Replacement for S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
spmccord

Replacement for S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel

Post by spmccord » Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 pm

I have a S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine that is 7 or 8 years old and I am interested in finding a replacement. I originally chose a ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP from CPAP.com. They told me that I could not get this machine because it is considered an APAP, and my prescription if for a BiPAP. My new sleep doctor will not change the BiPAP to an APAP.

What is the best replacement for my S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel?

Thanks!

LSAT

Re: Replacement for S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel

Post by LSAT » Wed May 20, 2020 5:58 pm

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO...Are you using Insurance or paying out of pocket?

spmccord

Post by spmccord » Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 pm

LSAT wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:58 pm
I was going to pay out of pocket, but CPAP.com won't sell me the machine with only a BiPap prescription, and I could not convince my new doctor to upgrade the prescriotion.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Wed May 20, 2020 7:50 pm

spmccord wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 pm
LSAT wrote:
I was going to pay out of pocket, but CPAP.com won't sell me the machine with only a BiPap prescription, and I could not convince my new doctor to upgrade the prescriotion.
I wouldn’t call that an “upgrade”. The AirCurve 10 VAuto is the successor to the S9 Bilevel machine. The Autoset, if I’m not mistaken on how it works, is a single pressure machine that automatically adjusts that single pressure throughout the night as your condition warrants. If you NEED to be on a bilevel machine (high pressure for inhalation, lower for exhalation), an Autoset won’t cut it.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed May 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Lifeisabeach wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:50 pm
spmccord wrote:
LSAT wrote:
I wouldn’t call that an “upgrade”. The AirCurve 10 VAuto is the successor to the S9 Bilevel machine. The Autoset, if I’m not mistaken on how it works, is a single pressure machine that automatically adjusts that single pressure throughout the night as your condition warrants. If you NEED to be on a bilevel machine (high pressure for inhalation, lower for exhalation), an Autoset won’t cut it.
You are mistaken...The autoset is not a single pressure machine if it can adjust the pressure....It is a multi pressure machine from 4 to 20. The autoset can change the pressure from inhale to lower exhale.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 pm

LSAT wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:26 pm
Lifeisabeach wrote:
spmccord wrote:
LSAT wrote:
You are mistaken...The autoset is not a single pressure machine if it can adjust the pressure....It is a multi pressure machine from 4 to 20. The autoset can change the pressure from inhale to lower exhale.
Well dang it. So what would be the practical difference then between the AutoSet and the AirCurve VAuto? The clinical guide for the AirCurve says the VAuto mode uses AutoSet algorithms, so is it just the extra options available like S Mode and other features like EasyBreathe? Wider range on pressures?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu May 21, 2020 4:45 am

Lifeisabeach wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 pm
LSAT wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:26 pm
Lifeisabeach wrote:
spmccord wrote:
LSAT wrote:
Well dang it. So what would be the practical difference then between the AutoSet and the AirCurve VAuto? The clinical guide for the AirCurve says the VAuto mode uses AutoSet algorithms, so is it just the extra options available like S Mode and other features like EasyBreathe? Wider range on pressures?
The AirCurve is for people that need pressures higher than 20 and exhale relief more than 3...(The limits on the Autoset)

squid13

Post by squid13 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:58 am

If you have been using a S9 VPAP Auto and your script is for a Bilevel then go with the AirCurve 10 VAuto and buy it from Cpap.com. I don't see a problem, you have the script for the right machine so use it.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Thu May 21, 2020 10:47 am

Guessing it's the cost, since paying out of pocket.

Used is also an option.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 21, 2020 1:50 pm

spmccord wrote:
LSAT wrote:
What you said was that you tried to buy an *autoset*, that is an apap, LSAT said the Aircurve 10 VAuto, that is a bilevel.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.