's easy to fix but that would require breaking the warranty seal so I don't recommend it. If there is no warranty I would think any tech could easily check the wiring and replace the round dc plug on the back.