People with severe sleep apnea under 50 can expect to live between eight to 18 years if they receive treatment with oral

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

People with severe sleep apnea under 50 can expect to live between eight to 18 years if they receive treatment with oral

Post by D.H. » Sat May 18, 2024 2:39 pm

I started CPAP in 1999 and was 43 years old at the time. According to this I should not have lived past 2017! It's towards the bottom of the article.

Link ===> https://toothopiadental.com/what-is-the ... eep-apnea/

Actually, I think that well treated sleep apnea should not shorten one's life at least not significantly. In fact, those using CPAP successfully might beat the statistical average for the population, because the "general population" includes the undiagnosed, and non-compliant.

Rubicon

Re: People with severe sleep apnea under 50 can expect to live between eight to 18 years if they receive treatment with

Post by Rubicon » Sat May 18, 2024 3:50 pm

advertisement wrote:People with severe sleep apnea under 50 can expect to live between eight to 18 years if they receive treatment with oral appliance therapy or the CPAP machine
Horseshit.
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

lazarus

Re: People with severe sleep apnea under 50 can expect to live between eight to 18 years if they receive treatment with

Post by lazarus » Sat May 18, 2024 5:19 pm

I didn't click the link; I barely trust my own links.
Rubicon wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:50 pm
Horse . . .
Am I the only one who sometimes isn't sure what Rubicon really thinks and feels?
apnea under 50
I never did the math to figure out how old my OSA was before I forever and permanently banished it into oblivion
can expect
Expect nothing; appreciate everything.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p