Velcro won't hold

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: Velcro won't hold

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:48 pm

I can't believe velcro goes bad after only 6 years.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

dlwmarshall

Post by dlwmarshall » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:02 pm

I have had a CP for more than 10 years and have always used the Resmed nasal mask. I never had any issues over the years, replacing my mask every year or so, but the mask and head gear that I bought just 5 months ago had velcro that suddenly wouldn't catch consistently, and often let go during the night. The mask itself was still in great condition, but the head gear velcro on one side simply didn't stick. I bought a brand new mask and head gear, and that velcro failed from the first time that I used it. I suspect that they have changed manufacturers because in 10 years I never had this issue, but now in 5 months I have had the velcro issue two times in a row (the same Mask exactly as I've bought over the years, FYI).

I may try taping it in place with electrical tape, which is disappointing. I may look for a different mask brand next time.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Or... sew/glue on new Velcro.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Julie wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm
Or... sew/glue on new Velcro.
+1
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:06 pm

dlwmarshall wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:02 pm
I have had a CP for more than 10 years and have always used the Resmed nasal mask. I never had any issues over the years, replacing my mask every year or so, but the mask and head gear that I bought just 5 months ago had velcro that suddenly wouldn't catch consistently, and often let go during the night. The mask itself was still in great condition, but the head gear velcro on one side simply didn't stick. I bought a brand new mask and head gear, and that velcro failed from the first time that I used it. I suspect that they have changed manufacturers because in 10 years I never had this issue, but now in 5 months I have had the velcro issue two times in a row (the same Mask exactly as I've bought over the years, FYI).

I may try taping it in place with electrical tape, which is disappointing. I may look for a different mask brand next time.
Did you read the first page of this thread?
Several good suggestions were explained to fix the problem.

Which friggin' mask?
Please fill out your profile with the EXACT equipment you're using.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm

This is one of my pet peeves. My replacement scheduled allows me to order a mask more frequently than headgear. Really it should be the opposite, as the velcro goes bad long before the mask needs to be replaced.

ger365

Post by ger365 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 pm

I run a needle through the "hooks" side a number of times to clean it up,