Autoset II data retention.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pendragon

Autoset II data retention.

Post by Pendragon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi all,
On a ResMed Autoset II:
Does anyone know if you change from CPAP to Autoset, does all the CPAP data previously recorded remain on the machine available for d/l along with the auto data? I figured I'd try it on Auto instead of cpap and I find my pressure is about 1.4 cm higher in auto, but AHI's etc. are lower and I feel more rested, but still would like the cpap data for my Dr. (too late I guess if it's gone )
I'm waiting for my card reader to arrive so I can't check at the moment.

Thanks.
http://www.paintitpinkcanada.com/pages/gallery.php?lang=eng&id=07291949316296
Click here to help fight Breast Cancer. Vote for the butterfly.

jnk

Re: Autoset II data retention.

Post by jnk » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 pm

No data is lost when you change modes. The machine keeps a year's worth of data internally unless you erase it, no matter how many times you switch modes.

Pendragon

Post by Pendragon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Excellent... Thanks...

Good to know, I thought as much, just wanted to be sure.

JayC

Post by JayC » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh....tonight is July 19......on July 18, 2008, I began CPAP therapy.....I'd better use the smartcard tonight in case something does POOF!

Life HAS improved in the last year......and I have been more up to other challenges because my therapy is making a positive difference. In another 365, I hope to have a CarbonMan type breakthrough....... heck, I'll be thrilled with even a fraction of the vitality he reports!!

J

Ganesha

Post by Ganesha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Pendragon,

As JNK said it is no problem switching. I was on CPAP then switched to APAP.
It was cool to see how the pressure graph started to dance.

Mark

Hindu god of intellect and wisdom. Remover of Obstacles.
I am not a Hindu or a god, just Mark from New Jersey. But the CPAP mask makes me look like Ganesha.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Pendragon

Post by Pendragon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Another question along the same lines here.
When you insert the data card into the autoset II and d/l your data, does it erase it from the machine, or does that remain for next time you d/l again?
I've seen the erase all data command on the LCD display, so is that a manual function when you choose to do so?
Man I'll be happy when my reader arrives so I can see all this for myself.

jnk

Post by jnk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 pm

The machine keeps a year's worth of data internally unless you do something to erase the data. The card is just a way to get a copy of the blower's data into your computer.

abq_guy

Post by abq_guy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:09 pm

jnk wrote:The machine keeps a year's worth of data internally unless you do something to erase the data. The card is just a way to get a copy of the blower's data into your computer.
I believe it keeps a years worth of summary data but only a few days of detailed data and I think that depends on the machine.

From the S8 Autoset II specs:

* Data includes usage, leak, AHI, events and pressure.
* Via cable: 365 sessions of summary data, five sessions of detailed data.
* ResScan Data Card: 180 sessions of summary data, five sessions of detailed data.
* Data also available via the LCD menu.

-Guy

Pendragon

Post by Pendragon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 pm

great thanks,
I guess when it gets full, it works as a FIFO buffer and just overwrites the oldest records in turn.

wcj1

Post by wcj1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:37 am

abq_guy wrote: * ResScan Data Card: 180 sessions of summary data, five sessions of detailed data.
That is what the card holds, not what the machine holds. There are a higher number of sessions listed if you hook the machine directly up to a computer with the special adapter. I am pretty sure it was 10 detailed and I am going to guess and say 360 summary, but I could be wrong on these exact numbers.

BillJ

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Ok, y'all got me curious again. I want the AutoSet II...trying to figure out how to get it. Please correct me if I've misunderstood the following.

This ResMed APAP rolls its internal date at noon rather than midnight to ensure that all sleep sessions within that 24-hour day are recorded for a single date.

The APAP itself stores 365 days of detailed and summary data. It takes a special adapter (name or ID please) to connect the APAP directly to a PC loaded with ResScan software to read the data. To retain the data for the previous 365 days, it must be stored on the PC...I assume that that APAP's storage is FIFO for a rolling 365 nights of data. Using this method, one could conceivably read and store each day's data or read and store as desired within 365 days from the last time the data was read and stored.

The APAP's card stores 5 nights of detailed data and ? days of summary data. The card can be read by ResMed's proprietary card reader OR the generic AC-68 card reader (precisely lining up the contact points or creating the handy 'credit card' holder as detailed in another thread) attached to a PC loaded with the ResScan software. I assume that the card's storage is FIFO for a rolling 5 nights of data. Using this method, one could conceivably read and store each night's data or read and store at least every 5 days.

I read somewhere that the user must select which set of data (detailed or summary) are written to the card -- is this correct? Seems pretty dumb to me to not just write the data...oh, I know, why write if it is intended only to be written to periodically to take to the DME/sleep doc afterall they assume that we are all technophobes (boy are they mistaken!), that MD=GOD ( ), that we would never manage our own therapy because we are all passive patients relying on Doc to tell us what to do

Have I got this right? Anything I am missing?

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 pm

You've got most of it right.

ResMed machines have a settable date and time that correspond to the actual data and time. But for reporting purposes, to align with the sleeping practices of the majority, the dividing lilne between days is noon. So if you go to sleep a 8 PM on the 10th and awaken at 7 AM on the 11th all of that session is reported as the 10th.

The machine stores 365 days of summary data internally. I'm not sure how many days of detail are stored. The card holds up to 5 sessions, but I am not exactly sure what the definition of a session is. I know that I have lost detail data if I downloaded every five days. Downloading more frequently solved that problem. You cannot control which days are written to the card. You just insert the card, and wait for the message to remove it. The machine records the most recent data.

The direct link between the machine and the PC is a special USB cable. A regular USB cable can be modified but I don't know what the modifications are. One user reported that he could not get the cable to work with ResScan, and that he found that downloading via cable was only supported in earlier versions of the software.

The card holds 5 sessions of detailed data and 180 days of summary data. The generic card reader is made by ACS (as is the ResMed reader) and is an ACR38.

On downloading you can select to download just the summary data or the summary and detail data. You can also select to download fewer than 5 sessions, but it is always the most recent of the 5 sessions that are downloaded.

Test on Friday.
jeff

kty

Post by kty » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:06 am

Hey there, i am new to this list and have been struggeling with equipemnt for 8 months. Do you know if the data is cleared from the machine once it is downloaded to the card? I want to load 5 days worth of data from the Autoset II in order to get detail but dont want to clear it from the machine. Also, once the data is written to the card, can the card be reused or is it write protected?
thanks. This forum has helped be a lot. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

p.s. i just saw the rest of your answers along these lines. Anything you all want to add will be much appreciated. Sorry for the duplicate question.