Dreamstation GO with battery

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tapau

Dreamstation GO with battery

Post by tapau » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 am

Hi,

I already have a Freedom CPAP battery to use with my regular CPAP when I travel. Will I be able to use it if I buy a Dreamstation GO?

I called Phillips Respironics but of course they suggested I buy the Dreamstation GO battery for another $200+.

Thanks

CapnLoki

Re: Dreamstation GO with battery

Post by CapnLoki » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:58 am

tapau wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 am
Hi,

I already have a Freedom CPAP battery to use with my regular CPAP when I travel. Will I be able to use it if I buy a Dreamstation GO?

I called Phillips Respironics but of course they suggested I buy the Dreamstation GO battery for another $200+.

Thanks
I don't have either but I believe there is no way to run other than on AC or the matching battery. Thus, you'd have to use an inverter witch kind of defeats the purpose of a small pump. For my purposes both the dreamstation go and the airmini are flawed product, for different reasons.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am

Freedom Battery

The DreamStation Go is compatible with the Freedom Travel Battery, as long as it's used with the 150 W Modified Sine Wave Inverter, sold separately.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/philip ... ravel-cpap

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:55 pm

I use a Dreamstation go have been for over a year. I have the Battery Pack and I was staying the night at my girlfriends after i had purchased the battery and wanted to test it I woke up at the 6 hour mark with a dead battery they claim at 10cmH20 that it will power for 13 hours I found at 16cmH20 that it only lasts 6 hours have tried it a second time and was marginally better 6 hours 22 minutes. If I was looking for something for regular use with a battery i would most likely go a different route. My reasoning for the battery is it acts as a power backup in the event of a power outage. I spend a lot of time in areas where the power can go out or the power company can turn the power off in certain wind weather conditions for fire concern. Also the battery on the go is not compatible with the recently released humidifier for the go.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm

My Dreamstation GO' with battery lasts for 2 full nights on one charge. I have my pressure set at app 10-12. (just for comparison)