BrokenGL versus OpenGL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Broken Bob

BrokenGL versus OpenGL

Post by Broken Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:29 am

Just finished downloading 9.8.01. There are two exe. files, opengl and brokengl. What is the difference? Which should I use? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I cannot imagine that this question has not arisen previously but I could not find it. Sorry for any redundancy.

Pugsy

Re: BrokenGL versus OpenGL

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:00 am

Try "open GL" first...if your computer is 64 bit it should work.
It works well on my 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium laptop.
If I remember right it will tell you if it won't work...the main difference is the open one is a bit faster and some other little inner workings thing that I can't remember.
If it doesn't work then go try the other

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:02 am

You can use either. Broken refers to an older video driver set. It doesn't have anything to do with being broken. In theory, Open should provide better renditions, but I've never seen a difference using win 7 and now win 10.
Try them both, use the one that seems to work best. You can switch back and forth between the two at will without hurting anything or having to setup a new profile.

Last edited by Jay Aitchsee on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:07 am

On the Sleepyhead page under the download box is a box which answers which build to choose. http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/?TestingVersions
Basically the Open Gl takes a faster video card. You can start with Open and if it doesen't work go the the Broken one.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Brokenbob

Post by Brokenbob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Thank you Pugsy,OkyDoky and Jay for your replies. BB