Thumbs up to the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rob K

Thumbs up to the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto

Post by Rob K » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Thanks so much to the forum members that helped me choose this new machine.

My old machine is a Phillips Resperonics System One Remstar Auto 560P. I've been using the Resmed Vauto for about 10 months now.

I still use the Phillips for camping and when I do it takes a while to get used to. I bought a bilevel machine this time around because I found with the old machine, the pressure was excessive and laborious to breathe against.

Some folks here helped me get the pressures set the same as my old machine to start with. Ten months later and they are still set the same. I haven't even felt the need to take full advantage of the bilevel feature. The old machine was set at max pressure relief on exhale. We set the new machine pretty close to the same as the old. I can say now that the Resmed is so smooth and easy. Now when I turn the machine on I have to lift the cushion off my face to see if it is on and blowing air. It always is. :D :D

Pugsy

Re: Thumbs up to the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Glad to hear you are a happy camper.

When you have time you might update your equipment profile.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Will do. Still using both machines but the Resmed is the main one now.

On the cons side I really don't like the stiff heated hose. I find it needs more attention at night than the softer more flexible heated hose on the Phillips. I don't use heat at all. Wondering if the non heated hose for the Resmed is more manageable than the heated version?

The other thing I noticed is that the Resmed uses a lot more water than the Phillips with passive humidification. I'm pretty sure I have the humidity turned off. I wasn't real clear on the controls when I set it up. I need to read and review that process again.

Need to fill the Resmed every couple, maybe three days. With the Phillips it was once a week. Obviously the tank is different size but that seems like a big difference for water usage.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:34 pm

I have never seen the ResMed non heated slimline hose so I don't know if it is going to be more flexible than the heated hose or not.
Maybe someone here has had the occasion to use both.

For the humidifier...sounds like you may not have it turned off if it is using that much water in passover mode.
You might go into to the setup menu and make sure everything is set to manual and then the humidifier set to 0.
Humidity setting and heated hose air temp both have manual settings available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:34 pm
I have never seen the ResMed non heated slimline hose so I don't know if it is going to be more flexible than the heated hose or not.
Maybe someone here has had the occasion to use both.

For the humidifier...sounds like you may not have it turned off if it is using that much water in passover mode.
You might go into to the setup menu and make sure everything is set to manual and then the humidifier set to 0.
Humidity setting and heated hose air temp both have manual settings available.
Yes the slimline hose I have is much more flexible than the climateline hose. :). The slimline hose came from user Lsat when I bought my backup machine from him. I think he said it came from Amazon.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Hose stiff? chuck it in the dryer... (might want to wrap the heavy ends in a bit of padding..) I left mine in for about a minute and a half, but I checked after minute... still stiff... 30 seconds later, they'd softened up and were very flexible.

Note, I've only done this on plain hoses, but there's no real reason that it wouldn't work on a stiff heated hose.

pre, and post dryering:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 am

So that softens the hose permanently?

In the clinicians settings I have the heat turned off. Climate control is set to auto. Don't see a setting for humidity in user settings or clinician settings. Does the auto climate setting override the heat and humidity? My guess is that auto climate is controlling the humidity but not the heat since I have that turned off. The hose feels cool. The manuals are not real clear on this stuff.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 am

I think I figured it out. If I set it to manual mode I then get the option of setting the humidity and heat separately. Heat says off and humidity says 4. I'm pretty sure I was not in passover humidity all along. The thing I don't know is whether or not the auto mode overrides both the heat and humidity settings where it takes control of both of these. I'm wondering if it does this with the heat turned off in the clinicians settings. Or does auto mode just control the humidity since the heat is turned off in the clinician settings?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 am

Auto mode for climate control is for humidity and it's equal to about a setting of 4 if comparing to manual settings.
Hose air temp can be either auto or manual temperature selection.
When Auto for both the machine will adjust hopefully to whatever is needed with that humidity setting and prevent condensation.
Doesn't always work so great though if the bedroom air temp is on the cool side. Been there and done that myself. :lol:
Climate control......humidity
Hose air temp is separate...can be auto or manual.

You are correct...you weren't doing passover mode if climate control was set to "auto"...you were getting roughly equal to a setting of 4.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents ... sa_eng.pdf

Now if you weren't using a heated hose...you wouldn't have all those options. You would have humidity setting manual mode only.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. That's why I was using more water. Read that in auto mode the unit maintains 85% humidity. I could be wrong but it appears that if you want anything other than 85% humidity you have to change to the manual mode and then the humidity level is not monitored automatically. Strange that we can't adjust the automatic humidity level. Maybe I'm missing something.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Rob K wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 am
So that softens the hose permanently?

In the clinicians settings I have the heat turned off. Climate control is set to auto. Don't see a setting for humidity in user settings or clinician settings. Does the auto climate setting override the heat and humidity? My guess is that auto climate is controlling the humidity but not the heat since I have that turned off. The hose feels cool. The manuals are not real clear on this stuff.
Yes. keep an eye on it, because it can go from "Not enough" to "just right" to "melted" pretty quickly depending on your dryer.. . that's why I threw the last hoses in and waited a minute, opened the dryer, and they were still stiff (I could tell by the fact that they were still straight with the curves like when I took 'em out of the package (I was doing two 10 foot hoses)), so I gave them another 30 seconds, and then they were all smooth curves, took 'em out and let 'em cool.

I got this idea from an appliance repair lady that came to fix my previous freezer... the door gasket they shipped was folded up in a box.. she talked to 'the old guy' back at the shop who said "throw it in the dryer for a couple minutes, it'll be fine"... so, we tried it, and he was right, softened it right up, and it went on the door just fine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 am

Dryer trick worked beautifully. Stretched it out a little when it was warm. The kinks are gone and it's more manageable now.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am

Rob K wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 am
Dryer trick worked beautifully. Stretched it out a little when it was warm. The kinks are gone and it's more manageable now.
Yay!

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Studied the manual again. Figured out that Climate Control auto mode maintains the humidity level at 85% and the temp at 80F. The auto temperature can be set anywhere from 60-86F. The manual doesn't say anything about changing the automatic humidity level. I'd like to turn it down a little. Set it once and forget it. Much nicer than having to adjust manually according to room humidity. It's hard to believe you can't change the auto humidity setting. It really would make sense to do this. I'll contact customer support. Maybe I'm missing something. If not it would be a good suggestion to make that available to us in the future.

RLMMG

Post by RLMMG » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Can always tried a hair dryer or heat gun if you don't want to take chances bouncing around in a dryer. IMO its saver on the ends