for sale: Alaxo nasal stent sleep apnea therapy from Alaxousa instead of cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepyzzzz

for sale: Alaxo nasal stent sleep apnea therapy from Alaxousa instead of cpap

Post by sleepyzzzz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Not sure if allowed to post here or not, please advise if not.

sleep apnea therapy for people with palate obstruction or collapse, no need for battery or other equipment.

i have used this for less than 2 weeks. Everything is in great shape. You need to disinfect all equipment before usage( i also did), It just did not work for me as i have tongue obstruction more than palatal obstruction.

If you are sure you have palate obstruction this might help you instead of the cpap machine.

You can purchase it directly from Alaxo USA for $774 on their site but with prescription.

Size : 6 inches.

Condition is used, as-is and as per photos.

NO RETURNS.

Description(from Alaxousa site)
The AlaxoStent is an FDA registered medical device. It treats sleep apnea (OSA) and snoring. It is clinically tested and bears the CE Mark for the treatment of patients with obstructive sleep apnea or snoring.

The published PSE study by Dr. Janos Juhasz (Hospital Mainburg Germany) demonstrates a very strong and elongated concentric collapse (left image). The soft palate and the complete throat musculature air passage during sleep. The AlaxoStent effects a continuous air passage (right image) which enables unobstructed breathing and thereby eliminates the sleep apnea.

Disclaimers:
1. "The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, I will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item."

2. Medical science is an ever changing field and Information provided, may be, outdated, partial or incomplete and may be inaccurate or useless or contain mistakes. Seller disclaims any obligation, responsibility or liability, which concerns or relates to any information, product or services and is not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this product, web page and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. It is stated that nothing on this page should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and seller exclude all representations and warranties relating to the contents.

ChicagoGranny

Re: for sale: Alaxo nasal stent sleep apnea therapy from Alaxousa instead of cpap

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Cool device. Works for a limited few.

How much?

jimbud

Re: for sale: Alaxo nasal stent sleep apnea therapy from Alaxousa instead of cpap

Post by jimbud » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:07 pm

It says:

For use by a single patient.
As for me that would be you. :wink:

http://www.alaxo.com/alaxostent_eng.html

JPB

Although I am unmarried. :D

Last edited by jimbud on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:24 pm

The OP is offering up his USED device, in spite of the statement that it is for "single patient use only".
Cpap being non-invasive, most CPAP users feel safe to ignore that--
But this thing LOOKS INVASIVE!
Like "single person use only" is serious business.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Wound spray?

Why would you need that? :shock:
I have a can of that when one or the other of my dogs get into a barb wire fence.

How do you get it out? :?

JPB

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:54 pm

Surprisingly, it was well tolerated by the eight subjects in this study.
There were no complications associated with the use of the stent and it was well tolerated by all subjects. Nasopharyngeal stenting widens the range of non-invasive mechanical treatment and seems to be an effective mechanical therapeutic alternative to surgery in nCPAP non-compliant patients with OSA. Careful selection of the patient population is a prerequisite of treatment and therefore it should be reserved for individual cases only.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26525882

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:46 am

This seems a little bit dubious to me. It's an invasive device that has been in contact with areas of the body that could easily contain pathogens. I actually don't think this should be resold and reused. Moderators, what do you think?

More importantly, the results of the study show that it's minimally effective.

Note that the data was reported by Alexo themselves: No therapy, 31 AHI, Alaxostent 19 AHI, and CPAP 8.2 AHI (which is high for effective CPAP treatment, since most of us can get under 3 AHI. But the bigger issue is sterility, and I don't think that piece of equipment like this can be properly sterilized without laboratory equipment. I'm sympathetic to the OP wanting to get some money back out of it, but I don't think it's really ethical or proper for another person to use this. I would see if the company Alaxo can give you a refund.

Cpapian

Post by Cpapian » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:45 am

While we are at it ..... I have a couple of slightly used toothbrushes I am willing to sell. :lol:

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:47 am

Cpapian wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:45 am
While we are at it ..... I have a couple of slightly used toothbrushes I am willing to sell. :lol:
What did you clean with them? Some people use them as small scrub brushes for cleaning small items other than teeth. ;)

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:47 am
Cpapian wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:45 am
What did you clean with them? Some people use them as small scrub brushes for cleaning small items other than teeth. ;)
Maybe Cpapian is willing to part with them because they won't clean the toilet bowl as well as they used to. :wink: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 am

Sounds about as nasty as getting marital aids at a garage sale.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:42 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 am
Ewwww.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:43 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:42 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Ewwww.
What's a matter, didn't give you good vibes?

RLMMG

Post by RLMMG » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:33 pm

This has to be a joke WTF I can't believe anyone would be serious sell this used or they have issues

On another note I'll take my CPAP any day. Doctors should use this as a threat don't want to wear your CPAP well this is next

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:12 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:43 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:42 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Ewwww.
What's a matter, didn't give you good vibes?
is that a beach boys joke?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg